Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40279
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 11-20-2011, 10:18 PM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default The Cure for Unemployment

This will piss you off, but surprisingly, enforcing the law has positive effects. Who ever would have thought that?

http://standwitharizona.com/blog/201...llegal-aliens/

Good bye!
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:04 AM   #2
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Hmmm . . . Kinda dumps on your liberal ideology, eh?
Old 11-21-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Hmm, I only get "webpage not available". Was that what you wanted to show us?
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:44 AM   #4
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

It says: "Alabama Law Pays Off: Unemployment Down Sharply After Crackdown on Illegal Aliens"
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:58 AM   #5
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Cap unemployment insurance; and link it to work for pay program.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:03 AM   #6
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Gee, you guys are a bunch of freaking geniuses. Labor is a commodity like anything else and effected by supply and demand. Since the relaxaton of our borders in the last 75 years has had more to do with keeping labor costs down by allowing additional people into the country (who by the way will not show up in domestic labor stats) certainly it will decrease unemployment once they are no longer eligible to be hired. This is good, but in time it will also lead to an increase in labor costs and supply edges closer to demand. So, all of you free marketeers, let the market do its job and quit tampering with labor supply in order to game that end of the system. Unfortunately, most of you righties just can't bear paying the going rate for labor since you believe people who are not exactly like you are inferior. I guess you just aren't that into growing consumers.

Whirlygig, let's cap UE insurance and continue to penalize those who cannot find work. BTW, you guys' who continue to say "they can find work if they want to" are merely demonstrating a willful, continued ignorance of facts similar to your stance on global warming. Just keep on saying that the sky ain't blue during the day, I'm sure it will eventually come true. LOL, as a matter of fact, it will, once enough sh*t gets dumped into it.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:08 AM   #7
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

So you are opposed to enforcing the law. Hmmm . . .
Old 11-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #8
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

You might want to read it again.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:21 AM   #9
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy4Candy View Post
Gee, you guys are a bunch of freaking geniuses. Labor is a commodity like anything else and effected by supply and demand. Since the relaxaton of our borders in the last 75 years has had more to do with keeping labor costs down by allowing additional people into the country (who by the way will not show up in domestic labor stats) certainly it will decrease unemployment once they are no longer eligible to be hired. This is good, but in time it will also lead to an increase in labor costs and supply edges closer to demand. So, all of you free marketeers, let the market do its job and quit tampering with labor supply in order to game that end of the system. Unfortunately, most of you righties just can't bear paying the going rate for labor since you believe people who are not exactly like you are inferior. I guess you just aren't that into growing consumers.

Whirlygig, let's cap UE insurance and continue to penalize those who cannot find work. BTW, you guys' who continue to say "they can find work if they want to" are merely demonstrating a willful, continued ignorance of facts similar to your stance on global warming. Just keep on saying that the sky ain't blue during the day, I'm sure it will eventually come true. LOL, as a matter of fact, it will, once enough sh*t gets dumped into it.
Hmmm? Which option is less costly? Paying taxes to cover the welfare/unemployment stipends to an unemployed American worker to sit on his ass AND covering his/her and the foreign “undocumented” worker’s emergency healthcare AND covering their costs for educating and feeding their kids in public schools since they are not paying taxes (the American is unemployed and the illegal is often paid in cash) AND pay for the labor of an illegal, OR simply pay an American worker the market wage and let him contribute tax dollars to his neighborhood schools and pay for his own health care, etc., and remove the illegals and their families from the financial equation. Gosh Randy, can you imagine which one is actually cheaper?
Old 11-22-2011, 11:02 AM   #10
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Watch the ag business go tits up without the cheap labor .
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:18 AM   #11
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim008 View Post
Believe it or not, the U.S. government actually grants temporary work visas, H-2A Seasonal Agricultural Workers, to foreign workers.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:27 AM   #12
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 21422
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Hmmm? Which option is less costly? Paying taxes to cover the welfare/unemployment stipends to an unemployed American worker to sit on his ass AND covering his/her and the foreign “undocumented” worker’s emergency healthcare AND covering their costs for educating and feeding their kids in public schools since they are not paying taxes (the American is unemployed and the illegal is often paid in cash) AND pay for the labor of an illegal, OR simply pay an American worker the market wage and let him contribute tax dollars to his neighborhood schools and pay for his own health care, etc., and remove the illegals and their families from the financial equation. Gosh Randy, can you imagine which one is actually cheaper?

THIS!
London Rayne is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:55 AM   #13
Doc Holliday
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
OR simply pay an American worker the market wage and let him contribute tax dollars to his neighborhood schools and pay for his own health care, etc.
the jobs available to illegal immigrants typically do not offer health insurance and are at a rate, or at least attracts a group, that can not afford home ownership, so property and school taxes would not be paid. At least in a conservative, no income tax state like Texas which has, as you can imagine a large illegal work force.

Illegals do pay sales tax. But a lot of them also send a sizable portion of thier income back home. Which I believe the feds should take a cut from, like a tax on wire transfers out of country or something. There are issues with illegals I do have, some are unwilling to acclimate (but some of us don't want them to either). But from an economic standpoint, they are good for the nation. At least it's better than sending them home and the job they did to another, cheaper, country.

As for Alabama, they can do what they want, I'm all for state's rights.
Doc Holliday is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #14
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
the jobs available to illegal immigrants typically do not offer health insurance and are at a rate, or at least attracts a group, that can not afford home ownership, so property and school taxes would not be paid. At least in a conservative, no income tax state like Texas which has, as you can imagine a large illegal work force.

Illegals do pay sales tax. But a lot of them also send a sizable portion of thier income back home. Which I believe the feds should take a cut from, like a tax on wire transfers out of country or something. There are issues with illegals I do have, some are unwilling to acclimate (but some of us don't want them to either). But from an economic standpoint, they are good for the nation. At least it's better than sending them home and the job they did to another, cheaper, country.

As for Alabama, they can do what they want, I'm all for state's rights.
True. Agricultural jobs are subject to going overseas if labor becomes uncompetitive. Much produce today is already imported from Latin American countries. However, construction jobs cannot be shipped over seas, and many illegals are employed in that industry as carpenters, electricians, plumbers, roustabouts, etc. Those jobs should be filled by American labor - as any Union boss would argue.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #15
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim008 View Post
And your solution is to ignore the law? How much of the price of ag commodities are labor costs? I think you are so left that facts no longer matter.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women