Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 03-22-2010, 12:17 PM   #16
exnykr
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 7

Im with Vicky.....lol
exnykr is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:17 PM   #17
Dstorm
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Many loan applications allow for the lender to accerlerate payments due, or repo the property if they believe you are going to miss a payment.

It's more common on predatory lending type loans and trailers/vehicles that can be easily moved to another location.

Your friend would have to see the contract he actually signed to find out if this type of clause was in there.

(I see it's already been said in more detail above)
Dstorm is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:47 PM   #18
vnurse
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 31
My ECCIE Reviews

I have read theses replies over and over and the one thing that is very disturbing to me is that any lending institution can decide at any time that I, you, any borrower MIGHT default on their loan and could come and repo my car, property, etc.

I understand that this might be a bit extreme but it COULD happen? This is MY concern and doesn't have anything to do with my acquaintance.

If my credit union found out I was in the hospital last fall and was off work for several months, they could have taken my car back? Crazy!
vnurse is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:15 PM   #19
Sarcastro
Ambassador

Encounters: 6

Oh god, Vicki, Contracts<shudder>:

A contract for the sale of personal property requires that each party ensure that their ability to perform the contract won't be impaired. If there's some reasonable basis for doubting the other's ability to perform then a demand for assurance can be given in writing. The other party's failure to provide reasonable assurance within a reasonable period of time is repudiation of the contract.

That's the law in a nutshell. Note that it contains lots of "reasonables", and whether a lender is "reasonable" in its decision would be a matter for a jury. Remember, too, that as a practical matter lenders would far and away prefer a performing loan than a repo.

Real property is a different animal. Please don't make me go there. <shudder>
Sarcastro is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:23 PM   #20
vnurse
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 31
My ECCIE Reviews

Oh I understand that it isn't as cut and dried as I previously (a little sarcastically) stated. "reasonable"? There seems to be a shortage of that sometimes. I DO realize that the lender doesn't want the property back as opposed to having the note paid.

I am just going to put this out of my poor tired little mind, pass on the info that I have learned and go back to my happy place where I don't HAVE to think about such things!

I'm sorry if I stressed you, Sarcastro! I won't mention this again! LOL!
--v
vnurse is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:25 AM   #21
Alexxxis
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 5394
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnurse View Post
I have read theses replies over and over and the one thing that is very disturbing to me is that any lending institution can decide at any time that I, you, any borrower MIGHT default on their loan and could come and repo my car, property, etc.

I understand that this might be a bit extreme but it COULD happen? This is MY concern and doesn't have anything to do with my acquaintance.

If my credit union found out I was in the hospital last fall and was off work for several months, they could have taken my car back? Crazy!
You just said EXACTLY what I was thinking!

The information in this thread is something everyone should know. I NEVER sign a contract without reading every single word. Ever. It tends to annoy the other party involved but I refuse to enter in to any contract, no matter how small or large, without being fully informed. As a matter of fact, I had my apartment change the wording of my lease before I signed it because some of the terms were absurd.

On a side note, Jackie is so hot when she speaks about legal matters! She knows her stuff for sure and intelligence is just plain sexy.
Alexxxis is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women