Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70382
biomed160286
Yssup Rider59846
gman4452863
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35144
Mojojo33117

Old 03-27-2020, 05:41 PM   #121
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly fred View Post
I could let them go but I can afford to pay them.

I hope they are loyal to me in the long term but I'm doing it because I want to do it.
You’re a good man, Fred.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:59 PM   #122
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacuzzme View Post
You’re a good man, Fred.
Thank you kind sir.
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:07 PM   #123
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Just heard an expert say that the larger the number of cases, the less effective testing becomes. It's really common sense when you think about it. You find you have 10 people with something "new". You try to track down everybody that those 10 people came in contact with and hopefully none of the 10 had left the area and mingled with people normally not in their circle of acquaintances. But what if you have a million people with the virus? How the hell are you going to track down every single person that a million people came into contact with? There is a point of "diminishing returns" on testing.

That's not to say testing should stop but maybe the more important test right now, is testing everybody for antibodies to find out how many had the virus but were asymptomatic and might be able to provide plasma for a vaccine.

If you are displaying symptoms of the flu, what are you going to do different if it is the corona virus instead of influenza A? Nothing. You isolate and wait to see if you become one of the unlucky that has to go to the hospital or you stay at home and recover like we see many, many people now doing.

As for ventilators, they need not put one aside with my name on it because I won't be going to a hospital to be put on a ventilator. Have you been seeing the stories about how many people put on ventilators in NYC are dying? They are now stacking dead bodies in refrigerator trucks. I don't know the statistics but I'm guessing that if you are in bad enough shape to be put on a ventilator, you will never come off that ventilator alive. You will more than likely die and you will more than likely infect a health care worker trying to save you which they will probably not be able to do.

If it gets to a point where I can't breathe, I have a spot all picked out in the backyard where I'll meet my end courtesy of my Glock.
HedonistForever is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:13 PM   #124
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Again, I will leave it up to the "experts" who are making informed decisions. If they determine that the time is right to restart the country, I will abide by their decision. If they see more of a downside than upside to restarting the country, and push out that date to whatever they deem appropriate, I will abide by their decision. Like anyone else, I want to see things back to "normal" as soon as possible. As Trump said again today, the priority is protecting as many lives as possible.

The tricky part, the part that Trump is wrestling with now is, do we have to wait till the last person has died? Must we go a week with no deaths in America before people can go back to work? Of course not. So what if we are down to a mere hundred people a week dying and it is confined to a couple of major cities? Do we take the chance and open up and what if in opening up we see the numbers start to spike again?

This will be a damn tough decision but I say there is an acceptable number of deaths whether everybody likes to admit that or not.

The "not one death is acceptable" crowd can suck it.
HedonistForever is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:23 PM   #125
oeb11
Valued Poster

HF-"If you are displaying symptoms of the flu, what are you going to do different if it is the corona virus instead of influenza A? Nothing. You isolate and wait to see if you become one of the unlucky that has to go to the hospital or you stay at home and recover like we see many, many people now doing."

Influenza A can be treated with anti-virals to shorten disease and reduce complications.
There are four FDA-approved antiviral drugs recommended by CDC to treat flu this season.
Generic oseltamivirexternal icon and Tamiflu® are available as a pill or liquid suspension and are FDA approved for early treatment of flu in people 14 days and older. Zanamivir is a powder that is inhaled and approved for early treatment of flu in people 7 years and older. (Note: Zanamivir (trade name Relenza®) is administered using an inhaler device and is not recommended for people with breathing problems like asthma or COPD.) Peramivir is given intravenously by a health care provider and is approved for early treatment of flu in people 2 years and older. Baloxavir is a pill given as a single dose by mouth and is approved for early treatment of flu in people 12 years and older. (Note: Baloxavir (trade name Xofluza®) is not recommended for pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers, outpatients with complicated or progressive illness, or hospitalized patients because there is no information about use of baloxavir in these patients.)
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/treatment/treatment.htm
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/treatment/treatment.htm

We do not have that capability with proven treatments for Wuhan coronavirus at this time.

Hopefully soon.

the CDC web is posted above.

likely by the time we have a million recovered patients in a geographic area - the beginnings of herd immunity will kick in and stop the virus progression through the population.

We may well just delaying the inevitable with the quarantine orders. Unless the virus spontaneously goes into remission with warmer weather - that we don't know yet.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:25 PM   #126
Kinkster90210
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
It's the deaths. Since the virus doesn't seem to have serious and permanent after effects from a 50K ft view only the deaths matter. Again, this isn't polio.

Stop panicking.

BTW, he may have to pay them depending on among other factors: labor agreements and employment agreements.
Here is the latest map. Slide the bar from right to left to see the progress of the disease:
https://nypost.com/2020/03/27/maps-o...ead-across-us/

Texas now has over 1000 cases. Louisiana has over 2700.

How is that curve-flattening coming along?
Kinkster90210 is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 06:49 AM   #127
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedonistForever View Post
The tricky part, the part that Trump is wrestling with now is, do we have to wait till the last person has died? Must we go a week with no deaths in America before people can go back to work? Of course not. So what if we are down to a mere hundred people a week dying and it is confined to a couple of major cities? Do we take the chance and open up and what if in opening up we see the numbers start to spike again?

This will be a damn tough decision but I say there is an acceptable number of deaths whether everybody likes to admit that or not.

The "not one death is acceptable" crowd can suck it.
I am very happy that I am not in Trump's shoes having to make the decision.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 06:57 AM   #128
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
From the article:

Countries that have tested widely for the virus, isolated cases and quarantined suspected cases — in the way that South Korea and Singapore have done — have managed to suppress transmission of the virus.

Hong Kong and Singapore have followed similar paths in responding to this outbreak.

They've used testing aggressively to identify cases — not only testing people who are so sick that they're hospitalized but also mild cases and even suspected cases. They've quarantined tens of thousands of people who may have been exposed to confirmed cases.

The vast majority of the people ordered to quarantine at home are perfectly healthy and never do get sick, but the few who do develop symptoms can be quickly isolated further. Tedros of the WHO refers to this as cutting off the virus at the bud — basically stopping the virus from spreading further and preventing community transmission.

Japan hasn't been testing nearly as widely as South Korea, but it appears to have fended off significant community transmission by quickly investigating any flare-ups of cases, identifying who exactly is infected and then monitoring their contacts.

In other words, they reacted early and did things right. Europe and the USA didn't. Wearing masks, which they do and we don't, probably helped a lot too.

Wait...you mean to tell me Trump did not test early enough? Why I remember like it was yesterday when he said we only have 15 cases and it was going down!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 06:59 AM   #129
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
I am very happy that I am not in Trump's shoes having to make the decision.
Why?

He will take no negative responsibility and will try and horde all the credit no matter what he does!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 07:03 AM   #130
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post

We may well just delaying the inevitable with the quarantine orders.
Yes Einstein, that was the point. To spread out the infection time...

Jesus
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 07:08 AM   #131
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
SR- And, China is positioning itself to take advantage of the economic collapse we are inflicting on ourselves - as is Putin.
How so?...specifically China.

By making mask? Is that some long term strategy?

Do you mean like this article suggests?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...on/ar-BB11Ps1U
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 07:45 AM   #132
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinkster90210 View Post
Here is the latest map. Slide the bar from right to left to see the progress of the disease:

Piss ants and faggots aren't good with statistics....these are snapshots based upon incomplete data...

It would seem every sick motherfucker is showing up in the hospital whether they get tested or not..why aren't we looking at overall hospital admissions, too? That rate of increase likely is somewhat significant and we can extrapolate a trend from that...
Old 03-28-2020, 09:58 AM   #133
oeb11
Valued Poster

Ftw - China has the "hordes" - and Cuomo is trying to "take credit" with his whining that ny doesn't getr enough - despite his "Hoarding" of 4000 ventilators in NJ.

as usual - nothing constructive to offer.

Take a note from Dean Wormer - "Drunk, fat, and stupid is no way to go through life, Son!"
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 10:30 AM   #134
friendly fred
Valued Poster

I would also say we should compare death rates at this point versus the same time last year.

Do we have a significant increase?

So what if a bunch of people are sick at home from who knows what?

Fat fuckers should adopt a more healthy lifestyle and quit being a bunch of pussies!
Old 03-28-2020, 11:24 AM   #135
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinkster90210 View Post

We only had four people in Texas die in the last 24 hours that have been attributed to coronavirus - so at the moment, the flattening is working though we still need more data.

Even so, it isn't a bad trend yet.

Wed 6 deaths
Thurs 5 deaths
Friday 4 deaths

What would be interesting would be to know their ages and other health problems.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women