Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40281
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 04-22-2010, 06:10 AM   #151
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default So I support half the Tea-Party folks. Fuc the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
The people who are involved in this “movement” are not looking for a tax cut.
I'm not missing their point PJ. But these cats want smaller government but do not want any cuts to the part of government that they are looking forward to. Medicare being one. Plus almost half support Sara and her contradictory view of less government yet they want the government to promote traditional values. WTF?

http://www.twincities.com/politics/ci_14913710?source=rss

The results, however, suggest a distinct fault line that runs through the tea party activist base, characterized by two wings led by the politicians who ranked highest when respondents were asked who "best exemplifies the goals of the tea party movement" — former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, a former GOP presidential candidate
Palin, who topped the list with 15 percent, speaks for the 43 percent of those polled expressing the distinctly conservative view that government does too much, while also saying that it needs to promote traditional values.

Paul's thinking is reflected by an almost identical 42 percent who said government does too much but should not try to promote any particular set of values — the hallmarks of libertarians. He came in second to Palin with 12 percent

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you now see why I think anything with Sara Palin is tainted, bogus bullshit.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:25 AM   #152
John Bull
Valued Poster

You're both wrong from my experience. Sarah shot herself in the foot by endorsing McCain in his Senate race when there was a candidate acceptable to the Tea Party folks running against him.
WTF, it wouldn't make any difference if Medicare were cut as part of a general downsizing of govt because most Tea Partiers have private insurance backups, I would imagine. Also most cuts would be done with a grandfather clause, probably. And if not, so what!
If you were to choose one thing that is a hallmark of the Movement, it would be the desire to return to the Constitution, whereever that takes us. Second, but right up there in importance, is to get the corruption out of government.
I think you both could meet and agree on those two items.

Tell you what! Attend a few meetings or Tea Party's and then form an opinion. Don't just take your views from what's printed in the newspaper or put on TV. Even Fox gets it wrong about half the time.
John Bull is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:48 AM   #153
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post

If you were to choose one thing that is a hallmark of the Movement, it would be the desire to return to the Constitution,

Just what does that mean? State Rights? The left wanted that arguement on Gore v Bush. The right on this healthcare bill. So what they want is politics to go as they want when they want it. Sounds like politics as usual to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post

Tell you what! Attend a few meetings or Tea Party's and then form an opinion. .
I have been and was less than impressed.

I asked if they wanted NASA's budget cut and of course they did not. They at least have to good sense to realize that Sara is a political novice. At least half of them do. I am with the Ron Paul half.....the other half ain't got the sense to pour piss out a boot, instructions on the heel.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:00 AM   #154
John Bull
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Just what does that mean? State Rights? The left wanted that arguement on Gore v Bush. The right on this healthcare bill. So what they want is politics to go as they want when they want it. Sounds like politics as usual to me.

Geez WTF! "A return to the Constitution" is pretty self-explanatory.

I have been and was less than impressed.

I asked if they wanted NASA's budget cut and of course they did not. They at least have to good sense to realize that Sara is a political novice. At least half of them do. I am with the Ron Paul half.....the other half ain't got the sense to pour piss out a boot, instructions on the heel.
Ron Paul is a bigger draw than Palin, IMHO. I saw him and Andrew Napolitano together in my home town and they had a tremendous crowd in a rock palace across the street from the campus of a major university. Many students in the crowd.
You're in Houston, I presume and self-interest would prevent many of your folks from wanting a NASA cut. I would rather keep and even expand the NASA budget than TARP, Stimulus 1,2,3... But that's another issue well down the liine from eliminating the corruption and getting back to the Founders principles.
John Bull is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:04 AM   #155
ANONONE
BANNED

Encounters: 76

Quote:
. . .But these cats want smaller government but do not want any cuts to the part of government that they are looking forward to.
Not sure what all this Tea Party talk has to do with "the inner psychological lives of us in this community" and whether or not "prostitution is a victimless, consensual activity," but since we are on the topic I think WTF may be more correct than even he wants to be.

At least the self-serving members of the Tea Party are being honest to their roots with regards to the name of their groundswell movement.

Look, folks like to get misty-eyed and patriotic when they talk about the constitution and our founding fathers, but the reality is they were a bunch of self-interested businessmen trying to avoid taxes, plain and simple.

Take a step back and look at the big picture. The American Revolution was spurned by good old greed and avarice. See the French and Indian War was actually quite expensive. When King George began to levy taxes to pay the bill for protecting the lives and private property of the colonists through taxes (which by the way make our current tax bill seem less than paying the babysitter) that they did not want to pay.

Tea Party advocates are not hypocrites, they are following the American Tradition of trying to get as much out of the government as possible and then trying to ignore the bill when it comes by claiming it isn't fair.
ANONONE is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:01 AM   #156
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2
Default Things that make you go...Hmmmm

The thought did occur to me as I signed on here today, that a thread that started with the subject of "Introspective discussion"...and posts within it by WTF...seemd a bit incongruous to me.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:20 AM   #157
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
[By JB] Geez WTF! "A return to the Constitution" is pretty self-explanatory
First of all, JB, this is not true. Every person interprets "A return to the Constitution" a little (or a lot) differently.

For instance, NRAers would emphasize the Second Amendment, and everything would revolve around that part of the Constitution.

I'm pretty much a liberal, so I would emphasize the the Bill of Rights.

Conservatives, I assume, would emphasize the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution.

Of course, if you want to emphasize the Constitution itself, you should marginalize all the "afterthoughts" that are in the Amendments to the Constitution, and rely on the pillars of Articles I, II and III.

BTW, I prefer the tenets of the Coffee Party to the Tea Party. I also drink Coffee much more than Tea.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:33 AM   #158
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
the other half ain't got the sense to pour piss out a boot, instructions on the heel.
That's probably a higher % than the population in general. What's your bitch?
Old 04-22-2010, 10:53 AM   #159
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

The Barone article linked by P.J. makes a number of excellent points. Metastasization of the entitlement culture is a huge problem. We'll all be paying a terrible price for it soon enough. Politicians are eager to write checks they can't even dream of cashing.

On a related note, here's a good piece on California's out-of-control problem:

http://city-journal.org/2010/20_2_ca...ia-unions.html

This cartoon is a pretty good avatar for California's crisis:

Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:08 AM   #160
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post
...seemd a bit incongruous to me.

incongruous??.......Who you looking to impress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Metastasization of the entitlement culture is a huge problem.

Maybe we can change our government to some oligarchy

Geez WTF! "A return to the Constitution" is pretty self-explanatory.

Not really JB. Should we go back 200 years? Is that what they are talking about?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:37 AM   #161
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
incongruous??.......Who you looking to impress?
Admittedly, I did have to look up the spelling.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:15 PM   #162
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Quit using those big words on me! Makes me look stupid and you look mean :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post
Admittedly, I did have to look up the spelling.
Good thing, or I wouldn't been able to google the definition.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:02 PM   #163
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

You two are a matched set.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:11 PM   #164
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
You two are a matched set.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dumb-and-dumber1.jpg (60.3 KB, 48 views)
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:45 PM   #165
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Is WTF in the orange suit?
pjorourke is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women