Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 11-20-2011, 11:37 PM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default 14 Reasons Why We Need to Nationalize the Fed

As an alternative to outright closure, this might help.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...ederal-reserve

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:59 PM   #2
rockbass
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1

right wing paranoia

what we "need to do" is effectively regulate the fuck out of the banks'

and tax the top .5% like we did in the 1970's
rockbass is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:32 AM   #3
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbass View Post
right wing paranoia

what we "need to do" is effectively regulate the fuck out of the banks'

and tax the top .5% like we did in the 1970's

What, exactly, do you think the "The Fed" is?

As for the rest of your post, it reflects an equally well informed point of view. Thanks for joining my "ignore" list.

As for the subject of the thread, I think one Treasury department is enough, aside form a strict interpretation of the commerce clause the feral (intentional) government has no business in banking (and a long list of other things it's slimy tentacles are in).

Nostalgia for the hyper inflation, high unemployment, and general lunacy of government in the '70's has already led us to putting Jimmy Carter back in the White House. I doubt we can stand much more from the '70's (although the music was the best IMHO).
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:20 AM   #4
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
As an alternative to outright closure, this might help.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...ederal-reserve

This article speaks of "the Fed almost completely destroyed the value of the dollar".

I strongly disagree with that. 100% backed by facts.
The dollar is gaining value all over the board, and is considered one of the 2 safe haven currencies of the world. (Together with the Yen)
Even the Swiss Franc is losing against the dollar and of course Gold also.

The following currencies are strongly losing value against the dollar:
EUR, CAD, GBP, CHF, AUD and NZD and Gold. Only Yen keeps it up.
Gold is now $1690 per ounce, a few weeks ago it was $1930 per ounce.

And I'm not speaking of a few days gain.
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:29 AM   #5
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

You need to take off your rose colored glasses and green blinders. You are starting to pull out the strangest things from your ass.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:21 PM   #6
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
You need to take off your rose colored glasses and green blinders. You are starting to pull out the strangest things from your ass.
14 Reasons Why We Should Nationalize The Federal Reserve

One of the most important steps that we could take to bring prosperity back to America would be to nationalize the Federal Reserve. Doing so would allow the federal government to quit borrowing money, dramatically reduce taxes and eventually pay off the entire U.S. national debt. Instead of inheriting the largest debt in the history of the world, future generations would actually have a chance at economic prosperity because they would not be forced to pay off the horrific debt of previous generations. The Federal Reserve is a perpetual debt machine, it has almost completely destroyed the value of the U.S. dollar and it has an absolutely nightmarish track record of incompetence. There are no good reasons to keep the status quo. Our current debt-based monetary system will inevitably lead to a complete and total economic collapse. We desperately need to make a change while we still can. As you will see below, there are a ton of good reasons why we should nationalize the Federal Reserve.

SATISFIED?
Old 11-21-2011, 12:24 PM   #7
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Yes, Wave. I got that. I just think you're wrong. You never offer any proof, and you expect us to believe you because you trade currency, avoid hiring anyone, and are just as selfish as WalMart. Your word has no credibility. You just pull "facts" out of your ass and think they're true.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:49 PM   #8
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Yes, Wave. I got that. I just think you're wrong. You never offer any proof, and you expect us to believe you because you trade currency, avoid hiring anyone, and are just as selfish as WalMart. Your word has no credibility. You just pull "facts" out of your ass and think they're true.
He only sees the value of the dollar in terms of its value against other currencies; he is a gambler who seeks to manipulate and profit from the disparity between currency values. Were he to actually open his eyes and "go to" a Walmart, a Wholefoods, or an IGA, he would realize that a dollar today doesn't buy as much today as it did two years ago. And that is the substance of the article.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #9
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
He only sees the value of the dollar in terms of its value against other currencies; he is a gambler who seeks to manipulate and profit from the disparity between currency values. Were he to actually open his eyes and "go to" a Walmart, a Wholefoods, or an IGA, he would realize that a dollar today doesn't buy as much today as it did two years ago. And that is the substance of the article.

Yep, nothing like offering a "relative" answer when confronted with an absolute "fact".

How anyone can rationalize that setting the price tag on something (the interest rate) lower doesn't lower it's value, or that flooding the market with something (the money supply) doesn't lower it's value, is just amazing.

I sometimes take these guys off "ignore" to see what they say, but, so far, it's only re-affirmed the correctness of ignoring them.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:48 PM   #10
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
It's called inflation dumbfuck, and is necessary for economic growth.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #11
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
he is a gambler.
I wouldn't bet on that!
Old 11-21-2011, 05:11 PM   #12
waverunner234
Valued Poster

This is really funny to watch, but also sadly true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTUY1...ayer_embedded#!
Old 11-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #13
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
You're the "dumbfuck". The Fed instigated QE1 and QE2 - causing inflation and devaluing the dollar, you "dumbfuck". 2% to 5% annual inflation is considered healthy for an economy, more (or less) than that, by definition, is considered unhealthy - "dumbfuck". One study (not the BS pablum the government provides) puts "real" inflation at 11.12% - "dumbfuck".

http://advisorperspectives.com/dshor...n-1872-present

http://www.financial-topics.com/3707....cfm?x=b11,0,w
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #14
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Well, if inflation is good, then the hyperinflation that is coming will be FANTASTIC!

Old 11-21-2011, 09:28 PM   #15
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
Did you actually fucking post this? Inflation only benefits those who lend money, and the biggest lender of all is the Fed Reserve.

we've clashed before CuteoldGuy (Joe Paterno) and I B Hankering (Ron Paul and Iran) but not this time. The Fed is a long standing money fuck of America. I'd abolish it. Funny that Ron Paul has been railing against the Fed for over a decade and they called him a lunatic. Now, it's a main stream topic only because America is nearing complete economic collapse because in large part of the actions of the Fed that all the other candidates are "suddenly" on the Fed's case. To them it's a political buzzword, to Ron Paul it's a serious issue that is destroying America.

the concept of a "Central Bank" has been a controversial issue from the days of the founding fathers, who didn't want an American version of the Bank of England. For good reason.

The Fed has NEVER been audited, EVER. So how much are they really making? Who knows? No publicly traded company is allowed to submit an audit on their own, that's why by law they have to hire an outside auditor to do it. It's why we have accounting firms.

one of the reasons i lean toward the Libertarians these days is they oppose fiat currency, otherwise known as money without the backing of Gold or Silver standard. FDR started it when he took away the Gold standard and Tricky Dick Nixon finished it when he abolished the Silver Standard. Don't we have this big vault in Fort Knox? What's in it? If the price of Gold or Silver is so high would you not think that would give serious value to US currency? The Chinese have how much trillions in US debt? I lost count. What do you think the Chinese would do if we loaded up a C130 Herc with Gold and landed it in Beijing and said "Here you go, no more debt we owe you?" If they could get away with it they'd shoot it down over the South China Sea.

Woodrow Wilson, who enacted the current version of the Fed later said

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.
"
~ Woodrow Wilson

http://shadow.wordpress.com/2006/10/26/338/
Federal Reserve 1913 Wilson secured passage of the Federal Reserve Act in late 1913. Wilson had tried to find a middle ground between conservative Republicans led by Senator Nelson W. Aldrich and the powerful left wing of the Democratic party led by William Jennings Bryan, who opposed all banking schemes and strenuously denounced private banks and Wall Street. The latter group wanted a government-owned central bank that could print paper money as Congress required. The compromise, based on the Aldrich Plan but sponsored by Democratic Congressmen Carter Glass and Robert Owen, allowed the private banks to control the 12 regional Federal Reserve banks, but appeased the agrarians by placing controlling interest in the System in a central board appointed by the president with Senate approval. Moreover, Wilson convinced Bryan's supporters that because Federal Reserve notes were obligations of the government, the plan met their demands for an elastic currency. Having 12 regional banks was meant to weaken the influence of the powerful New York banks, a key demand of Bryan's allies in the South and West. This decentralization was a key factor in winning the support of Congressman Glass.[75] The final plan passed in December 1913. Some bankers felt it gave too much control to Washington, and some reformers felt it allowed bankers to maintain too much power. Several Congressmen claimed that New York bankers feigned their disapproval.[76]
Wilson named Paul Warburg and other prominent bankers to direct the new system. While power was supposed to be decentralized, the New York branch dominated the Fed as the "first among equals".[77] The new system began operations in 1915 and played a major role in financing the Allied and American war effort.[78] The strengthening of the Federal Reserve was later a major accomplishment of the New Deal.[79]

Banks LOVE wars. They make money from both sides. The losers need money to rebuild and the winners need money to win it.

So who do you think is cleaning up after GW Bush's "American Caesar" dealio?

FDR, almost universally hailed as a great President, was in fact essentially the worst. He ushered in Big Government in a failed attempt to bring America out of the Great Depression. The only thing that really brought America out of the Great Depression was World War II and only because we won, and America itself was not destroyed as was all of Europe and most of Asia, especially Japan, thus leaving America as the only viable economy in the world.

Not that i am a conspiracy theorist (Ok, I am somewhat) but it has been theorized that JFK was assassinated because he wanted to do away with the Fed Reserve.

Federal Reserve conspiracy

Jim Marrs, in his book Crossfire: The Plot That Killed Kennedy, speculated that the assassination of Kennedy might have been partially motivated by the issuance of Executive Order 11110.[55] The executive order, which was not officially repealed until the Ronald Reagan Administration, delegated to the Secretary of the Treasury the authority to authorize printing of additional silver certificates, up to a maximum limit previously set by Congress. Since the President himself already possessed the same authority, the order did not endanger the careers of anyone working at the Federal Reserve.[56]
This theory was further explored by U.S. Marine sniper and veteran police officer Craig Roberts in the 1994 book, Kill Zone.[57] Roberts theorized that the executive order was the beginning of a plan by Kennedy, whose ultimate goal was to permanently do away with the Federal Reserve, and that Kennedy was murdered by a cabal of international bankers determined to foil this plan.
Actor and author Richard Belzer has also discussed this theory. According to Belzer, the plot to kill Kennedy was a response to a postulated attempt by the President to shift power from the Federal Reserve to the U.S Treasury Department.

I am of course obliged to point out that Jim Marrs also thinks there is a vast Alien conspiracy too. and Richard Belzer isn't a very good actor. But those are topics for another day. Or not.

The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women