Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Member Suggestions and Forum Requests
Member Suggestions and Forum Requests This site is being designed around our membership. Please share your feedback and give suggestions. Use this section to request new forums or changes/updates as well. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160204
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452834
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47408
pyramider46370
bambino40262
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 02-20-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
ANONONE
BANNED

Encounters: 76
Default Token Economy?

There was another board I was once the memebr of that had a token economy going that worked pretty well for a number of things.

Essentially, gents (and ladies if they were so inclined) could support the board by making donations to get initial "income." For instance, for every five dollars you donate, you get ten "board bucks." These really had no value, but came in handy for threads that had contests for fun and the "board bucks" could be charged as entry and awarded as prizes. You could give them to ladies and they could use them in part to purchase premium ads or banners, at a rate of 4 to 1, so that the majority of the money still went to supporting board operations. Basically they worked as coupons.

You were awarded "dollars" for longer, meaningful posts by other members.

There were all sorts of applications for them. I am not sure if there is a template for this type of token economy on your board software, or if it would be a nightmare, but it might be something to spice things up a bit if it can be done easily.
ANONONE is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:44 PM   #2
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Not that I would be against this idea--sounds interesting--but I think it would require too much attention on the part of the Mods (or others) to maintain. And could give rise to disputes that take up a lot of useless energy.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:08 PM   #3
ANONONE
BANNED

Good point. . .
Old 02-21-2010, 07:00 PM   #4
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Question Imaginary Money

I've heard of this "imaginary money" used on different sites, but is the jury still on the value of that system?

What do you with imaginary money except buy imaginary products or services?

What's the attraction?

Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
ANONONE
BANNED

You could do football and basketball pools. Gentlemen had wagers. Since ladies could use them towards paying for banner ads and such they did have some value. Some providers even had "board buck" specials. There are a number of ways they would come in handy.

Really they are like electronic poker chips. . .

The best reason, is they would generate revenue for the board to offset costs, because gents would buy them to use on the board.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:24 PM   #6
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Question Supply & Demand

We still have the old "Supply & Demand" law of the system that require that these two forces be in balance, but it must not be easy or else the government would be doing it by now? Agreed?

Who would be entrusted to keep the accounting for this system? Is Arthur Anderson still around to answer that question?
Old 02-21-2010, 08:29 PM   #7
ANONONE
BANNED

It apparently works not much different than your status, post count, and reviews. It was listed right under your avatar along with a clickable button to send or buy board bucks.

I was only on that board for a few months, but folks more familiar with it might be able to chime in.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:44 PM   #8
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Question New Gagets

I'm all for new gadgets.

How does it work?
Old 02-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #9
ANONONE
BANNED

We need smarter people than me, and folks that were on that board longer and know how to set it up in the software can chime in if they know how this is done. It was the board that shares a name with a type of auto racing.