Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47409
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 12-06-2018, 07:16 AM   #1
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10
Default Mueller recommends no jail time for flynn. flynn must have spilled his guts.

Interesting reading. I have to agree that something big is coming from Mueller. And it's not going to say the investigation is over and dead. We've waited this long, we can wait a bit longer. This article points out some interesting possibilities.

Mueller’s new Michael Flynn memo strengthens obstruction case against Trump

The big takeaway from special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s new sentencing memo for Michael Flynn is that it underscores how little we know about what Mueller has learned. It says President Trump’s former national security adviser has provided “substantial assistance” to Mueller, notes that he sat for 19 interviews and says he’s cooperating not just with the Russia probe but also with a separate criminal investigation that is not named.

But, by tantalizingly hinting at just how much help Flynn may have provided — and by sketching out the barest outline of the areas in which he offered this help — the memo also underscores the likelihood that Trump obstructed justice when he leaned on then-FBI Director James B. Comey to drop the investigation into Flynn.

In arguing that Flynn should not have to do prison time, Mueller’s memo notes that in January 2017, Flynn lied to the FBI — which was investigating whether the Trump campaign had conspired with Russian sabotage of our election. Flynn had falsely claimed he did not have a conversation with the Russian ambassador during the transition, when in fact he had asked Russia (in potential violation of the law) not to escalate the situation in response to the Obama administration’s sanctions.

Flynn lied to Vice President Pence and others about this conversation, leading Pence to make false public statements about it. The White House learned of the lie from the acting attorney general, who said Flynn was now vulnerable to blackmail, and Trump fired Flynn 18 days later. Flynn subsequently pleaded guilty in December of 2017 to lying to the FBI.

Mueller’s memo contains a section claiming Flynn provided “firsthand information” about “interactions” between the Trump “transition team and Russian government officials.” It’s not clear who this refers to other than Flynn, but the memo does say Flynn provided information on his own contacts with Russia, noting, significantly, that Flynn represented the “transition team” at the time. The memo then claims Flynn provided “useful information.” But much of it is redacted, suggesting Flynn has told Mueller a lot about this chain of events.

It seems like ancient history now, but Comey’s claim that Trump pressured him over Flynn is worth revisiting in light of these new revelations.

Revisiting the Comey memos

As you’ll recall, Comey kept contemporaneous memos of his early conversations with Trump. One of those memos recounted that in February 2017, Comey met with Trump and others in the Oval Office. Trump asked everyone but Comey to leave, and then repeatedly told Comey that Flynn “hadn’t done anything wrong” in his phone call to the Russian ambassador. The conversation turned to other topics. Then this happened:

He then returned to the topic of Mike Flynn, saying that Flynn is a good guy, and has been through a lot. He misled the Vice President but he didn’t do anything wrong in the call. He said, “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.” I replied by saying, “I agree he is a good guy,” but said no more.

We have now learned that Flynn provided Mueller a great deal of information about this call and about the events surrounding it. This increases the likelihood that Trump leaned on Comey to drop the investigation into Flynn not because he thought Flynn was a “good guy” but because Trump knew Flynn had a lot to disclose on these matters. Which in turn provides a motive for Trump to try to derail the investigation into him, perhaps with “corrupt intent.”

“This memo suggests Flynn has provided a great deal of information about Russian contacts with members of Trump’s team,” Randall D. Eliason, who teaches white-collar crime at George Washington University Law School, told me. “The more Flynn knew about those contacts, the more motive the president would have had to try to keep that information under wraps by getting the Flynn investigation shut down.”

What Flynn might have testified about

We don’t know what Flynn told Mueller, but let’s go over some unknowns here that Flynn might have addressed. As The Post notes, Flynn’s original guilty plea did not say whether Trump told Flynn to call the Russian ambassador (which Trump has denied) and did not explain why Flynn lied to the FBI to begin with.

Also, don’t forget that Trump buffoonishly tweeted that he “had to” fire Flynn because he lied to the FBI, which would suggest that Trump knew this at the time. (Flynn pleaded guilty to it months later.) Trump’s lawyer hastily walked that back, but what did Trump know at the time, both about Flynn’s contact with Russia and about Flynn’s lie to the FBI about it? What did he tell Flynn?

Recall that we already know that Mueller has been scrutinizing the period of 18 days that passed between Flynn’s lie and his firing over it — for answers to precisely these questions. Ya think Flynn might have some of those answers?

In a good opinion piece, Bloomberg Opinion executive editor Timothy L. O’Brien points to other big unknowns. Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner also had contacts with the Russian ambassador during the transition and also may have directed Flynn to communicate with him. (Note that Mueller’s memo does vaguely reference multiple transition team contacts with Russia.) As O’Brien points out, if Kushner offered a different account of these events than Flynn has, Kushner “may have to start scrambling.”

We don’t yet know what’s under those redactions. But it’s likely that they are concealing a lot of information — shared by Flynn — that Trump did not want the FBI to know about. Which might have given Trump good reason (in his mind, anyway) to try to get the FBI to stop looking into it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.19abdce02ea9
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:49 AM   #2
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

I’ll bet you a 3 month vacation Flynn didn’t implicate Trump. You on?
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:53 AM   #3
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Yup I can see it now " we will let you go if you say what we want" ( BS)
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:57 AM   #4
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I did watch CNN some last night, where they were all speculating that all of the redactions MUST be about then Candidate Trump having secret meetings with Putin.

At one point, I saw Erin Burnett become so excited that she came close to rolling the report up and using it as a dildo.

In the end, this will probably be about as important as Stormy, but not nearly as entertaining.
Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:00 AM   #5
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

there is so much back and forth on this whole thing.. I hear from one side, it sounds totally plausible.. then I hear from the "other side", and that make the first report not only sound implausible, but downright corrupt. I heard Roger Stone on Laura Ingram yesterday, he sounded completely believable, yet I know some practically want him hanged for his involvement.

I'm just going to wait on Mueller's report, and discount rumors that trickle in before the report is finalized and issued. too many special interests trying to spin this thing.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:29 AM   #6
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Ha! That's so true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
I did watch CNN some last night, where they were all speculating that all of the redactions MUST be about then Candidate Trump having secret meetings with Putin.

At one point, I saw Erin Burnett become so excited that she came close to rolling the report up and using it as a dildo.

In the end, this will probably be about as important as Stormy, but not nearly as entertaining.
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:35 AM   #7
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
there is so much back and forth on this whole thing.. I hear from one side, it sounds totally plausible.. then I hear from the "other side", and that make the first report not only sound implausible, but downright corrupt. I heard Roger Stone on Laura Ingram yesterday, he sounded completely believable, yet I know some practically want him hanged for his involvement.

I'm just going to wait on Mueller's report, and discount rumors that trickle in before the report is finalized and issued. too many special interests trying to spin this thing.
What's Stones involvement?

The only things I believe we've credibly heard is
1) Trump fucks Stormy Daniels and paid her off and she signed a NSD that she violated
2) The FBI casually approached Manafort asked him questions and he answered not knowing the FBI had bugged his conversations.
3) Hillary paid for the Steele dossier.
4) The FBI received the dossier from DNC operatives.
5) FISA warrants were issued from phony documents
6) Top FBI/DOJ officials wanted Hillary to win, were acting on those hopes and gave favors to Hillary and her staff so they would not be held accountable for crimes against the US.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:39 AM   #8
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
the fake news media has constantly run from one bit of news, even if its old news that has resurfaced, to another, saying, "now we have him, now Mueller has the goods"

they have frothed at the mouth while salt and peppering one nothing burger after another

the sad thing is, I doubt no one can stand up to an open ended investigation when its an investigation of a man and not a crime
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:14 AM   #9
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
the fake news media has constantly run from one bit of news, even if its old news that has resurfaced, to another, saying, "now we have him, now Mueller has the goods"

they have frothed at the mouth while salt and peppering one nothing burger after another

the sad thing is, I doubt no one can stand up to an open ended investigation when its an investigation of a man and not a crime
That’s what the commies do to their political enemies. Investigate the man until you find a crime.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:57 AM   #10
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
5) FISA warrants were issued from phony documents
Who said they a phoney....much of what was in the document has proven true.

And just because we haven't seen the piss tape does not mean one does not exist.

It looked like that was what Putin and the Saudi Prince were high fiving about!

"Hey Vadi, good thing you have that piss tape."

"Yes my Prince friend, now cut the oil production and let's raise these oil prices., we can blame Trump!"
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:01 AM   #11
bamscram
Valued Poster

Mueller s a republican he has spent all this time and money trying to clear Trump. If you help then no jail time.
bamscram is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:04 AM   #12
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post

Lot of pickles, tomatoes, onions, lettuce,salt, pepper, mustard on that nothing burger. Obama didn't have anyone in his circle indicted. Flynn was a nothing burger lol
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:10 AM   #13
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
That’s what the commies do to their political enemies. Investigate the man until you find a crime.
They hold rallies and chant "Lock her up. Lock her up. Lock her up" Thats what we are doing bro. We are going to lock these mother fuckers up. Oops sorry for my strong language your Holiness. Forgive me Father for I have sinned. Oops again wrong religion.Chop wood carry water
Old 12-06-2018, 04:59 PM   #14
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
They want to investigate me? Roll the dice motherfuckers!!!

Mueller and Trump should just have a duel (spelled dual if you went to Cougar High) and get it over with.

Guns or knives?
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:36 PM   #15
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly fred View Post
They want to investigate me? Roll the dice motherfuckers!!!

Mueller and Trump should just have a duel (spelled dual if you went to Cougar High) and get it over with.

Guns or knives?
I would love to see that. Mueller was a highly decorated Marine combat veteran in Vietnam. Tump's Vietnam was he didn't get a STD. I think Ill take Mueller in this one. One advantage Tump has is that he went to military school and he knows more than the generals do. Oh does he know more than General Flynn?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women