Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 10-07-2011, 02:05 AM   #16
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem69horns View Post
Hospital Hotels are the new fad ... and while they effect Health Insurance costs to some degree, Insurance Fraud remains the biggest driver of costs ... as far as hospitals, depending on who you ask or what publication you read, 70-80% of the patients seen through the ER don't have Health Insurance so the hospitals have to make those losses up on the 20-30% that do have Health Insurance ... ever wonder why two 500mg of Tylenol cost $15.00 in a hospital but you can get 100ct of the 500mg at CVS for less than $10.00 ...

And best wishes for a speedy recovery!
How the hell to you figure that as "insurance fraud." Not having insurance is poverty or foolishness. Not fraud.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:27 AM   #17
Af-Freakin
BANNED

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
How the hell to you figure that as "insurance fraud." Not having insurance is poverty or foolishness. Not fraud.
exactly. no insurance, no medical care. greedy doctors.
Af-Freakin is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:34 AM   #18
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Yeah, greedy doctors. Imagine wanting to get paid after spending 8 years in school, paying outrageous malpractice insurance premiums, accumulating massive student loans, learning how to save lives, on call 24/7. Greedy bastards!
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:42 AM   #19
Af-Freakin
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Yeah, greedy doctors. Imagine wanting to get paid after spending 8 years in school, paying outrageous malpractice insurance premiums, accumulating massive student loans, learning how to save lives, on call 24/7. Greedy bastards!
doctors make much less money in the rest of the world. so ill say greedy american doctors. medical care shouldnt be capitalized. people need it or will die.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:44 AM   #20
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Well, I guess we should all let you decide how much anyone should make. I'll bet you would like to make more money than you do. Greedy bastard!
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:23 AM   #21
Af-Freakin
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Well, I guess we should all let you decide how much anyone should make. I'll bet you would like to make more money than you do. Greedy bastard!
more money just means more child support. i got it easy now, so im good.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:09 AM   #22
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Hospitals are finding that "room service" type food is cheaper, I'm told. Lots less food ends up being prepared and wasted. Plus, if quality is high, patients families and visitors eat while there and food become an source of income, not a cost center. doesn't seem to make much sense to me, but it's what I've heard.

And remember, we're the only place in the world where health care is a marketable commodity. There ate several choices for hospital services in big cities. Your choice is going to be governed by what you can see, what you hear from other patients, etc. So amenities are important for marketing purposes. Sometimes, even if they have to scrimp where it counts, which you don't see. For example, did you do research on the infection rates of your hospital? Can you tell us as much about that, or their rates of compliance with evidence based "best practices" as you can about their room service and the TV's? Everybody sees the decor. Very few do the Internet research on the health care stats

So, are you saying that the two star food in the restaurant is going to reimburse the hospital the cost of the building, the private rooms and the luxury items? If so, we’re all in the wrong business. We need to go into the mediocre food business post haste.

No people do not get to go where ever they want. Their choice is determined by their insurance carrier unless they want to pay for the it out of pocket. For those that can afford it, more power to them.

Perhaps their infection rate would go down and their profit margin would go up if they didn’t spend their money on luxury. TV’s, decent food, mechanical beds for the infirmed are all reasonable, but all out, splendor isn’t really needed. Especially when collective insurance that we all pay into is paying the healthcare provider for a flagship hospital and to increase the value of their asset.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #23
CPT Savajo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
Maybe I can just order the young hot nurse.
But they don't have my favorite drink on the menu, I'll have someone bring that for me. (50/50 gin/orange juice)
If you do have a hot nurse just keep pressing that buzzer that is wired into the nurses station! Keep her on her tip toes.
CPT Savajo is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #24
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Once Obamacare kicks in you'll be checking into Motel 6.

I do wish you well.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:36 PM   #25
gnadfly
Account Disabled

The "shovel ready" jobs kick in as soon as Obamacare does!
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:38 PM   #26
Sidewinder
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Af-Freakin View Post
exactly. no insurance, no medical care. greedy doctors.
Dude, you need to take a little field trip.

Walk into the waiting room of any hospital emergency room in the United States of America. Read the posters on the wall. They're generally printed in English and Spanish, take your pick, they say the same thing.

A couple of true stories. These are first-party recollections: I'm the guy they happened to.

Several years ago, in Dallas, at about 5 AM, I walked into the Medical City Dallas Hospital ER, in fairly acute status asthmaticus. I had just gotten in the door, and was leaning on the front desk. A nurse saw me, asked "Do you need to see a doctor?" "Yes." "Nature of the problem?" "Asthma." "Come with me."

She led me back into the main bay. Along the way to the closest available seat, she collected two other nurses and a respiratory therapist, and they all proceeded to get very busy on me.

EVERY WORD THEY SAID, EVERY QUESTION THEY ASKED, BORE DIRECTLY ON THE MEDICAL CONDITION. NOT ONE WORD WAS SAID ABOUT PAYMENT OR INSURANCE.

I was halfway through the second round of nebulizer breathing treatment before they got around to asking my name.

I've had similar things happen a few other times, at other hospitals, in other cities and states, when I was in really bad shape. The first focus has ALWAYS been on TREATMENT, and we'll worry about money later.
Sidewinder is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:46 PM   #27
Sidewinder
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post

No people do not get to go where ever they want. Their choice is determined by their insurance carrier unless they want to pay for the it out of pocket. For those that can afford it, more power to them.
I have had health insurance with several different carriers, over the course of many jobs. Every single one of them had, in black and white in the benefits handbook, words to the following effect: In an emergency, go to the nearest emergency room. It will be covered.

If it isn't an emergency, then they will expect you to go to one of their approved or preferred providers, and jump through the hoops. In an emergency, get to an ER, right now.
Sidewinder is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:54 PM   #28
Anita Lay
BANNED

User ID: 95934
My ECCIE Reviews

find a good looking nurse and keep dropping your newspaper on the floor so she can bend over and pick it up.
Act like you need help taking a shower because you are feeling dizzy and it's because you are nervous. wink wink
Anita Lay is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:56 PM   #29
hookem69horns
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

Quote:
I did not say anything about people not having insurance is considered fraud ... I said that insurance fraud is one of the biggest cost drivers in Health Insurance (premiums) costing so much ...

[QUOTE=Af-Freakin;1726000]exactly. no insurance, no medical care. greedy doctors.

Ok. When you are in the hospital fighting for your life, ask yourself if your attending surgeon is greedy, then ask him if he feels overpaid right before he saves your life ...
hookem69horns is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:28 AM   #30
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Hospitals are finding that "room service" type food is cheaper, I'm told. Lots less food ends up being prepared and wasted. Plus, if quality is high, patients families and visitors eat while there and food become an source of income, not a cost center. doesn't seem to make much sense to me, but it's what I've heard.

And remember, we're the only place in the world where health care is a marketable commodity. There ate several choices for hospital services in big cities. Your choice is going to be governed by what you can see, what you hear from other patients, etc. So amenities are important for marketing purposes. Sometimes, even if they have to scrimp where it counts, which you don't see. For example, did you do research on the infection rates of your hospital? Can you tell us as much about that, or their rates of compliance with evidence based "best practices" as you can about their room service and the TV's? Everybody sees the decor. Very few do the Internet research on the health care stats
Do you think the food would be different for the family (no salt diet, etc.)? I don't think they would send multiple meals to same room unless they color code trays or something to keep patient from getting wrong food. The short order grill at ADC is pretty good.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women