Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40277
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 05-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
Vivienne Rey
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 23639
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Fearing's in Dallas

Has anyone been there? I'm thinking of going there with a gentleman friend. The menu looks fabulous!
Vivienne Rey is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:37 PM   #2
Egrbvr
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37
Default Fearings

Oh yeah! You won't be disappointed.
Egrbvr is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

Looks like a great restaurant. Enjoy yourself!

Evidently I was kept in the dark about this place. Yea, I'm pointing fingers and they know who they are.
Ansley is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:33 PM   #4
Spaulding Smails
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Very good. Plus, hip and fun. Only criticism is that most entrees, appetizers, the fresh breads, awesome desserts, etc. make for quite a heavy meal. Hard to eat light there. Plenty of carbs and fried offerings. You can eat new southwestern much lighter at Stephan Pyles with as good of quality or higher. But, the new Ritz is much more of a hotspot for the see and be scene crowd.
Spaulding Smails is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:51 PM   #5
Carrie Hillcrest
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 167
My ECCIE Reviews

Yes, yes yes yes! Amazing food, very helpful service, and the first time my date and I went, Dean Fearing himself came out to check that everything was to our liking. I may or may not have a chef crush on him, so how impressed you personally are with that may vary.

Be careful about your timing, though -- it's PACKED when there's a function hosted at the RC.
Carrie Hillcrest is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:15 PM   #6
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansley View Post
Looks like a great restaurant. Enjoy yourself!

Evidently I was kept in the dark about this place. Yea, I'm pointing fingers and they know who they are.
Shame on them lol
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:31 PM   #7
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Very good food. I think it's better than Stephen Pyle's and take issue that you can't eat light, not that I'm very much for eating light. But there is usually a tuna tartare appetizer that you could pair with a fish entre that seem pretty light by my standards. Wine list is fair to good, albeit a tad pricey. Dean is usually there, though not always in the kitchen full time. But probably a third of the time he will drop by the table and check on your dinner. Of the three dining rooms, I much prefer the main dining room with the kitchen in it. It's certainly worth trying. Don't plan on having a drink before dinner unless you come on a very dull weeknight. The bar is a mad house and should be separated from the restaurant.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:23 AM   #8
Vivienne Rey
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 23639
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks for the input. Looks like it's Fearing's tomorrow night. I can hardly wait. I'm always on the look out for new dining experiences, so I'm sure I'll be posting again for suggestions.
Vivienne Rey is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:15 AM   #9
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

A visit to Fearing's is a fine experience. I agree with everything Carrie Hillcrest and TexTushHog said.

For Dallas visitors who may not know this, Dean Fearing was for many years the creative force behind the famous Mansion on Turtle Creek restaurant.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:30 AM   #10
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

I guess it takes all kinds of places.

I never was much of a fan of The Mansion food. Too artsy fartsy and less substance. But Fearing's does have a bit better "real food" substance, even though "presentation" is still an important aspect.

Fearing does come around most of the time...which is a nice touch. I disagree with the "bar scene" aspect. While it is fairly full, unless you're some kind of wallflower, it is no problem getting libations. But don't just stop at the bar, there is an outside area "bar" also, that is quite scenic.

These kind of places can sometimes be intimidating to a lot of women because there is a lot of eye candy walking around. But hey, this is Dallas, Texas and that's just a part of the package. Cost is a bit pricey, but if you're going there, you're not really worrying about a little change falling off the table. A Jackson to the valet (as you arrive) will keep your car up close, so you don't have to wait long to leave...and even without reservations, a Franklin to the matre' d will get you a table in pretty short order except on the worst of nights.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:46 PM   #11
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Just goes to show that we all like different things. My experiences are the opposite of Rudyard K. I think the restaurant is excellent and the bar scene is a zoo. I don't doubt that you can get a drink, but it's so loud and crowded, who would want to drink there.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:35 AM   #12
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
who would want to drink there.
How strange!? I'm guess the answer is "all those people there". It is "all those people there" who make up the crowd that you complaining about.

But I keep forgetting. Most of us live in Texas. And you have already expressed that you can't wait to get away from us and move to France. So, I guess it just makes sense that you don't want to bump elbows with us in the bar.

Ok, I'll agree with you TTH. My new recomendation is...All the folks that don't like to be around us Texas folks need to stay in the restaurant, and slip out after you're done. But if you happen to enjoy us...Welcome, Come on in!!.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:41 AM   #13
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Yogi Berra on why he no longer went to Ruggeri's, a St. Louis restaurant: "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:22 PM   #14
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

I thought it was, "Nobody goes there any more, the line is too long."
Old 05-14-2010, 03:09 PM   #15
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Not per google