Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70390
biomed160338
Yssup Rider59857
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47442
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35189
Mojojo33117

Old 10-30-2020, 11:12 AM   #31
GastonGlock
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by beelzebubba View Post
Well your life is definitely not precious... so why not just get to dying already?
Because I'm having fun?

Accepting that entropy is the only great cosmic truth, that it's a zero-sum game and that death is simply inevitable doesn't mean I can't go out and enjoy myself.

Because of that, I try to minimize people in my life that are trying to ruin my good time, and I in turn try not ruin other people's good time.

Sometimes though, some people's idea of a good time is ruining my or others' good time, so some conflict is inevitable.
GastonGlock is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:15 AM   #32
beelzebubba
BANNED

Where is it you’re having fun?
The rest of us would like to know too.
Are you that easily amused, just send GG to the corner with a ball of yarn.
The rest of us like to go out and do stuff, that isn’t possible because the selfish morons.

About the only fun thing open in Htown is the gun ranges because they are separated.
But that’s limited to ammo availability.
Because of the selfish morons.
beelzebubba is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:19 AM   #33
Strokey_McDingDong
Account Frozen

Quote:
Not explaining again it in another thread.
6 weeks
Summary: if the virus runs its course while in lockdown, it’s gone if you don’t let travel bring it back in.
Those that will die... die, but our economy doesn’t suffer after it rebuilds.

Minimal steps not a long walk thru the years.
And what happens if the virus doesn't disappear after this extended and indefinite lockdown period? Did "The Science" ever claim a lockdown would kill off the virus?
Strokey_McDingDong is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:22 AM   #34
GastonGlock
Valued Poster

Quote:
The rest of us like to go out and do stuff, that isn’t possible because the selfish morons.
Who says you can't go out and do stuff?

I went to a bar with a couple buds and had some beers last night. I'm making cookies for my neighbors tomorrow for Halloween since I won't be home. I'll be at a Halloween BBQ tomorrow night. Sunday is Gunday, so I'll be at the range and then grabbing brunch with the gal I'm bringing with me to the party tomorrow night.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:24 AM   #35
GastonGlock
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong View Post
And what happens if the virus doesn't disappear after this extended and indefinite lockdown period? Did "The Science" ever claim a lockdown would kill off the virus?
Nah, they're still acting like it's the biblical passover. People will lock down for 6 weeks, cases will drop to near nothing because everyone's locked inside, and then it will explode back up 2 weeks after we reopen.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:25 AM   #36
beelzebubba
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong View Post
Common sense tells you if people cannot spread it, it goes away.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:27 AM   #37
beelzebubba
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GastonGlock View Post
Nah, they're still acting like it's the biblical passover. People will lock down for 6 weeks, cases will drop to near nothing because everyone's locked inside, and then it will explode back up 2 weeks after we reopen.
Only if the administration is dumb enough to allow international travel, and doesn’t keep N and S borders secure.
You’re right it will spread as long as Chump is in charge and selfish dumbfucks keep being themselves.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:28 AM   #38
GastonGlock
Valued Poster

Quote:
It really doesn't. Viruses aren't alive. It will continue to simply exist and people will continue to get infected with it until we develop enough of a natural immune response that it becomes a proper nothingburger except to those with bad immune systems. It's literally how everything else works.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:29 AM   #39
GastonGlock
Valued Poster

Quote:
Only if the administration is dumb enough to allow international travel, and doesn’t keep N and S borders secure.
Shut the borders! Over the virus! That's racist! I can't believe you'd say such a bigoted thing!
Old 10-30-2020, 11:30 AM   #40
beelzebubba
BANNED

Quote:
Who says you can't go out and do stuff?

I went to a bar with a couple buds and had some beers last night. I'm making cookies for my neighbors tomorrow for Halloween since I won't be home. I'll be at a Halloween BBQ tomorrow night. Sunday is Gunday, so I'll be at the range and then grabbing brunch with the gal I'm bringing with me to the party tomorrow night.
My fun does not include being a home body making cookies.
I like going to concerts, sporting events, traveling.
But hey those cookies sound super interesting.
Bet I could do that for the next 25 years.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:32 AM   #41
beelzebubba
BANNED

Quote:
Shut the borders! Over the virus! That's racist! I can't believe you'd say such a bigoted thing!
It’s not racist... American security
It’s not their country or their right.
Oh yeah another thing Trump fails at.
Never said keep the Canadians and Mexicans the fuck out.

As your such a non bigoted person, where do you travel to?
Oh yeah no counties will let you in because Trump’s failure handling this on the world stage.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:34 AM   #42
GastonGlock
Valued Poster

Quote:
My fun does not include being a home body making cookies.
I like going to concerts, sporting events, traveling.
But hey those cookies sound super interesting.
Bet I could do that for the next 25 years.
A large busy bar on St. Paddy's is about my upper limit for a crowd. Never really been big on live concerts and sporting events.

Could definitely go for some more travelling though.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:36 AM   #43
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter View Post
The politico's can't do shit except use it as to throw down on each other, which they do.
There's only two choices:
Keep everyone home and destroy the economy, or try to do the balance things (masks and partially open).

IMO, everyone should have masks handy and except for being with your housing group of folks, if within 10 feet of others, be the bandito.

Testing doesn't do anything except confirm if someone has it. And btw, testing places are totally buried with folks with common colds thus a total waste of resources.

It's up to the lab geeks to come up with a medical solution.
And btw, any and all of the immunization vaccines in development, will be of limited use as the antibody fall off rate is now well documented. Thus, we're currently looking booster shots every 6 months regardless of which vaccine hits the mass market first.
The British lab folks have a good handle on the antibody issue, and even their "oxford" developing vaccine (being tested in the Kansas City area) has that limitation.

Last a reminder of the other nasty things still around that they lab geeks have not been able to eradicate:

Typhoid Fever - This is the disease that the "carrier" "typhoid Mary" resulted in court cases where in she ended up in isolation. It's variations of laws enacted since then and other court cases that have resulted in today's laws actively in use for the current Covid.

Tuberculosis (since ancient times), well know cases are Edgar Allen Poe and Eleanor Roosevelt.

Scarlet fever
Malaria
Mumps
Aids
Measles
Rabies (since ancient ages, in 2010 Indonesia had 130 people die)

There's more but I need to get a coffee, my point being that some of these the lab geeks have been working on for more than a century and they can't kill off the bugs
Good post. Let's hope that either immunity is long lasting or something along the lines of 6 month booster shots will work.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:39 AM   #44
Strokey_McDingDong
Account Frozen

Quote:
LOL. So you're basically making shit up. "The Science" never claimed locking down would make it go away. "The Science" is still not sure how tf it spreads. It could remain as droplets in the air that you just breathe in when no one is around. Nobody fucking knows.

A total and complete lockdown is not even possible, as essential workers are necessary and people still need to get food. So, you won't be able to achieve the kind of retarded lockdown you're conceiving of.
Strokey_McDingDong is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:39 AM   #45
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adav8s28 View Post
+1

With 220,000 deaths on 20% of the USA population being infected so far, the survival rate is not 99.98%. If 70% of the USA population gets infected you will have over a 1 million deaths. To reach HERD immunity without a vaccine a too many people would end up dying.
According to the CDC's latest best guess, the infection fatality rate is 0.65% and survival rate is 99.35%. And that indeed is a fur piece from 99.98%. As you know it depends a lot on age and pre-existing conditions.
Tiny is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women