Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160454
Yssup Rider59884
gman4452910
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47495
pyramider46370
bambino40302
CryptKicker37077
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35292
Mojojo33117

Old 03-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7
Default Government's just not quite big enough for ya?

Then vote Republican.

Doove is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

What a load. Tell the whole truth Doove. Nixon-Ford had to fight the Vietnam war and their administration covered eight years.

Carter cut the military budget so far that ships and equipment could no longer deploy and Carter was in only four years.

Reagan was forced to rebuild from the Carter years. Read that again, forced to rebuild.

Now the only really good comparison is that Bush I didn't have to rebuild a military but he did fight a way. He spent less per capital.

Clinton came along and cut the military budget again. He sent the military to Bosnia and other far parts but he failed to stop OBL when he had the chance.

Bush II had to deal with OBL and rebuilding the military again to fight a war in the middle east.

Obama did not have to build up the military again because of Bush II and the hard work had been done in Iraq.

If you going to cut and paste this stuff, why not tell the whole story.

R
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
If you going to cut and paste this stuff, why not tell the whole story.

R
Big government is big government. Period.

Your defense of your version of big government pretty much tells us everything we need to know about where you stand on "big government".
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Sometimes NECESSARY government looks like big government and defense is a necessary constitutional assignment.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #5
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Bush II had to fight a war in the middle east.
Let me correct you if you don't mind.

Bush II did not have to fight a war in the middle east.

Bush II WANTED to fight a war in the middle east!
(for which there was no money, only a black hole of shortage of money created by the same Bush II via tax cuts.)
And he did not mind killing 10's of thousands of innocent people in order to reach his own goal, but who cares about that?)

I don't think very high of education quality in the US but a 12 year old kid can do the math that if you increase spending while you decrease revenue that cannot lead to a good result.
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #6
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Sometimes NECESSARY government looks like big government and defense is a necessary constitutional assignment.
Could be true. But what about OFFENSE?

Did Iraq attack us? NO!
Did Afghanistan attack us? NO!
Old 03-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #7
oglfp12
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
Let me correct you if you don't mind.

I don't think very high of education quality in the US but a 12 year old kid can do the math that if you increase spending while you decrease revenue that cannot lead to a good result.
Actually, Congress was well aware of the long-term deficit implications of the Bush tax cuts. The Congressional Budget Office projections clearly showed that, but Congress and the President were more concerned about pumping some money into the faltering economy in the wake of 9/11. The negative budget projections were the reason the law implementing the tax cuts had them expire at the end of 2010. The Congressional Budget Office's projections (bad as they were) did not include the costs of two wars, which were not envisioned at the time--at least not publicly. So, the bad long term effect of the cuts were made a whole lot worse by two wars that were not paid for.
oglfp12 is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #8
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Damn. I have to admit that Wave is right on this one. Man, I hate when that happens.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #9
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Damn. I have to admit that Wave is right on this one. Man, I hate when that happens.
I understand COG.
Believe me, the same happens to me sometimes. But then I do the same you did today, admit it.

Believe me, I'm proud of you COG
Old 03-18-2012, 11:44 PM   #10
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

To be honest with you, Wave, there is no one on this board that I dislike. There are ideas that I heartily disagree with, but I don't dislike anyone here. Almost all of my namecalling is done tongue in cheek. When you are right, I will say so.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:01 AM   #11
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oglfp12 View Post
Actually, Congress was well aware of the long-term deficit implications of the Bush tax cuts. The Congressional Budget Office projections clearly showed that, but Congress and the President were more concerned about pumping some money into the faltering economy in the wake of 9/11. The negative budget projections were the reason the law implementing the tax cuts had them expire at the end of 2010. The Congressional Budget Office's projections (bad as they were) did not include the costs of two wars, which were not envisioned at the time--at least not publicly. So, the bad long term effect of the cuts were made a whole lot worse by two wars that were not paid for.

[[[[[[[ THUD ]]]]]]]

sorry, I fell out of my chair.

Possibly the FIRST time I've ever heard anyone actually say the tax cuts didnt pay for themselves. Kudos oglfp

to top off the aforementioned, after passing budgets for sums yet known to mankind, the Bush War Cartel and majority congress later passed massive funding requests to continue their agenda that weren't included in the new budgets. Funny how they forgot to fund an ongoing war until a month or so after the budget was in the books.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:36 AM   #12
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
To be honest with you, Wave, there is no one on this board that I dislike. There are ideas that I heartily disagree with, but I don't dislike anyone here. Almost all of my namecalling is done tongue in cheek. When you are right, I will say so.
I have known that for a long time already.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:53 AM   #13
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
In other words, big government is ok so long as it's done your way.

Hypocrite much?
Doove is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women