Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160460
Yssup Rider59884
gman4452912
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47496
pyramider46370
bambino40304
CryptKicker37077
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35292
Mojojo33117

Old 03-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #46
Guest110213
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26

I acces Eccie on my iPhone and I am too not being able to get to some forums or threads. Does this mean that my iPhone is infected?
iPhones use Safari to navigate and my default search engine is Google.

I'm just worried about my iPhone being infected since I have a lot of personal information in my iPhone.
Guest110213 is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #47
rockerrick
Account Disabled

Encounters: 63

I don't think you have to worry if your getting warning message. That being said don't keep crucial personal information on a mobile device. They are notorious for their security risk. Especially when using WiFi.
rockerrick is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #48
Shackle
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

This morning Norton alerted me to reports that there was a serious virus problem at the site. I know we have received advice it should be safe to use but will thee be a totally clear message when everything is totally clean?
Shackle is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #49
guest061212-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

guest061212-1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #50
Shackle
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

IMHO this is not something to joke about.
Shackle is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #51
GentlemanCaller007
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23
Post How to tell when it's really gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shackle View Post
This morning Norton alerted me to reports that there was a serious virus problem at the site. I know we have received advice it should be safe to use but will thee be a totally clear message when everything is totally clean?
Not really Shackle, you simply won't see any error messages nor virus alerts anymore. They thought they got it before and the error messages went away for awhile but they only got a piece of it (like cancer) so it regenerated and starting doing it again. But now they are aware of that and know better what to look for.

I'm sure the Mods will post when eccie believes that it is all clear.
Then they will ask Google to re-evaluate them and google will do some kind of scan to determine if the virus is still there. If they can't find anything either, then they will take eccie.net off their "attack site" list. So that would be a good indicator.

In truth, only time will tell.
GentlemanCaller007 is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #52
GentlemanCaller007
Valued Poster

Post iPhone and Android vulnerability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaMas! View Post
I acces Eccie on my iPhone and I am too not being able to get to some forums or threads. Does this mean that my iPhone is infected?
iPhones use Safari to navigate and my default search engine is Google.

I'm just worried about my iPhone being infected since I have a lot of personal information in my iPhone.
Sadly, UnaMas, I know nothing about the architecture and software design of phones. I've got my hands full with web apps and enterprise servers...

Do they even make Anti-virus software for the iPhone and/or Android??

It didn't used to be an issue, but as technology advances, the phones are actually becoming handheld computers and aren't really even phones, and thus are starting to become vulnerable to the same things that laptops and desktops are...

In this thread I have seen postings that smart phones are having similar (and slightly different) reactions and issues because of the virus.

Does anyone have any technical expertise in this area? We've heard from the mac/linux/windows camps. Can anyone provide insight on the impact to smart phones? And how to protect yourself?
Old 03-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #53
rockerrick
Account Disabled

Encounters: 63

I have 4s and I am no longer experiencing any problems. It's been about 5 hrs now without a warning message. But I did go into safari settings and changed search engine to Yahoo. I don't care for googles new policy. Whether or not it has anything to do with it. Which it likely doesn't.
rockerrick is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #54
ez2plz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

I also thought it was fixed last night when I had no problems getting in. However, when I tried this morning, I got warnings again from my AV software. This time however, Malwarebytes didn't seem to pick it up simultaneously. I didn't get any type of AV warning this time, so either it is fixed, or at least temporarily fixed, or it has mutated to the degree that my AV software doesn't pick it up and I am infected. Who knows!!
ez2plz is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #55
urhuckleberry
Ambassador

Encounters: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky21a View Post
This is not the first time hackers hack into the banner adds on the site... I advise getting ad blocker plus and just blocking all adds on this site.. all the time... Unless the owners get professional about security around here

Thee must have knowledge of which no one else is privy.

Or maybe naught.

Post 51 is an opinion backed by experience and expertise.

Huck
urhuckleberry is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #56
BarebackLover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

This is what I have observed. Mods feel free to check whatever chat logs you have.

A few days ago I was in chat and Shea Veille pointed out that another hobby site had all sorts of viruses. Check the logs, chat mods. I did not see any viruses on either site. Yesterday I noticed eccie.net was being blocked for malicious attacks by my antivirus. I did not see this on any other hobby sites, and I still see eccie.net as the only one of the hobby sites being blocked by my antivirus.

Shea Veille, can you lend some insight as to how you knew about this just a couple of days before this started happening? Call me paranoid, but it's a little coincidental that we haven't had any viruses on these sites for many, many months and then you were the one to predict it just before they popped up.
BarebackLover is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #57
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Encounters: 12

iPhone, Android, Mac, even Linux can get malware.

They're all less likely than Windows to get malware, but it's possible.
GneissGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #58
eholiday
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 64

I got tired of having to tell my virus protection to let on ECCIE, so being the computer nerd that I am, blocked the web addresses where the crap is being hosted. I modified the hosts file of my windows PC to redirect any requests to those addresses to my local machine address, which effectively blocks them. It's a manual process, but I haven't been bugged by this any more since I made the change.

http://www.windowsreference.com/wind...windows-vista/

I added these lines to the hosts file to block today's malware sites.

127.0.0.1 fb-sv03.co.uk
127.0.0.1 wearetheworldzaga.nl.ai
127.0.0.1 update-kb18628311.com

Since it is a manual process, you will never be able to access those sites from the computer where the change was made, unless you remove the line from your hosts file. Not that I think there would ever be a legit reason to access any of those.

There should be instructions for doing this for a Mac or Linux machine too. I don't own either of them so remember what we say in the IT world... Google is your friend... Especially when you are helping them makes tons of money!
eholiday is online now   Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #59
GentlemanCaller007
Valued Poster

Question More errors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eholiday View Post
I got tired of having to tell my virus protection to let on ECCIE, so being the computer nerd that I am, blocked the web addresses where the crap is being hosted. I modified the hosts file of my windows PC to redirect any requests to those addresses to my local machine address, which effectively blocks them. It's a manual process, but I haven't been bugged by this any more since I made the change.

http://www.windowsreference.com/wind...windows-vista/

I added these lines to the hosts file to block today's malware sites.

127.0.0.1 fb-sv03.co.uk
127.0.0.1 wearetheworldzaga.nl.ai
127.0.0.1 update-kb18628311.com

Since it is a manual process, you will never be able to access those sites from the computer where the change was made, unless you remove the line from your hosts file. Not that I think there would ever be a legit reason to access any of those.

There should be instructions for doing this for a Mac or Linux machine too. I don't own either of them so remember what we say in the IT world... Google is your friend... Especially when you are helping them makes tons of money!
Interesting technique eholiday! So you are redirecting the script action away from the URL and back toward your own PC. Don't you still get web page errors and such when it can't find the script or resources on your local machine?

Norton is nice. It just blocks those requests, shows me a fade-away notice (like Outlook telling you that you have an email) and then goes away. I don't have to do anything and it doesn't stop me from doing what I want. It just blocks the "extra" code.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #60
GentlemanCaller007
Valued Poster

Post F.Y.I. eccie is not the ONLY site with this virus

AVG Threat Labs reports - "Blackhole Exploit Kit is a Webthreat that is spreading. It is currently ranked 1 in the world for online threats. Blackhole Exploit Kit has been detected by AVG on victims' machines in 221 countries during the last month. There are currently 58,456 websites in 134 countries that host Blackhole Exploit Kit."

When a site becomes infected it is considered "a host" so really what they are saying is that around 58,456 web sites have become infected by this virus.

It is hitting blogging sites that use WordPress software particularly hard.

So eccie is not infected because, "the owners are not serious about security" as someone has alleged. This is just a very new, very potent virus. And like all viruses, given enough time to research, it will be destroyed and blocked.

As many of you have seen, Norton, and most antivirus companies already have developed counter-measures for the browser (us), now it's just a matter of protecting the server (eccie).

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women