Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160612
Yssup Rider59951
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47573
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35403
Mojojo33117

Old 02-04-2010, 01:54 PM   #1
Brass Balls
Valued Poster

Encounters: 59
Default Culture Crisis instead of Health Care Crisis

A young physician by the name of Dr. Starner Jones wrote this short two-paragraph letter to the White House to accurately put the blame on a "Culture Crisis" instead of a "Health Care Crisis". It's worth a quick read:

Dear Mr. President:
During my shift in the Emergency Room last night, I had the pleasure of evaluating a patient whose smile revealed an expensive shiny gold tooth, whose body was adorned with a wide assortment of elaborate and costly tattoos, who wore a very expensive brand of tennis shoes and who chatted on a new cellular telephone equipped with a popular R&B ringtone.
While glancing over her patient chart, I happened to notice that her payer status was listed as "Medicaid"! During my examination of her, the patient informed me that she smokes more than one costly pack of cigarettes every day and somehow still has money to buy pretzels and beer.
And, you and our Congress expect me to pay for this woman's health care? I contend that our nation's "health care crisis" is not the result of a shortage of quality hospitals, doctors or nurses. Rather, it is the result of a "crisis of culture", a culture in which it is perfectly acceptable to spend money on luxuries and vices while refusing to take care of one's self or, heaven forbid, purchase health insurance. It is a culture based in the irresponsible credo that "I can do whatever I want to because someone else will always take care of me".
Once you fix this "culture crisis" that rewards irresponsibility and dependency, you'll be amazed at how quickly our nation's health care difficulties will disappear.
Respectfully,
STARNER JONES, MD
Brass Balls is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:32 PM   #2
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

User ID: 2676
My ECCIE Reviews

When the Government bans Cigarettes, beer, and pretzels, then I will be on your side, BUT only if they place a heavy tax on junk food/fast food first.

Remember your tax dollars help build roads for drunk drivers, parks where drug dealers dwell, and schools that fail to properly educate.
Guest012211-3 is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:32 PM   #3
lilsmurf
Valued Poster

Encounters: 40

How's the healthcare in London, Nicole? You lucky ass.
lilsmurf is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:40 PM   #4
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Ha Ha...well, I guess standing in line and waiting for weeks isn't so bad. I'm entitled to free health care with a student visa! Just don't ask about the dental plan, LOL.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:23 PM   #5
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Preston View Post
When the Government bans Cigarettes, beer, and pretzels, then I will be on your side, BUT only if they place a heavy tax on junk food/fast food first.

Remember your tax dollars help build roads for drunk drivers, parks where drug dealers dwell, and schools that fail to properly educate.
How about the government not be involved at all?
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:38 PM   #6
Chainsaw Anthropologist
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Preston View Post
Ha Ha...well, I guess standing in line and waiting for weeks isn't so bad. I'm entitled to free health care with a student visa! Just don't ask about the dental plan, LOL.
Ahh yes British dental care

Over the shoulder

Another Acerbic Scot
Chainsaw Anthropologist is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:46 PM   #7
TallTexan2009
Gaining Momentum

Angry

This is a joke! The description of the patient in question is designed to incur the wrath of bigots and Republicans everywhere. Very few sterotypes are left out! Lets wise up and get over this kind of crap! I can't believe that we still respond to these types of racially bigoted Rush Linbaugh blackwashes!

TallTexan2009 is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:55 PM   #8
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post
How about the government not be involved at all?
So what? You can be in charge?
Old 02-04-2010, 09:51 PM   #9
Boltfan

?? In charge of what?
Old 02-04-2010, 09:54 PM   #10
Boltfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallTexan2009 View Post
This is a joke! The description of the patient in question is designed to incur the wrath of bigots and Republicans everywhere. Very few sterotypes are left out! Lets wise up and get over this kind of crap! I can't believe that we still respond to these types of racially bigoted Rush Linbaugh blackwashes!

So the WHITE woman at the supermarket I saw talking on her iPhone while pulling the foodstamps out of her Ed Hardy purse is because of Rush Limbaugh?
Old 02-04-2010, 10:11 PM   #11
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

You can buy (or give up) a hell of a lot of pretzels, beer, smokes, and telephones before you can afford health decent health insurance. My employees' premiums are almost $950 and a family premium is over $1500. I pay all the premium, but anyone who can qualify for Medicaid can't pay those sorts of premiums no matter how many "luxuries" on gives up. And last I heard, I didn't know a phone was a luxury.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:31 PM   #12
Boltfan

An iPhone sure is a luxury. Average bill for an iPhone user is close to $100 per line. You can get very reliable service with texting for around $50 a month, even less if you are willing to settle for someone like MetroPCS.

The insurance I offer for my employees has a cost of $100 per month. It has a high deductible but covers doctors visits, ER visits, Urgent Care visits and prescriptions for much smaller co-pays. As the average age of my employees is under 30 this covers most all of their needs. The person who goes out of pocket most is actually me. Had to pay for a couple of MRI last year but with the cash discount from the provider it wasn't too bad (4 scans for $1200).

I know quite a few people who can afford that. Not all health insurance has to cost $1000 a month.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:06 AM   #13
ocho cinco
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

I think that the point trying to be made is that the majority of Americans are sick and tired of the government giving lazy people a free ride while those who bust their ass everyday trying to provide for their family are paying the price.
ocho cinco is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:46 AM   #14
TallTexan2009
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho cinco View Post
I think that the point trying to be made is that the majority of Americans are sick and tired of the government giving lazy people a free ride while those who bust their ass everyday trying to provide for their family are paying the price.
Now that I can believe! It is just the slanted racial description that burns me up.

As for insurance for a family, there are very few options with premiums less than $1K. If you have any pre-existing conditions you are just out of luck! If you are also unfortunate enough to be unemployed, that would frequently exceed the total of any unemployment you might receive. The bottom line is that working Americans really don't care if the unemployed are covered or not. For some reason the millions of recently unemployed are all there because of their own fault. It will be very enlightening for those who are laid off for the first time and find out that they have few options if any for insurance. We have not had a recession this deep for two generations.
TallTexan2009 is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:45 AM   #15
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Who says these people aren't hard working? They could have 2 crap part-time jobs that do not offer health benefits.

The lady with the iPhone could work for a retail shop that offered it at a discount, and the designer bag could have been a fake.