Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40277
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 09-28-2011, 05:14 PM   #16
TexasT
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Boltfan,

This was the big CNN/ORC poll released earlier this week, that showed Perry still leading the field of GOP candidates. However, in head-to-head against Obama, Romney is the closest among all voters polled (registered and non-registered), with Paul and Perry fairing slightly worse.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...omney-cnn-poll

A link to the PDF of the entire poll results is included in that story.
TexasT is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:49 PM   #17
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Thank you for the post.

I think it is the same situation though as WE, statisticly he is in a dead heat with Romney when polling registered voters. For all respondants, it shows Obama does have a statisticly relevant lead.

Unfortunately no data is available for the poll referenced by WE (unless you are a premium member of their website). All we have to go by is that the article states Romney and Obama are "essentially tied". It does not show data between all respondants and only registered voters.

While I wish for the good of the country Obama would move to the center and work with Congress for the good of the country as did Clinton, I don't see that happening.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:55 PM   #18
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

It'd what Whirlway didn't point on in that very poll- and I literally just watched CNN talked about this very issue is that Obama in one on one matchup gainst any of the GOP candidates he still leads in those battleground states.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:36 PM   #19
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

I was surprised when I read your post as I would usually hear about a bad Greenberg poll a day or two before it would be released publicly. (And if it were bad enough, quite frankly, it wouldn't be released.) This poll is five days old and you badly misrepresent it's import and it's findings.

I don't have time to summarize either all of the poll's findings or all of your misrepresentations. I would simply urge those who are interested to read the superficial executive summary (it's only 9 pages) of the poll for themselves:

http://www.greenbergresearch.com/art...groundMemo.pdf

But to hit the high spots, the districts polled were all Republican TeaNut held districts. And despite this fact, there are many encouraging signs in the polling on Congressional races that are read to be encouraging for potential Democratic challengers. Most encouraging is no the horse-race numbers, but the push questions. The messaging that would be used by a Democratic challenger was very sucessful in moving the horse-race/reelect numbers, which were already fairly low.

And Carville has no association with the Greenberg firm other than being a admirer and friend of Stan. Carville is a co-founder, along with Greenberg, of Democracy Corps, a Democratic non-profit, that uses Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research for it's pollin. Democracy Corps apparently paid for this particular poll.

I would caution you that to really understand the findings of a poll, you've got to really digest the cross-tabs. I have downloaded these and will look at them over the next couple of days if I have time. But they are 406 pages worth of them and I have other things to do tonight. But even the top level product from the poll shows that you have made gross misrepresentations.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:34 PM   #20
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

It sounds like Gov Chris Christie is ready to jump in according the liberal NBC nightly news
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:08 PM   #21
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
It'd what Whirlway didn't point on in that very poll- and I literally just watched CNN talked about this very issue is that Obama in one on one matchup gainst any of the GOP candidates he still leads in those battleground states.
Now this statement makes alot of sense.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:46 PM   #22
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Drunk posting?

Quote:
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:57 PM   #23
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Polls are no longer being used to reflect opinion, they are used to manipulate opinion. I'll bet you can find polls to support anything.

As long as we are locked in to the Democrat-Republican system, it doesn't matter anyway.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:11 PM   #24
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

TTH: Your right about one thing; the Greenberg poll shows that the Democratic attack against Republicans with medi-scare is working........so we can expect to see more "Republicans are throwing Granny off the cliff" non-sense.

The Democrats will lie, cheat and steal to win in 2012; We have already seen several prominent Democrats call for suspension of elections and other democratic prinicpals so they can maintain power. The Democrats are truly a corrupt bunch of cronies.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:01 PM   #25
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
TTH: Your right about one thing; the Greenberg poll shows that the Democratic attack against Republicans with medi-scare is working........so we can expect to see more "Republicans are throwing Granny off the cliff" non-sense.

The Democrats will lie, cheat and steal to win in 2012; We have already seen several prominent Democrats call for suspension of elections and other democratic prinicpals so they can maintain power. The Democrats are truly a corrupt bunch of cronies.
Yep and the Republicans are just honest God fearing men/women who will never take a bribe- never sell out to lobbyist- that are all just good wholesome people.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:44 PM   #26
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Republicans will sell out to lobbyist, and other such things....they aren't much better than Obama........that is why I am neither Republican or Democrat. I don't believe in big government solutions........

Only a fool thinks one political party is superior over the other !

It isn't about "the Party" it is about poltical philosphy and ideas of governance; The Constitution !

Quote:
Yep and the Republicans are just honest God fearing men/women who will never take a bribe- never sell out to lobbyist- that are all just good wholesome people.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:11 PM   #27
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:

You say they will lie, cheat, and steal.
You must be able to prove what you've said.
Or are you lying just like you say they do?

Several prominent democrats have called for suspension of elections?
Who?
Where?
Why?
What other democratic principals?

Is asking for links too much?
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:07 PM   #28
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Republicans will sell out to lobbyist, and other such things....they aren't much better than Obama........that is why I am neither Republican or Democrat. I don't believe in big government solutions........

Only a fool thinks one political party is superior over the other !

It isn't about "the Party" it is about poltical philosphy and ideas of governance; The Constitution !

We agree on one thing. The statement in red.

The "party name" is a reference for the political philosophy and ideas of governance or just a name for all the different planks in a party's platform. All 3 major parties (Lib. Rep. Dem.) have planks I agree with. All 3 have planks I don't agree with. Last I heard they all believe in and honor the Constitution. I know lots of people make claims that one party or another does things against the Constitution but that doesn't make any difference. Their claims are just opinions until we hear from the ref. We have a referee to settle any disputes (SCOTUS).
I know lots of people associated with all 3 parties and lots of independents. None of them are liars or cheats or thieves. None receive any welfare type entitlements. They work hard, have families and most are well informed. The ones who vote and will discuss who they voted for, can all give some credible reasons for voting the way they did.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:07 PM   #29
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Just watch them. Lying, cheating and stealing are just a few of things Democrats have in common with Republicans.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:13 PM   #30
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Munch, baby. You seem to think that the Democrat and Republican platforms are real. Both parties are in bed with Wall Street and the international corporations. The political philosophies they espouse are smokescreens to hide their real intent, which is to spread as much wealth to their rich friends as possible, and throw a small part of it to the public to keep us dependent. If you think either party, or even the SCOTUS gives a damn about the Constitution, you are delusional.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women