Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59850
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 05-15-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
Guest0812112
Account Disabled

User ID: 17143
My ECCIE Reviews
Default HONOR is it dead or on vaction

After much thought on where to post this, I have chosen this forum due to the thought that goes into so many of the replys. Of course some of those replys are so far out there Scotty couldn't beam you back. Having the opporutinity to be around an older group of guys, none of which would ever be likely to land a job that required any diplomacy,but never the less I overheard remarks such as if old so and so tells you a horse is going to lay an egg, then you might as well go outside and start building a nest. These men are the type that there word is there bond, a hand shake more binding to them than a written contract. An appointment is something you show up for five minutes early not five seconds late, makes no difference that you ran out of gas, there was a traffic jam or whatever you should of left sooner and took problems in to account. I know its hard to believe there are still a few folks out there whose word means something to them, but I swear I saw five or six this past week, they seem to be a little ragged around the edges and some of the comments that come out of their mouths even though the truth, are embarrasing. They still run to carry a package for a lady or open the door. My question is what happened in the world to change all this ?? Was it war, or did Obama cancel it. What brought about the decline of the decent and honorable parts of our existance
Guest0812112 is offline   Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
HOOK'EM
Gaining Momentum

Hi Chelsea,

Honor's not dead, but it sure is refreshing to see such a young and beautiful woman has the ability to know it when she sees it. You've just gone way up on my wish list.
HOOK'EM
HOOK'EM is offline   Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:46 PM   #3
DreamWeaver69
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 6
Default Agree....great thread

Where I grew up, million dollar land deals were done on the shake of a hand. Your word was the only thing you had and if you lost it, you would never get it back.

I believe it has declined over time as, in my opinion, we've become a very selfish society where it is all about me. Somewhere along the line, it became almost insulting to have any manners whatsoever--to both men and women. Many people are offended when you say things like "Ma' am" or "Sir". I can't tell how often I've held a door open for a woman and never even got a "thank you". Simple politeness to one another has been lost as well. Regardless, I still try my hardest to be polite, and honor my word.

It's probably the one thing that Obama hasn't affected---oh, was that my outside voice?

I agree with HOOK'EM, that it is refreshing to hear a young beautiful woman who appreciates honor.
DreamWeaver69 is offline   Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #4
Premiere Fantasies
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 26794

Chivalry takes another nail in the coffin everytime "PC" takes a step forward...
Premiere Fantasies is offline   Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:59 PM   #5
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

I think the reasons are varied. FWIW IMO it long pre-dates Obama.

Just a few to get the conversation going.

Instant gratification has become much more entrenched in our culture; an immediate need for things ultimately helps politeness take a back seat.

The way the pendulum swung in terms of the fight for equal opportunity for women. When I was growing up opportunities for women simply were not generally the same as for men (ie Title IX - argue it was good or bad eleswhere - had not even been on the horizon). The agitiation to change that was IMO spot on, but it got more complicated when it crossed into the interaction between men and women. Certainly in college days I sometimes got the response "don't you think I can do it for myself" when I went ahead of a date to open the door for her. Damned if you do damned if you don't.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:07 PM   #6
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default My weenie

would love to honor breasts
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:37 AM   #7
MonkeysUncle
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post

Just a few to get the conversation going.

Instant gratification has become much more entrenched in our culture; an immediate need for things ultimately helps politeness take a back seat.

The way the pendulum swung in terms of the fight for equal opportunity for women. When I was growing up opportunities for women simply were not generally the same as for men (ie Title IX - argue it was good or bad eleswhere - had not even been on the horizon). The agitiation to change that was IMO spot on, but it got more complicated when it crossed into the interaction between men and women. Certainly in college days I sometimes got the response "don't you think I can do it for myself" when I went ahead of a date to open the door for her. Damned if you do damned if you don't.
That is definitely how things were 5 to 10 years ago. What I see in my own experiences and interaction daily with women is that they wanted to be treated like a princess in everyday life, but they also want to be taken seriously when it comes to their ideas, believes, and opinions. I think we are moving toward a balanced attitude by women. I believe the biggest change is going to have to be made by men. I care for women and enjoy treating them like they are princesses, but everyday I see men who bump women and don't apologize or treat them like idiots. I hope this changes in the coming years, sadly I believe it will take the male population a while to change their ways.

I promise there are many men out there, which I am sure you have met a few, that will treat you like you are the only woman in the world. In my group of friends and people that I do business with, contracts are only used as a legality. In my mind a person's word is binding, and people keep their word because they believe it is the right thing to do. Well anyways hope that post wasn't too long
MonkeysUncle is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:06 AM   #8
runswithscissors
Account Disabled

Encounters: 21

We have indeed turned into a nation of instant gratification and honor has taken a backseat. We must have instant e-mail, instant phone access; we walk and talk and have ear buds in to keep the world out.

It may be a generational thing. I was born and raised a Southern Gentleman, as a young man, I travelled the world with my father, watched as he closed international deals with a handshake and a smile. In my chosen profession, I too travel the world and my handshake is well known as my word of honor.

I get strange looks from women sometimes; stepping aside to allow a lady to enter or exit an elevator first; opening doors to buildings; most give me a suprised yet appreciative look.

Most telling to me; I was at a corporate dinner one evening, and a female executive at my table rose to excuse herself. I and one other gentleman rose also. The strange looks we received from others shocked me. I glanced around the table; two individuals were texting under the table, almost everyone had a phone sitting next to their right hand as though the world would end at any moment if it was not there.

Honor is not dead; as you say it may be on vacation; one would hope that maybe we just need a refresher course; to pause in our day to look up at people and nod and smile instead of looking down at our blackberries with our ear buds in.
runswithscissors is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:05 AM   #9
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default your post stimulated me

for some psycholgical reason Chelsea, your post turned me on tremendously
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:44 AM   #10
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

Yes Chelsea,

Time for a road trip?
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:27 AM   #11
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckmaster222 View Post
Where I grew up, million dollar land deals were done on the shake of a hand.
Oh, i'm guessing there were contracts signed too.

Quote:
Somewhere along the line, it became almost insulting to have any manners whatsoever--to both men and women. Many people are offended when you say things like "Ma' am" or "Sir".
Really? Insulting to have manners? Where? I'm 44 years old, and never once have i witnessed anyone seeming offended at the term "Sir" or "Ma'am". Or appearing insulted if someone showed some manners.

Quote:
I can't tell how often I've held a door open for a woman and never even got a "thank you".
Again, maybe it's Oklahoma, but in New York i don't seem to have that problem. Oh sure, maybe at times other people will be in such a hurry, or have other things on their minds to where i don't get a thank you. But in a good 9 times out of 10, both the girls and the guys say thank you to me when i hold the door. And i say thank you when the door is held for me.

Quote:
I agree with HOOK'EM, that it is refreshing to hear a young beautiful woman who appreciates honor.
Then you understood her post better than i did, i guess. With it's vague nature, my assumption was simply that she was upset that a few guys showed up late for an appointment with her.....oh, and she wondered if it was all Obama's fault.

You're going to find both honorable people and dishonorable people no matter where you go and no matter when you go there. The dynamics might shift over time regarding ratios and percentages, but i really don't think we've gone from a society where you could take out a $2million loan on a handshake to where you can't. Because i don't think we were ever there.

I will make more of an effort, however, to spot the people who are insulted when i hold the door for them.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:59 AM   #12
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

Honor and more importantly respect for others regardless of gender is how one should handle it. As mentioned before it has nothing to do with politics. We as a society are hurdling to the future and in the process manners have been neglected. Would an older more mature and experienced gentleman hold the door, bring flowers, in other ways honor a lady's presence? You betcha (that's my MO). Flowers are a fast track way to a woman's heart, whether it is the wife, co-worker, or a delightful courtesan.

As to lateness, some folks just can't do it (show up on time). Decades ago, a musician friend was always late to practice (it was a bar band, but whatever). It got to the point the other players would say practice was at 5:30. They wouldn't show up until 6:30 cause they knew he wouldn't be on time. It was amazing he would get to the gigs on time. Over the years he got a college degree, went into corporate life (which has no patience for tardiness) and still plays gigs.
Guest083011 is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:13 AM   #13
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
Must be GWB's fault.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:15 AM   #14
Wwanderer
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Must be GWB's fault.
Tautology.

-Ww
Wwanderer is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:47 AM   #15
Guest0812112
Account Disabled

User ID: 17143
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Must be GWB's fault.
Senior or Junior or both maybe even a little florida Bush mixed in?
Guest0812112 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women