Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40280
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 08-15-2017, 06:26 PM   #1
Butch Cassidy
Premium Access

Encounters: 169
Default More movie reviews....

Two nights ago saw Terence Malick's new film " Song to Song"
Michael Fassbender, Ryan Gosling(ever since Drive this guy has caught my interest), Rooney Mara, Natalie Portman

Just absolutely mesmerizing like all his films, felt like Id been taken on a journey.

Annabelle Diaries or third installment in Conjuring series...well Anthony Lapaglia has porked up, big ol fat ass now lol.
Mostly boring, left early to go home for a shag.
First two were great imo
Butch Cassidy is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:21 PM   #2
dallasfan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 89

Baby driver was kind of entertaining. Probably one of the better ones this summer. Been some terrible movies this summer.
dallasfan is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:01 PM   #3
Guest070818-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 118353
My ECCIE Reviews

I watched 'The Dark Tower' and it was insanely confusing. Good story concept but horrible plot. I'm guessing that the Stephen king fans had a better time watching than I did.
Guest070818-1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:12 AM   #4
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

Has anyone seen Atomic Blonde yet (75 on the Tomatometer)?

I have not but would like to soon (I'm a Charlize Theron fan....tall, blonde, gorgeous....yeah, she is so much in the demographics of celeb-babes-Chateau-would-like-to-fuck).

Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:44 PM   #5
dallasfan
Valued Poster

Atomic blonde was watchable.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:24 PM   #6
dallaswill
Premium Access

Encounters: 54

Dunkirk was a disappointment. It could have been so much better. Confusing story line as they switched from one to the other, sometimes the same story line but seen from 3 different perspectives. Hard to keep up.

Paid the extra $ to see it at NorthPark in IMAX. They had the sound turned up so loud the dialogue was distorted.

Never again.
dallaswill is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:39 AM   #7
bored@home
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

I really liked Atomic Blonde...or maybe the soundtrack made up for anything lacking...either way it will go in the collection.

Now Dunkirk on the other hand...I had high hopes and hypes from friends but left disappointed. Like DW above the sound and perspective swapping was not executed well. I would have also preferred the constant "heartbeat" bass thump background be removed or used more sparingly. I don't regret seeing it just think it could have been better presented.
bored@home is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:06 AM   #8
dallasfan
Valued Poster

Was excited to see Dunkirk but was really boring and waste of time.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:53 AM   #9
txexetoo
Premium Access

Encounters: 133

To each his own. I loved Dunkirk and Atomic Blonde
txexetoo is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:03 PM   #10
Zee Man
Account Disabled

Encounters: 38

Agree with Dallaswill on Dunkirk. The story lines were difficult to follow. I think it is because the main characters all look alike. I was struggling to determine who was who etc. They failed on conveying the magnitude of the rescue fleet as well.
Zee Man is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:55 PM   #11
Ronin3
Premium Access

Encounters: 123

Atomic Blonde�� Dunkirk��except for Spitire scenes(imo). Dark Tower meh (should've been better given all the factors). Going to see Hitman's Bodyguard tonight. Will be hard for me to be disappointed with a SLJ/Ryan Reynolds film
Ronin3 is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 02:33 AM   #12
CG2014
Premium Access

Encounters: 101
Exclamation

How much did y'all pay to see Dunkirk?

I saw it in IMAX at AMC Stonebriar on the evening showing and it cost me $17 and to me, I can't tell the difference between IMAX and 3D and XD or just regular digital.

The sound was not fine: just like Interstellar, it had the same problem.

Special effects track okay. Dialogue audio track - you can't understand 3/4 of it!!

My friend called it Dumbkirk.

I saw Atomic Blonde.

If they want to make a spin off franchise series with Charlize Theron, I am all for it.

How can anyone say no to Charlize Theron?
CG2014 is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 06:51 AM   #13
2short@desky
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallaswill View Post
Dunkirk was a disappointment. It could have been so much better. Confusing story line as they switched from one to the other, sometimes the same story line but seen from 3 different perspectives. Hard to keep up.

Paid the extra $ to see it at NorthPark in IMAX. They had the sound turned up so loud the dialogue was distorted.

Never again.
It was a huge disappointment for me as well. Not so much for the scene changes but for the total lack of teaching. I'm an avid history buff and could follow the story line, but to those unknowledgeable it had to be nothing but a bang, bang, boom, boom with no beginning and no significance to the end. There was total lack of story. I couldn't hear what was being said half the time, and the actors all looked the same scene change to scene change...to the point that only the setting difference clued one in. Overall it was very shallow and missed a golden opportunity to teach young folk of the significance of this horrific time in history. No where close to Saving Private Ryan.
2short@desky is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:12 PM   #14
CG2014
Premium Access

Encounters: 101
Thumbs down

Rough Night (2017)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4799050

I tried to watch this movie about 4 women, all best friends from college, headed to Miami for a bachelorette party because one of them is getting married (Scarlett Johansson).

Right from the beginning, from the first scene where they are still in college, it doesn't bode well.

You would think because a woman wrote this and directed this, a woman will try to avoid all the stereotypes and stigmas society puts on women but nope, not only is all that in there, these women act like a bunch of guys in a locker room talking trash about the opposite sex and putting down everything else.

You have the popular beauty queen (Scarlett Johansson), who 10 years after college is running for public office and she is trying to be a goody goody, of course.

You have the heavy set girl (Jillian Bell) who is obnoxious and constantly talking about penises because after all, that's what heavy set girls do. Talk about penises and act obnoxious, right?

You have the light skinned African American girl (Zoë Kravitz) who tries very hard to pass for white. She is in a custody battle over her child with her ex because after all, all light skinned African American girls wishes they were white and none of them are good mothers, right?

You have the boyish looking tomboy girl (Ilana Glazer) who is also a lesbian, a political activist, an ex felon, a drug dealer and a drug addict because after all, tomboys are all trouble makers, right?

Then you have the girl from Australia (Kate McKinnon) who Johansson character met when she spent a semester in Australia; she invited her to her bachelorette party and of course the heavy set girl doesn't like it that her best friend has a new friend.

I got 30 minutes into the movie where the girls invite a guy over to strip for Johansson and due to the heavy set girl's poor judgement, he is killed in a freak accident.

Now what would you do?

I would call the Police.

Of course these girls will not call the Police due to many reasons: they are drunk, they are high, Johansson character is running for public office, the tomboy girl is on her strike 2 with the criminal justice system and she left the state to go to Miami, the guy stripper was from a Craigslist ad so he is automatically labeled as a prostitute and the girls don't want to be the Police to know they hired a prostitute, etc., etc.

So what do they do? Keep on getting high and drunk and keep on partying.

It's sad that a woman wrote this and directed this! Instead of making a women comedy that can be positive for all women, she made a women comedy that cater to the recent trend of tasteless male audiences oriented comedies like The Hungover.

This trend of stupid women's dark comedies all started because of Melissa McCarthy's Bridesmaids, which was then followed by Best Night Ever, Bad Moms and this year's Girls Trip.

There is even a name for this genre: Ladette Comedy.

Enough is enough!! Women can be funny without needing to resort to the grossness, the obnoxiousness, the locker room trash talk.

Movies like these do nothing positive for women in a Hollywood still very much dominated by men. It's a shame that women need to stoop down to the low level of men just so they can be recognized in Hollywood and get a project greenlighted.

Shame on Johansson for even accepting a role in this film and she is the only reason I watched this.

I won't rate this because I walked out after 30 minutes but if I were to, I would give it a BIG FAT ZERO!!

Stay away from this movie.

CG2014 is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:24 PM   #15
Zireta Jolie
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 407641
My ECCIE Reviews

Anybody seen The Hitman's Bodyguard? Renolds and Jackson seem like a fantastic duo! Has potential to be my favorite movie of the summer.

Baby Driver was very meh for me, but I'm also not an Edgar Wright fan...
Zireta Jolie is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women