Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 07-14-2011, 09:43 AM   #1
rogerdodger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27
Default Looking for Louisiana divorce info.

as the title says ... want to get pointed in the right direction for information as i head down that road. not sure if and when i'm gonna get there, but i want to be prepared.
rogerdodger is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Is there a Southern - sister - cousin joke in here we aren't seeing?

Seriously though, you could try this: http://research.lawyers.com/Louisian...Louisiana.html
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdodger View Post
as the title says ... want to get pointed in the right direction for information as i head down that road. not sure if and when i'm gonna get there, but i want to be prepared.
Well first of all if you get divorced in Louisiana, your lawyer isn't gonna give two shits on how your marriage failed so don't bore him with the details. Louisiana happens to be a Code State when it comes to Divorce. In other words its all about the property. So think about what you have accumulated during the course of your marriage. Cars, Boats, your marriage domicile, Bank Accounts and debts and of course children. Even retirement accounts count as property. Think about all these things and the numbers 50/50. Now as far as Alimony, in Louisiana its possible. If your spouse can't work has a disability or her life style will be greatly altered you may have to pay alimony of course her lawyer would have to push for it. If she's healthy has a job she's on her own. Just a little comparison some states like California are case states you can present circumstances to the court which may change the outcome of the Divorce Decree, but not in Louisiana. The average divorce in Louisiana costs about 2500 bucks from start to finish. It can be more or less depending on how complicated your settlement is. This information is based on my experience when I went through my divorce. My wife and I had no kids together so our settlement was very easy for the Lawyers and everything went very amicable. Hope you don't ever have to go through a Divorce but if you must good luck to ya.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1
Default Top 10 raisons for dot divorce en Looziana

10. Da spouse never be da drunk or fight none.
9. Da spouse done run oft with da brodaire or da sistaire to care for dot chilt, doncha know.
8. Da spouse en da prison - boat dem.
7. Da spouse done kilt da family pet by dat gator rasslin.
6. Da husbound done go to da cathouse en Nwaleans en bring home dat crotchety rot, sure nuff.
5. Da woff done burnt down da doublewide fryin up dem Twinkies.
4. Da husbound en da woff done fount out dey brodaire and sistaire.
3. Da husbound stell refuse leave dat Supradome afta sex years cuz much nisaw den dem house.
2. Da woff done grawjuated from dot grade school so she be too orgueilleux for dot ole boy doncha know.
And the no. 1 raison for dot divorce en Looziana:
1. See dat boy he callst hemself Huey Long bot he be dot Huey Short.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!
ShysterJon is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #5
acp5762
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShysterJon View Post
10. Da spouse never be da drunk or fight none.
9. Da spouse done run oft with da brodaire or da sistaire to care for dot chilt, doncha know.
8. Da spouse en da prison - boat dem.
7. Da spouse done kilt da family pet by dat gator rasslin.
6. Da husbound done go to da cathouse en Nwaleans en bring home dat crotchety rot, sure nuff.
5. Da woff done burnt down da doublewide fryin up dem Twinkies.
4. Da husbound en da woff done fount out dey brodaire and sistaire.
3. Da husbound stell refuse leave dat Supradome afta sex years cuz much nisaw den dem house.
2. Da woff done grawjuated from dot grade school so she be too orgueilleux for dot ole boy doncha know.
And the no. 1 raison for dot divorce en Looziana:
1. See dat boy he callst hemself Huey Long bot he be dot Huey Short.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!
Oh funny, I wasn't born in Louisiana. I am originally from the state of Illinois. Since I've lived here I've noticed people seem to like to make fun of Louisiana. Well the culture here is like no other place in this country. The food can't be beat and the people are friendly. what more can you want.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:48 PM   #6
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp5762 View Post
Well the culture here is like no other place in this country. The food can't be beat and the people are friendly. what more can you want.
ShysterJon is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:50 PM   #7
Sami
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 9489
My ECCIE Reviews

Not making fun. They just have there own language, and the more they drink the more I can't understand them. But it's fun tryingHope it works out for you either way!
Sami is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #8
gswho
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5

The wife just filed. We are trying something called Collaborative Divorce where each party agrees on everything and minimizes the lawyers.
gswho is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:04 PM   #9
acp5762
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShysterJon View Post
Lol, Now thats my kind of party.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:09 PM   #10
acp5762
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami View Post
Not making fun. They just have there own language, and the more they drink the more I can't understand them. But it's fun tryingHope it works out for you either way!
Not everyone in Louisiana is Cajun, just like not everyone in Texas is Mexican.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:58 PM   #11
titlover1
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 8

I did the collaborative divorce In Mass, and can honestly say it was not bad, like it or not your both are not going to be happy with the settlement but........and you get out of paying exorborant fees to the attorneys...
titlover1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:20 PM   #12
Asian Ann
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 73998
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Oh funny, I wasn't born in Louisiana. I am originally from the state of Illinois. Since I've lived here I've noticed people seem to like to make fun of Louisiana. Well the culture here is like no other place in this country. The food can't be beat and the people are friendly. what more can you want.
That's right--the food is the best. Those Cajuns know how to cook!

Ann
Asian Ann is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:23 PM   #13
acp5762
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asian Ann View Post
That's right--the food is the best. Those Cajuns know how to cook!

Ann
I wasn't born here. But the food is great. I always thought Cajuns were nice people, even if they do have a funny accent.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #14
JazzmineRayne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 93976
My ECCIE Reviews

I have a lil Cajun accent. I can't help it, I have lived in the South all my life. But the food here is definitely the best! As far as Louisiana divorce.... I found out that there is no "filing for separation". You file divorce, and depending on if their are kids or the other contest is can be over in 6 mths or more. Either way it goes.... hope you will be happy.
JazzmineRayne is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:02 AM   #15
heidilynnla
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 9583
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Spoken like a pro....

Divorced or a lawyer? lol

Quote:
Well first of all if you get divorced in Louisiana, your lawyer isn't gonna give two shits on how your marriage failed so don't bore him with the details. Louisiana happens to be a Code State when it comes to Divorce. In other words its all about the property. So think about what you have accumulated during the course of your marriage. Cars, Boats, your marriage domicile, Bank Accounts and debts and of course children. Even retirement accounts count as property. Think about all these things and the numbers 50/50. Now as far as Alimony, in Louisiana its possible. If your spouse can't work has a disability or her life style will be greatly altered you may have to pay alimony of course her lawyer would have to push for it. If she's healthy has a job she's on her own. Just a little comparison some states like California are case states you can present circumstances to the court which may change the outcome of the Divorce Decree, but not in Louisiana. The average divorce in Louisiana costs about 2500 bucks from start to finish. It can be more or less depending on how complicated your settlement is. This information is based on my experience when I went through my divorce. My wife and I had no kids together so our settlement was very easy for the Lawyers and everything went very amicable. Hope you don't ever have to go through a Divorce but if you must good luck to ya.
heidilynnla is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women