Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70406
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59903
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47511
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35324
Mojojo33117

Old 01-11-2014, 09:21 AM   #1
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Default Log In Problems/Frustrations

I've contacted and been contacted about my inability to log in the first try, and have been given all kinds of "excuses" or "reasons" .... please advise ... with all due respect ... I've never had this type of problem in the past on this board ... or any other websites .. it is unique to this board over the past six weeks to 2 months.

When I log in .. just now .. my posts are not visible to me .. and when I post something it is there, but when I change forums and come back it is not there (at least visible to me).

It requires me at least 2 log ins to see my screen name, and then when I switch forums I have to re log in at least 2 more times.

Then even though it shows me logged in, when I try to post sometimes I get a message that I need to log in to post on a forum .. etc., etc.

I'm not "paranoid," but it is EXTREMELY unusual that I don't see anyone having the same issues or at least they are not saying anything about it.

This thread will be sort of a test .. when I come back to the forum I will see if it is posted.

Then I will see how long it takes me to get a response.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:46 AM   #2
administrator
Administrator

User ID: 16
Encounters: 3

I see it. Do you?
administrator is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:08 PM   #3
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. C View Post
I see it. Do you?
When I went to the forum (Tech Questions) I didn't see the thread I started, BUT

When I had "Worldwide" open and Tech Questions was listed on the menu, I saw the thread name and that you had posted a response.

So I clicked on the thread name on the menu and got here. Had I not seen my thread name in the main menu list I would not have seen it ... because when I went into the Tech forum the latest thread I saw was dated 01/07/14 ...

Even though my log on shows I was on previously .. I don't see my posts when I return.

Ok, I didn't leave or change forums and I can see this post, which I am editing now. When I leave this forum I will return to see if it is visible to me.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:14 PM   #4
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Same thing,

I see the thread listed under "Last Post" column with my screenname under the thread topic.

But when I click on "Tech Questions" to go to the thread ... the thread is not visible.

Again had I not seen the thread listed under "Last Post" I would not have been able to get here.

I show I am logged in as indicated.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:37 PM   #5
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Same thing,

I see the thread listed under "Last Post" column with my screenname under the thread topic.

But when I click on "Tech Questions" to go to the thread ... the thread is not visible.

Again had I not seen the thread listed under "Last Post" I would not have been able to get here.

I show I am logged in as indicated.
Same thing again, before I logged out and returned to click on this thread from main menu.

If I go to Tech Questions to log in all my posts are not visible.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:21 PM   #6
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

I didn't think I was giving an "excuse" when I answered your websupport email, nor did you respond to it. So I'll ask again here publicly, are you clicking the "Remember Me" box at sign-in? Between that and clearing your browser cookies and history almost always clears up display issues like this.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:36 PM   #7
dreamvacationdates
Valued Poster

Make sure you don't have yourself setup to delete cookies when ever you change a page.
dreamvacationdates is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:52 PM   #8
lccl
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamvacationdates View Post
Make sure you don't have yourself setup to delete cookies when ever you change a page.
k
lccl is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:49 AM   #9
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
I didn't think I was giving an "excuse" when I answered your websupport email, nor did you respond to it. So I'll ask again here publicly, are you clicking the "Remember Me" box at sign-in? Between that and clearing your browser cookies and history almost always clears up display issues like this.
The "problems" with "Remember Me" are ....

1. it connects my IP address with the website and auto loads the screen name and password so anyone who sits down at my computer and just load the website and get on, then search for all of my posts by my screen name ... someone like an SO, etc.;

2. because I have to "protect" websites that I MUST visit for work related activities, I HAVE to keep my computer configured to clear the reserved log on information when I LEAVE THE WEBSITE ... that is created when I log on. FYI: On those sites (all of them) I can move about the site onto varying screens available through their menu and NEVER have to continuously RELOG IN.

3. When I log off the website (Eccie) it deletes my cookies, but when I return my screen name, password, and "time of last log in (which is usually wrong .. as in an earlier time) is automatically populated. That has been unique to Eccie for a month or so now... as opposed to probably 10-15 other websites for which I have screen names and passwords related to work.

My concern is .. if there is a problem associated with this particular computer with this particular IP address, then I need to know. Because if I have some other "issues" with this computer, then I need to explore those issues and address them in some fashion. The "problem" is that I ONLY have those "issues" on this website, and there is some indication when I log on that a screen shot is being taken of the website as I log on.

CC ... I'm not being a smart ass with you or dismissing your suggestions. I'm trying to find what the fuck is going on ... because this is a new wrinkle. And if someone is "monitoring" my computer than it is not good for anyone on here.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:39 AM   #10
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

It has to be a setting either on your computer or profile here. I am not getting inundated with complaints from any other members on this. Are you using a bookmarked URL to get to Eccie, those occasionally end up wrong. But its most likely a cookie issue, as that is what "holds the log on" and the time as well, clicking remember me always clears it up for others.

Why can't you clear your browser cookies and history when leaving the website, and before going to other sites? Or try using a different browser altogether, Chrome/Firefox/etc. Have you tried a few test logins using a different computer (or phone even) to see if the problem duplicates there? You say its unique to Eccie and only for the last month or so...what changed a month ago? New computer/new update/new browser?

I was kidding too....I'd like to know whats going on as well, for you and for future complaints on this topic. I can't think of anything else beyond a couple similar complaints when folks are using Windows8 but I never heard any resolution on those. I have no idea the environment your computer is working in so I can't comment to the screenshot. Is it a networked computer, and/or a work computer that could be monitored by an IT Dept? Did you piss off someone at NSA? LOL!

But in the end, we are not getting these type complaints from others...which leads me to believe it is coming from your side there.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #11
fluffy kitten
BANNED

I use an iPhone 4S with safari browser, and occasionally I get a glitch where I post, then my post doesn't show up, it's in the forums latest post colum, but not in the thread. Then later when someone else post, it appears. Also I will see someone else has posted, but when I go to read, it's not there. Then once again when another post is added it appears.
fluffy kitten is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:52 PM   #12
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
It has to be a setting either on your computer or profile here.

Is it a networked computer, No ... (local network, but hard wired and been for years)

and/or a work computer that could be monitored by an IT Dept? No

Did you piss off someone at NSA? I'll ask (After asking Eccie Mods, they are next.)

...which leads me to believe it is coming from your side there. I'm used to that ...
I'll try the "other computer" idea and see if it makes any difference. And report back to you.

As for "my settings" ....

............ I have no clue why "my settings" work EVERYWHERE ELSE, but Eccie!

I "learned" long time ago that computers make "consistent" errors and "big" errors.

That is what they were "designed" to do ... Repetitively process large data batches.

.. and that is not ....... "large date bitches" either!
Old 01-15-2014, 05:54 PM   #13
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy kitten View Post
I use an iPhone 4S with safari browser, and occasionally I get a glitch where I post, then my post doesn't show up, it's in the forums latest post colum, but not in the thread. Then later when someone else post, it appears. Also I will see someone else has posted, but when I go to read, it's not there. Then once again when another post is added it appears.

Sounds like my "illness" ... Did you piss off the NSA?
Old 01-15-2014, 07:01 PM   #14
fluffy kitten
BANNED

Always piss off the NSA, CIA, DEA, FBI, and apparently Eccie servers.
fluffy kitten is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:58 AM   #15
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy kitten View Post
.... and apparently Eccie servers.
That would be "MODS" to you!

CC ... another computer of mine .. log on and "moving about" is fine ...... so far!

I wrote and I just did:

"I'll try the "other computer" idea and see if it makes any difference. And report back to you."

It will take the "NSA" some time to connect this IP to Eccie for monitoring!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women