Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 260
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70359
biomed160169
Yssup Rider59818
gman4452817
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47402
pyramider46370
bambino40244
CryptKicker37046
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 05-08-2017, 01:09 PM   #1
MrTim2
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 4
Default Whistleblower Email - I Have Questions, Please.

Hi all,

I need to send an anonymous whistleblower email to my company's main office to inform them of some actions that have taken place at one of the company's locations. However, I simply CANNOT have this email traced back to me.

I've set up a Gmail account and have the letter written and ready to go. However, I'm nervous about hitting the "Send" button. My questions are:

1. If I log on to this Gmail account from my iPhone while using AT&T's LTE network and send it from a location near the plant (not where I live), is there ANY way this email can be traced to my personal iPhone and/or number?

2. When I send it from my iPhone using the LTE network, I know that the IP address might be able to be seen (or detected), but won't that just give the general physical location from where the email was sent? For example, I send it while parked in a shopping center parking lot, just that physical address can be determined, right, not my cell phone number?

3. Even if company HQ determines the IP address of the sender, can it be traced to my personal cell phone, and subsequent cell phone number?

If anyone's ever sent a whistleblower type email before, please share how you did it, if you were able to remain anonymous, if it worked, and anything else that might be helpful.

Thanks for any help you folks can offer.
Tim
MrTim2 is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:37 PM   #2
Analeese
Account Disabled

User ID: 235310
My ECCIE Reviews

Why can't you write an actual hand written or typed letter which may be more anonymous? Maybe I'm stupid to think that..... But it's the first thought I had....
Analeese is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:38 PM   #3
instfixer
Valued Poster

Using Email for this ? Are you nuts??

Years ago, I got rid of a boss. Me being in Minneapolis and my partner in Chicago.
When the letters were done, I had a friend who worked for another company mail the letters in San Francisco, he was going there for training.

To be doubly safe, purchase some stamps off of Ebay because the stamps printed at the postal kiosk might have an originating city coded in.

I got a couple of 'heads' on my wall.
instfixer is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:31 PM   #4
The Eternal Bachelor
Photographer

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTim2 View Post
Hi all,

I need to send an anonymous whistleblower email to my company's main office to inform them of some actions that have taken place at one of the company's locations. However, I simply CANNOT have this email traced back to me.

I've set up a Gmail account and have the letter written and ready to go. However, I'm nervous about hitting the "Send" button. My questions are:

1. If I log on to this Gmail account from my iPhone while using AT&T's LTE network and send it from a location near the plant (not where I live), is there ANY way this email can be traced to my personal iPhone and/or number?

2. When I send it from my iPhone using the LTE network, I know that the IP address might be able to be seen (or detected), but won't that just give the general physical location from where the email was sent? For example, I send it while parked in a shopping center parking lot, just that physical address can be determined, right, not my cell phone number?

3. Even if company HQ determines the IP address of the sender, can it be traced to my personal cell phone, and subsequent cell phone number?

If anyone's ever sent a whistleblower type email before, please share how you did it, if you were able to remain anonymous, if it worked, and anything else that might be helpful.

Thanks for any help you folks can offer.
Tim
DON'T USE GMAIL!!!

1. Yes, the email can be traced back to YOUR iPhone.

2. See 1 above.

3. See 1 above

DON'T USE GMAIL!!!

Do a search on “how to send whistleblower email”

DON'T USE GMAIL!!!
The Eternal Bachelor is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:34 PM   #5
The Eternal Bachelor
Photographer

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analeese View Post
Why can't you write an actual hand written or typed letter which may be more anonymous? Maybe I'm stupid to think that..... But it's the first thought I had....
Hand writing analysis could match the anonymous letter to him.

Typewriters leave distinctive marks.

http://www.dummies.com/education/sci...-photocopiers/
The Eternal Bachelor is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:45 PM   #6
Analeese
Account Disabled

User ID: 235310
My ECCIE Reviews

Do you really think they will investigate a typed letter? I think this is being over thought... The person who replied after me I think had the best response and advice....Ive never been a whistle blower but these are my thoughts...

Maybe this will help
https://www.reddit.com/r/privacy/com...eblower_email/
Analeese is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:46 PM   #7
ck1942
Meet & Greet Organizer

Encounters: 181

No matter how many g mail accounts you set up, if you use hardware in common, your iphone for two different accounts, google has conglomerated the data.

Go to the public library and use a computer there to set up a hotmail account. Go to another library branch, use the computer there to access the hot mail and send it from there.

Not sure who or how many peeps at the office you intend to cc or bcc but make it enough to make sure the mail gets past the company spam filters.

You might as well also copy the FBI, FTC and other regulatory and LE authorities if you want some impactful action to be taken.
ck1942 is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:20 PM   #8
tandyscone
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

You could also use cash to buy a burner smart phone, to set up the email account and send the email with the smart phone, then ditch the phone.
tandyscone is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:46 PM   #9
instfixer
Valued Poster

When I did my poison pen letters, I had my little brother handwrite the letters.
I bet the bosses went 'blue in the face' trying to match the handwriting.
My partner would certainly be called in and asked about the 'letters'
I told him , your response should be... "What letters? maybe I wrote something a couple years back, that I forgot about, can you show me the letters?"

Actually what happened was the other boss hated this creep and I got a raise and a promotion to the next level.

The pen is my weapon of choice
Old 05-08-2017, 08:48 PM   #10
alaine
"Moved on"..

User ID: 78361
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

YOU need an ATTORNEY, not a bunch of hookers and fucktards. Although there are MANY of us educated/certified and licensed in various professions, not an ideal venue for this type of advice. That being said, I'd love to read the the intelligent replies to this.
alaine is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:25 AM   #11
MrTim2
Gaining Momentum

Thx for all of the responses everyone. I'm going to type the letter, print it and mail it as a certified letter. It has to go to a fairly large office complex in another state, so I'm hopeful it'll be received by the proper individual.

I'll let you folks know how it goes.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:31 AM   #12
instfixer
Valued Poster

Certified mail?
I thought you wanted to
be anonymous.

If you don't get fired, you will just happen to get laid off at the next round of layoffs.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:46 AM   #13
Billysilly
Gaining Momentum

Type the letter and mail it. Don't use email of any kind.
Billysilly is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 12:02 PM   #14
MrTim2
Gaining Momentum

I no longer work for the firm I'm writing about. I'm writing to hopefully right some wrongs that are being committed by those in site management, regarding sexual harassment. My hope is that corporate comes down hard on some of the main offenders. I left the company a while ago, but still have friends there that are putting up with shit from management. Corporate is located several states away and rarely visits the local site. They have no idea what a cesspool the site has become.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:02 PM   #15
Rey Lengua
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTim2 View Post
I no longer work for the firm I'm writing about. I'm writing to hopefully right some wrongs that are being committed by those in site management, regarding sexual harassment. My hope is that corporate comes down hard on some of the main offenders. I left the company a while ago, but still have friends there that are putting up with shit from management. Corporate is located several states away and rarely visits the local site. They have no idea what a cesspool the site has become.
Maybe, as a " kick in the ass " to the corporate people that you want to go head hunting, you could " cc " a hard-core female liberal Congress critter from where the company is located. Just putting the " cc " on the letter would get the" higher ups " freaking out that they can expect some blow back from the Congress critter whether you actually send a copy to the Congress critter or not. Let the Company think that there's letter out there.
Then, you should open up a stand across the street from the Company that sells Depends !:clappi ng:
Rey Lengua is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women