Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70404
biomed160475
Yssup Rider59902
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47509
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35317
Mojojo33117

Old 08-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default So you're walking down the street and see someone abusing an animal ...

Alright. You're walking down a rather quiet street and you see a person or people (a child or adult) pestering an animal that is tied down or just being cruel to another living creature in general. What would you do?

I have a reason for asking that I will explain in due time.

Elisabeth
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:37 AM   #2
sabre692
Gaining Momentum

I would get the closest item that can be used as a weapon; sneak over and hit that person right in the kneecaps and shatter them. While that person is writhing in pain, I will look at him/her blankly and let them realize they will never be able to walk again.

I am a lover and not a fighter. I never even raised my hand to anyone in my entire life. But when a person like that treats an animal that way (other than food purposes, but give it a quick and painless death), then they are souless creatures that are capable of hurting people without remorse. Treating animals like that just triggers something in me that I have to protect.
sabre692 is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:36 AM   #3
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

Being the not so imposing figure (not a waife but you get the idea). Depending on whats happening I'd try to intercede if nothing else just to stop it. Dropping a dime to 911 would be in there too. Let the guys deal with the dirt ball (could be male or female). Sadly it does happen more often than it ever should and more than likely the person abuses others, not just pets.

It sounds like an idea contribution to the ABC swill of a TV show "What Would You Do." http://abcnews.go.com/WhatWouldYouDo/
Guest083011 is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:15 AM   #4
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR Only View Post
It sounds like an idea contribution to the ABC swill of a TV show "Waht Would You Do." http://abcnews.go.com/WhatWouldYouDo/
I like that show. Very interesting and thought provoking.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:27 AM   #5
Guest052115-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 13

This is easy. I would pull my cell out of my pocket and call the police. Most jurisdictions have animal cruelty laws on the books. Let the people who are trained for these situations deal with that nut job. I would stay till the cops came to make sure the animal wouldn't have its life threatened.
Guest052115-1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:46 AM   #6
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre692 View Post
I would get the closest item that can be used as a weapon; sneak over and hit that person right in the kneecaps and shatter them. While that person is writhing in pain, I will look at him/her blankly and let them realize they will never be able to walk again.

I am a lover and not a fighter. I never even raised my hand to anyone in my entire life. But when a person like that treats an animal that way (other than food purposes, but give it a quick and painless death), then they are souless creatures that are capable of hurting people without remorse. Treating animals like that just triggers something in me that I have to protect.
Alright. I'll bite with this one. I understand what you're saying. Somewhat.

I was having a heart to heart with my son the other night and he was worried that he might get caught or in trouble for what he did. He saw two kids throwing sticks at a dog tied up and teasing it. He said that the dog was whimpering and they were also throwing things like rocks and the sort.

He and a friend were walking down the street, no one was around and he saw this happening in an alley between two houses. This was a relatively nice neighborhood, not that it matters.

My son snuck around the house, his friend watched, and took a few rocks and threw it hard and hit one of the kids in the head. My son is very tall and lanky. He probably doesn't look like a young teenager if he's going after someone younger. Supposedly, the kids were younger. The boys yelled back and my son took after them, cursing and throwing stuff at them and telling them to leave the dog alone. The boys took off in a hard run.

Alright. This is a boy thing, I guess. I didn't like it and was torn. First, I was proud of my son for wishing to protect something that couldn't protect itself. He's protective of others and I've seen it before.

This is a weird place to get advice in this manner but I am NOT asking advice. I have a bit of the vigilante in my myself, which is where this is going.

And what point to the collective "we" have to take action against obvious acts of cruelty? I would have probably called the police. Because why? I'm not strong anymore. And I sure can't run fast.

But at a younger age, I might have done something similar or gone after someone being deliberately cruel. Either way, I would have been very bothered by it.

We could substitute a woman being pestered or pawed while others watched and she was visibly upset. Or someone being berated in the workplace unfairly while others step back and watch.

Degrees, of course.

Just curious about the thoughts of others. Do what extent do you take action of an obvious injustice? At this point, there was nothing to do but listen to my son explain himself. And the fact that he said when someone is being mean to someone else, he wants to hit them and it pisses him off.

Kindof hard to met out a punishment for one who wants justice and only wishes to be protective of others. As far as my thoughts on if that was happening, if it was an adult (and I knew where he lived), I'd call animal control. If it was children, I'd handle it myself. I'm a pushover and fairly weak but I look foreboding. I can scare the crap out of someone if they don't know me.

Elisabeth
Old 08-03-2010, 08:54 AM   #7
Katy Alexander
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 6173

I know that the first instinct is to react with violence.Unfortunately that will usually do no good because even if you can scare that person, or child in the moment the animal that is being abused, or another later on will end up paying for it .

I would attempt to reason with the person if they are an adult.If it is a child I would talk to the parents, and let them handle it. Staying calm, and appealing to their sense of right, and wrong is probably your only hope.

If the animal belongs to the abuser, and you know that they are beyond reason you may want to consider attempting to buy the pet from them, and either foster it, or place it in one of the rescue groups/no kill shelters until a permanent home is found.Calling the police does little good because animals are just considered property in most states.

Edward comes with an abusive past.It breaks my heart to know that someone had once abused him.They never forget, and they never get over it.

Edit to add....Elisabeth I just read your last post, you have a very sweet son.I think he handled it in the best way that a child could.
Katy Alexander is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:54 AM   #8
LazurusLong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47

1. Get the cell phone out and take video.

2. turn off video.

3. Call 9-1-1 and tell them some people are abusing a dog and give address but that they've just seen you taking the video and now they are threatening you and throwing things at you and you need to defend yourself. Even if you don't have a handgun, mention the word gun for faster response.

4. Hang up and beat the living piss out of the abusers and when the police arrive, tell them the kids tried to take your cell phone because you took video and tried to hurt you and you were simply defending yourself.

5. Show the cops the video of them abusing the dog.
LazurusLong is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:16 AM   #9
anova444
Account Disabled

User ID: 24793
My ECCIE Reviews

Good answers LLong. The person who tied the animal up should be turned in. Keeping an animal on a rope is wrong. If you don't want to allow a pet in the house or build a fence for it, you shouldn't have it in the first place.
anova444 is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:48 AM   #10
Katy Alexander
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 6173

Quote:
Originally Posted by anova444 View Post
Good answers LLong. The person who tied the animal up should be turned in. Keeping an animal on a rope is wrong. If you don't want to allow a pet in the house or build a fence for it, you shouldn't have it in the first place.
Yes, I was thinking the same thing.The only time it is OK to leave a dog tied up is when you still have full view of the dog, and situation.Otherwise they are a target.
Katy Alexander is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:57 AM   #11
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazurusLong View Post
1. Get the cell phone out and take video.

2. turn off video.

3. Call 9-1-1 and tell them some people are abusing a dog and give address but that they've just seen you taking the video and now they are threatening you and throwing things at you and you need to defend yourself. Even if you don't have a handgun, mention the word gun for faster response.

4. Hang up and beat the living piss out of the abusers and when the police arrive, tell them the kids tried to take your cell phone because you took video and tried to hurt you and you were simply defending yourself.

5. Show the cops the video of them abusing the dog.
It's the number 4 that I'm not too sure about although that does sound like the type of vigilante justice that I'm often for. It's just that two wrongs probably don't make a right ... and Jesus, I just sounded like my mother just now.

BTW, I'm looking for a blond and very virile man. Any of those out there reading this? If so, please PM me.

Elisabeth
Old 08-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #12
Nitwitboy
Valued Poster

I totally agree with you. My Grandmother toldme once to avoid people who could not treat animals well, as they probably treat people bad as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anova444 View Post
Nitwitboy is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #13
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

I calmly walked over to my neighbor’s house, knocked on the door and told them if they didn’t want the dog, I’d take home or I could call the police. They took me to the back yard and I walked my sweet new dog home. They didn’t even remember his name. Bastards! I don’t walk my dog down that street ever.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #14
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
They took me to the back yard and I walked my sweet new dog home.
When will you have your puppy in your avatar? The Tiara is optional but we know it DOES look good on a certain "husky" type here. As they say, photos, we want photos!
Guest083011 is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:52 PM   #15
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR Only View Post
When will you have your puppy in your avatar? The Tiara is optional but we know it DOES look good on a certain "husky" type here. As they say, photos, we want photos!
He's shy - lol, but very loveable. BTW, they had mistreated him so badly, that my free baby cost $1,400 in vet bills 10 years ago. They left him tied up so long, his hips had fallen out of whack, he had every work known to man and his heart was damaged by the heart worms. He is the dog of a lifetime though.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women