Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > Coed Discussions - Houston
Coed Discussions - Houston Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70385
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47437
pyramider46370
bambino40286
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 04-20-2017, 07:53 PM   #1
River Song
Simply Extraordinary

User ID: 315773
My ECCIE Reviews
Question question about rent

Ladies and Gents,
I have a bit of a dilemma - the rent on my incall is going up 12%. This seems really steep. This is the first time I have ever rented anything so I really don't know if this is customary. (I purchased condo when I was 20, so I have never rented)
River Song is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:59 PM   #2
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

The ccmplex knows its a pain in the ass to move so bumping the rent up is normal. Of course if you posted taint photos ...
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:33 PM   #3
GlobeSpotter
Account Disabled

Encounters: 43

1 check your lease to see if there was a cap or constraint on increases....you should put that in your first go round

2 check the apt finder or agent or get a trick to call in and ask what the current move in special is and how many units are available.

the aot has nothing to gain to see your apt empty for even one month
GlobeSpotter is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:53 PM   #4
chicagoboy
Ribbed, For Her Pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
The ccmplex knows its a pain in the ass to move so bumping the rent up is normal. Of course if you posted taint photos ...
... for Rebecca.
chicagoboy is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:53 PM   #5
Brooke Wilde
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 4781
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

This happened to me in 2013 when my incall was in Midtown, they raised my rent by over $600 a month.
Brooke Wilde is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:26 PM   #6
worldbfree
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Just tell them the amount you will stay for, any higher you go.
worldbfree is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:23 PM   #7
cabletex7
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

It depends on what your original rent was. If you negotiated really hard and got way below market rates, they may just now be trying to catch up.

If not, then the 12% rent increase is surprising. Don't know about the downtown market but Midtown/Galleria is jam packed with new apartment buildings with more under construction. I don't know this firsthand but am hearing rumors of upto 3 months free rent with a year lease. So, if it's not that you got a really great deal to start off, I'd call their bluff. But be ready to move out.
cabletex7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:20 AM   #8
Alyssa71
Account Frozen

User ID: 347380
My ECCIE Reviews

Mine went down. I've never had an apartment that went up by that high though. That's pretty ridiculous, I'd chunk deuce.
Alyssa71 is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:17 AM   #9
Karlie Raines
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 169473
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

The management is usually willing to work with people in order to keep good tenants. Let them know that the rate increase is higher than average and see if they can lower it to X amount so that they can still take advantage of an increase.
Karlie Raines is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:47 AM   #10
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

User ID: 3552
Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Bear in mind that the real estate tax on rental property in some areas of Houston has risen by as much as 22% in the last couple of years, so yes, landlords are going to try and pass that on to their tenants.

I did a lot of research before obtaining my former incall apartment, first time I'd had to rent anything in a quarter of a century! (Went the way of Atlantis one year ago this month, underwater in the Tax Day Floods. ) I had it for 5 years. A yearly 5-10% increase was standard for all of the properties the management company oversaw in Houston, but I had negotiating power due to my consistency in prompt payment; I always resigned another year-long lease instead of a shorter interval: I wasn't a troublesome tenant and made a lot of minor repairs myself but promptly reported maintenance issues that needed immediate attention; and my place was always clean and well-kept. I also made it a point to get acquainted and be friendly with the management staff. My increases were minimal, but still unavoidable.

Apartment management relies heavily on the fact that it IS a huge pain in the behind to relocate, but they also value long-term reliable tenants. Have a sit-down with your local leasing agent and indicate you would like to stay for a significant period of time, and see if there isn't some wiggle room on that rent hike. A lot also depends on the popularity of the area you're in, the occupancy rate, and future development, so do some investigation of your complex and the neighborhood before your meeting.

Alas, I think the OP's geography is one of the up and coming Houston realty markets primed for increases.

Fancyinheels is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:11 AM   #11
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

Maybe they figured out your line of work.........ijs
dearhunter is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:18 AM   #12
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

User ID: 3552
Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearhunter View Post
Maybe they figured out your line of work.........ijs
They would have raised her rent a lot more than 12% -- and asked for taint photos.
Fancyinheels is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:25 AM   #13
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

Maybe 12% is the maximum they can raise her rent.
dearhunter is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:48 PM   #14
StopShort
Valued Poster

Most apartments are owned by corporations nowadays. They all do the same thing. They now go by "market rates" per square foot of space. So, an apartment may go for $900 per month in February when no one is really moving. That same apartment will go for $1050 or $1100 in June because of high demand. The summer is when school is out and a lot of families are moving around.

So, it won't help you now but it's best to move during "dead" times of the year. For now, you should go and try to negotiate since you're already living there and they would prefer to keep you rather than have to try and rent it again. The managers get bonuses for occupancy rates
StopShort is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:18 PM   #15
Brooke Wilde
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 4781
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I checked into a lot of this when this happened to me years ago.

In Houston there is no rent increase cap. They can raise it by whatever they want. It does not matter if you are a senior citizen or disabled.

There are no laws what-so-ever protecting the tenets, as long as the lease is up and they do not attempt to raise the rent during your lease. It's simply that rent is sky rocketing in this area.

I used to live in this gated community from 2012 to 2014. It's called McKinney Street Villas, all the patio homes are basically the same and rented for $1,500.00 - $1,700.00 a month. Now they are going for $2,000.00 +.

http://www.har.com/918-mckinney-park-ln/rent_94471877
Brooke Wilde is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women