Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160460
Yssup Rider59887
gman4452912
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47496
pyramider46370
bambino40304
CryptKicker37077
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35292
Mojojo33117

Old 09-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28
Default FACT CHECK: OBAMA LIED ABOUT AFGHANISTAN; GLOSSED OVER WORSENING SITUATION

Last night President Obama lied to Americans during his acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention about the situation in Afghanistan, which sources tell Red Alert Politics has gotten worse under his leadership, not better.

“We’ve blunted the Taliban’s momentum in Afghanistan, and in 2014, our longest war will be over,” Obama said.

But as a former top-ranking intelligence figure who served in both Democratic and Republican administrations told me recently, the Obama administration always puts it PR agenda first and policy second. Politics is always paramount in this administration’s foreign policy calculations, and Afghanistan has not been any exception.

The President’s blatant lie about Afghanistan serves as case in point because the administration has primarily been concerned with ending American involvement in the war in Afghanistan rather than reducing violence as happened in Iraq or being concerned about the long-term consequences of its policies.

A closer look reveals that the situation in Afghanistan has grown even more violent since Obama took office and some 2,122 young men and women, mostly under the age of 30, have been killed there since January 2009 – more than two-thirds of the total who have died in the 11-year war.

In 2008 before Obama came into office there were 295 coalition deaths compared with 324 fatalities in the first eight months of 2012 alone. Not only that, civilian casualties have also increased.

“It’s false to say that we have blunted the Taliban’s momentum when you look at the numbers that the administration is using to make the case,” said Bill Roggio of the Long War Journal. “They tell the exact opposite if we look at the level of violence.

“The Taliban leadership is still intact. Its propaganda abilities are still intact. You can’t argue that the Taliban’s momentum has been broken.”

Not only that, the Taliban’s leadership remains immune from attack hiding out in Pakistan’s major cities under Pakistani protection.

Roggio blames politics at the highest levels for this situation, which he sees tied to the failure of the troop surge – one Obama half-heartedly implemented.

“[A] full surge in the east, which the military recommended, never took place, as President Obama quickly drew down American forces,” Roggio wrote in a posting on his website earlier this week. “Far fewer resources were devoted to the southeastern and eastern provinces of Afghanistan. Consequently, the UN has documented a spike in civilian casualties of 34 percent in those provinces.”

To make matters worse there are certain areas of Afghanistan under Taliban control that are so violent that they have been labeled off-limits to American forces, let alone Afghan government troops.

“I don’t think the administration ever had an intention to see the surge through and listen to the generals,” Roggio said. “They wanted to surge and get out.”

And the administration’s weakened resolve could be behind the increase in the number of attacks by Afghan government troops against American and other coalition forces since the surge began in 2011.

In Iraq where the surge worked, it was accompanied by a gradual stabilization and decrease in overall violence.

He predicts Afghanistan will descend into total chaos when American troops are withdrawn in 2014, just as it did in the 1990s after the end of American involvement in the war against the Soviets.

http://redalertpolitics.com/2012/09/...worsening-war/
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:07 PM   #2
CJ7
Valued Poster

fact check?

IB are you going to tell whirlie what you think about fact check?

lmao
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

IB is very well informed on military matters...............I look forward to his response CJ......I am thinking IB will agree with RedAlertPolitics.

This will be another Obama mess that Romney will have to clean up.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #4
CJ7
Valued Poster

like I said whirlie ... an opinion inst a fact

but in this case Id have to agree afghanistan is a shithole that is worse now than it was earlier ... IMO it has alot to do with our not being in Iraq (so to speak) any longer ... and wont get any better until we are not in afghanistan any longer either .. I have no idea why the right is so dead set (literally) on winning the war in afghanistan and the left is so dead set kissing the rights ass over the deal ..

its done, its over, fuck the third world sob's and fuck the camels they rode in on ... left, right, center, under, over, sideways, down ... get the fuck out of the god damn mid east and stay out. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

PERIOD.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #5
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
IB is very well informed on military matters...............I look forward to his response CJ......I am thinking IB will agree with RedAlertPolitics.

This will be another Obama mess that Romney will have to clean up.

IB was a company clerk had lots of time to look shit up...
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #6
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim008 View Post
IB was a company clerk had lots of time to look shit up...
Ekim the Inbred, once again you are wrong. BTW, how was your stint in the military as a latrine orderly, Ekim the Inbred?

And, how many times have you laid your tricycle down and bumped your head on the pavement when you weren't wearing a helmet?

To the OP -- reports are that the Taliban is reasserting itself: it's not defeated.

I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #7
CJ7
Valued Poster

the first reports were Bush left Afghanistan when he had the taliban's ass against the wall or we wouldnt be where we are today ...

speaking of reports
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #8
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

That isn't what Obama said; to reiterate Obama's lie from last night :

“We’ve blunted the Taliban’s momentum in Afghanistan, and in 2014, our longest war will be over,”
Old 09-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #9
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
That isn't what Obama said; to reiterate Obama's lie from last night :

“We’ve blunted the Taliban’s momentum in Afghanistan, and in 2014, our longest war will be over,”

I said I agree with that ,,, are you totally ignorant or starved for attention?
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #10
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

See, this is the deal with statistics. First of all, Obama has drawn us down in Iraq. Not on Day One of his presidency like he said he would, but rather on Day One of campaign season thousands and thousands of lives later and trillions of dollars more I might add. But, he has moved Iraq to an end, and he's moved the troops to Afghanistan. Granted, I'm not a military buff, but I believe I read that it was 50,000 more troops were moved into Afghanistan, and the previously ignored war effort was intensified. THAT will lead to more deaths.

Now, that said, yes, he's lieing about saying the Taliban are blunted. They are still active. And more importantly they are hiding until his Line in the Sand date to reemerge. There's a lesson here somewhere....................M aybe it is to not tell the enemy when we're leaving and to ignore the spin.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #11
CJ7
Valued Poster

snick
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #12
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Ekim the Inbred, once again you are wrong. BTW, how was your stint in the military as a latrine orderly, Ekim the Inbred?

And, how many times have you laid your tricycle down and bumped your head on the pavement when you weren't wearing a helmet?

To the OP -- reports are that the Taliban is reasserting itself: it's not defeated.

Wrong again as you usually are,but if I struck a nerve I'll let it slide.the captain needs his shoes shined,and you are good at sucking up...
Old 09-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #13
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim008 View Post
Wrong again as you usually are,but if I struck a nerve I'll let it slide.the captain needs his shoes shined,and you are good at sucking up...
Ekim the Inbred, how many times have you laid your tricycle down and bumped your head on the pavement when you weren't wearing a helmet?
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #14
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Ekim the Inbred, how many times have you laid your tricycle down and bumped your head on the pavement when you weren't wearing a helmet?

About as many times as you sat on the captain's knee when you took a letter.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #15
herfacechair
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
the first reports were Bush left Afghanistan when he had the taliban's ass against the wall or we wouldnt be where we are today ...

speaking of reports
Osama Bin Laden's trail went cold at the end of 2002, according to the SF that was going after him. Even if we had the entire US military in Afghanistan at that time, we woudldn't have caught him. Going into Iraq, given the asymmetric threat they posed against us, made perfect sense.

While we're at it, here's an article where a guy talks about many of the things I've argued since coming back from OIF I... destroying the myths surrounding the "War on Terrorism":

http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.c...laden-edition/
herfacechair is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women