Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70406
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59903
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47511
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35324
Mojojo33117

Old 12-20-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28
Default MYAN DOOMSDAY.......BALONEY !

Anybody a believer ?

I am not.

I am curious...what time of the day (and time zone) is "doomsday" event suppose to occur.

And does the prediction mean the end of earth; or does earth survive but it just wipes out animal and human populations ?
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:45 AM   #2
markroxny
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Something you and I agree on Whirly. Total and complete bullshit.

I hate hearing people actually getting scared over such nonsense.
markroxny is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:47 AM   #3
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Why would this end of the world prediction be any different than any other? No, I don't believe it.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:48 AM   #4
markroxny
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

No doomsday

Quote:
Many of the apocalyptic rumors surrounding Dec. 21 have focused on astronomical theories, such as a collision between Earth and an asteroid or a rogue planet. That's brought NASA into the fray. The agency has been working overtime to quash doomsday rumors, even maintaining its own debunking website.

Among the wilder theories is the idea that the magnetic poles of the planet will suddenly flip-flop, either destroying life on Earth or sending us back to the Stone Age. Not so, according to NASA. The North and South magnetic poles do gradually change and switch places, but the key word is "gradual." The process takes place over thousands of years and has happened many times without disrupting life on the planet.

Another theory holds that a rogue "Planet X" or "Nibiru" will swoop in from the outer solar system to collide with Earth. Fortunately, there is no Planet X. And if an object were set to hit the planet by tomorrow, you can bet it'd be visible in the sky by today.

The bottom line? In the words of Walter Witschey, a Mayan history expert and a professor at Longwood University in Virginia: "You'll get up the next morning and go forward, and the Maya cycles will have clicked over another day."
markroxny is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #5
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #6
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

In case they are right and we can't meet here for our disputes...Fuck you one and all..
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #7
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

I don't have a link, but someone told me that people were not paying their bills because of the belief the world ends on Friday. I don't want to believe that people are that stupid, but I have seen evidence on the Jerry Springer show.
KCJoe is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #8
Seedy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Cool

Just in case, I will be giving my favorite lady the high hard one, all mourning long.....lol
Seedy is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:32 AM   #9
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

What is the difference in this and you numbnuts who believe Jesus died for your fucking sins? Anybody?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #10
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

You fuckers are ALL wrong. They just ran out of space on the rock. That's all.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #11
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Anybody a believer ?

I am not.

I am curious...what time of the day (and time zone) is "doomsday" event suppose to occur.

And does the prediction mean the end of earth; or does earth survive but it just wipes out animal and human populations ?
Wow me and Whirly agree on something- if you are a true Christian you could not possible believe in the Maya Doomsday since the Bible says NO MAN knows the end of the world. However, had Romney won we would have been fucked as if the world was ending.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #12
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Even the Mayan Elders don't believe it's a doomsday. It's been a promotion to sell survival gear, that's all. The Mayans were expert astronomers, if the galactic plane is in alignment, then this would be the natural zero point. It's like the beginning of a new year.

No one with any sense thinks it's a doomsday. We're just starting the calendar over. Nothing more.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #13
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Even the Mayan Elders don't believe it's a doomsday. It's been a promotion to sell survival gear, that's all. The Mayans were expert astronomers, if the galactic plane is in alignment, then this would be the natural zero point. It's like the beginning of a new year.

No one with any sense thinks it's a doomsday. We're just starting the calendar over. Nothing more.
Come now, that won't sell many copies of the Enquierer! Clearly it must be the day the alians return after 20,000 years away. The pyramids will levitate out of the ground and become space ships. Don't you know anything!
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #14
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
Come now, that won't sell many copies of the Enquierer! Clearly it must be the day the alians return after 20,000 years away. The pyramids will levitate out of the ground and become space ships. Don't you know anything!
I've got that calendared for February. Did I miss a memo?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:40 PM   #15
YoHou
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

The thing people don't understand is their calendar ended on Dec 21 2012 in their timezone, which is fine, but it doesn't mean the world is going to end. Our calendar, the Gregorian calendar, ends on Dec 31 of every year. What do we do after our calendar is over? We make a new one for the new year cycle. That's exactly what the Mayans mean are suggesting, but some dumb ass conspirator spun that shit around and other idiots to it.
YoHou is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women