Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70394
biomed160371
Yssup Rider59873
gman4452893
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47460
pyramider46370
bambino40289
CryptKicker37069
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35230
Mojojo33117

Old 01-04-2019, 03:54 PM   #1
oeb11
Valued Poster

Default House Dems to introduce gun backgrounds checks bill

House Dems to introduce gun backgrounds checks bill

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...zSs?li=BBnb7Kz

The Democratic proposal would require federal background checks on all gun sales, including private transactions. There will be some small exemptions to those checks, such as transfers between family members, or temporary use of a gun for hunting. Gun-control groups estimate that roughly one-fifth or more of gun sales don't include background checks.

While i agree with better background checks - part of that includes updating and improving the database and system. It can be woefully out of date.
Helps by closing the gun show loopholes.

It is not likely to pass the Senate, but we should do reasonable things to try to keep weapons out of the hands of the severely mentally il,l and transferring weapons to out of country drug cartels.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:02 PM   #2
Danielle Silver
Naughty lil Moderator

User ID: 7081
My ECCIE Reviews

The gun flow will never stop.

Gun Control doesn't work.

Prime Example : CHICAGO

Just my 2 cents, lol
Danielle Silver is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:03 PM   #3
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
[B]

1. While i agree with better background checks -

2. part of that includes updating and improving the database

3. and system.

4. It can be woefully out of date.

5. Helps by closing the gun show loopholes.
I'm not being argumentative in the least, but I just turned you "discussion" into talking points for the anti-"gun" crowd.

Just as a general point of order .... to what "database" and "system" are you referring?

How are they "woefully out of date" ...

and what "loopholes"?

And of course the killer in the discussion ... will the "Dem's version of gun control" accomplish those missions/goals you have created from their talking points ...?

Liberals spuriously believe that more laws will make us safer and reduce killings! Perfect example: "Immigration Reform"! What do they want to "Reform" ... make it against the law to sneak into the country? Dissolve the "Immigration Police"? Or just DISARM THEM?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 05:03 PM   #4
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

Disarm? Sure...
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 05:23 PM   #5
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

As a person that has filled out many a yellow sheet' back in the day and now filled out many nics back ground checks! I have to say that we only need to enforce the current laws ! No law will ever stop someone from committing any crime! Any new laws would take rights away from the law abiding citizen. All of the questions on the fbi back ground check deals with everyones concern above! But i believe in private transfers! A criminal is going to obtain his weapon of choice no matter what the law states!!!
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 06:30 PM   #6
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
I'm not being argumentative in the least, but I just turned you "discussion" into talking points for the anti-"gun" crowd.

Just as a general point of order .... to what "database" and "system" are you referring?

and what "loopholes"?

And of course the killer in the discussion ... will the "Dem's version of gun control" accomplish those missions/goals you have created from their talking points ...?

Liberals spuriously believe that more laws will make us safer and reduce killings! Perfect example: "Immigration Reform"! What do they want to "Reform" ... make it against the law to sneak into the country? Dissolve the "Immigration Police"? Or just DISARM THEM?

the so-called gun show loophole. it isn't the "loophole" most people think it is. it only applies to private citizens selling guns at gun shows to another private citizen.

the media myth is that States are lax on background checks by dealers, who are required to do a background checks and that most States don't require dealers to make the check. that is false. all States require dealers to do the check as part of the conditions of their Fed Firearm License to do business.

closing the so-called loophole would only apply to private citizens wishing to sell among themselves at gun shows. a drop in the bucket. ive been to gun shows in several States and the majority of the buying is from the Dealers that have the merchandise to sell.

the difference would be negligible to the overall sales at guns shows but it would be a step toward outlawing the right of a citizen to sell a gun at all. this is why the NRA and many conservative gun owners claim such laws would be incompatible with the 2nd amendment.

http://www.governing.com/gov-data/sa...-laws-map.html
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 06:30 PM   #7
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

There is no "gunshot loophole". If you buy a gun from a dealer at a gun show, they will do a background check. The last show I attend d at George R Brown the n Houston had dozens of people sitting ar tables doing nothing but background checks.

If two guys cross paths in a gun show and one buys a gun from the other, that is not a "loophole". It's the law. It's a sale between private individule.
Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 06:35 PM   #8
oeb11
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post

and what "loopholes"?

In order to purchase a gun from a federal firearms licensed dealer (FFL), a consumer must provide identification and pass a federal background check using the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' 4473 form.

The "system" is not up to date and There is no good reason that gun purchases at a gun show cannot be run through the system - "Loop hole" that allowed weapons to Mexican drug cartels.

I am not an anti-gun nut. I own weapons - and prize the privilege. I am open for reasonable efforts to contain gun violence . Is it perfect - No!

Chicago is a good object lesson.

Rather than "pry them from my cold dead hand" - I prefer to participate in the National Debate constructively.

There are those - some already posted here - who disagree- and I respect that.
Please consider and submit constructive ideas in the debate - or eventually - as Kalifornia has gone- the DPST's will take advantage of a majority and make weapon ownership untenable, or even repeal the 2nd amendment.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 06:54 PM   #9
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
In order to purchase a gun from a federal firearms licensed dealer (FFL), a consumer must provide identification and pass a federal background check using the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' 4473 form.

The "system" is not up to date and There is no good reason that gun purchases at a gun show cannot be run through the system - "Loop hole" that allowed weapons to Mexican drug cartels.

I am not an anti-gun nut. I own weapons - and prize the privilege. I am open for reasonable efforts to contain gun violence . Is it perfect - No!

Chicago is a good object lesson.

Rather than "pry them from my cold dead hand" - I prefer to participate in the National Debate constructively.

There are those - some already posted here - who disagree- and I respect that.
Please consider and submit constructive ideas in the debate - or eventually - as Kalifornia has gone- the DPST's will take advantage of a majority and make weapon ownership untenable, or even repeal the 2nd amendment.
There was no "Loop Hole" allowing the sale of weapons to Mexican Cartels during Operation Fast and Furious. Fast and Furious involved a conscious decision by Odumbo's AG and Odumbo's agents in the ATF not to enforce the law. hildebeest's speech in Mexico suggests that Operation Fast and Furious was a False Flag operation to create an international incident the anti-gun Odumbo administration could exploit to advance its anti-gun agenda.

I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:16 AM   #10
bamscram
Valued Poster

Gun laws are more lax now than ever,, Mo has gone from one of the most restricted on who could own and carry to anyone can buy peer to peer and carry concealed.
bamscram is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:24 AM   #11
themystic
Valued Poster

Somebody should take away the guns from anyone who actually voted for Trump. They are not mentally stable. They actually think Mexico is paying for a border wall. Then they shut down the government because Congress wont give them the money to build it? Yeah take the guns from those nut cases
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 06:20 PM   #12
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamscram View Post
Gun laws are more lax now than ever,, Mo has gone from one of the most restricted on who could own and carry to anyone can buy peer to peer and carry concealed.
Please tell me where you can go and buy a gun ANYWHERE by just filling out the "gentleman honor" yellow sheet.
My local paper had person to person gun sells everyday!!
This was 35 years ago.
Before that...
I use to carry a rifle to school for
shooting class...that dates me!!
GUN LAWS ARE MORE LAX NOW....YEAH RIGHT!!
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 06:42 PM   #13
winn dixie
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystic View Post
Somebody should take away the guns from anyone who actually voted for Trump. They are not mentally stable. They actually think Mexico is paying for a border wall. Then they shut down the government because Congress wont give them the money to build it? Yeah take the guns from those nut cases
Alright! Please give links to back this vomit spew - up!
This sounds like a communist viewpoint!
Old 01-05-2019, 06:45 PM   #14
winn dixie
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamscram View Post
What? Firearms owners and purchasers are under attack! Our rights are eroding daily! Right to carry is gaining in popularity; however their are more restrictions on firearm ownership now, more than ever.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:46 PM   #15
Trey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 70

You had shooting class in school? Damn I thought I was getting up there for remembering auto shop and welding being offered. Seems like more is missing now than has been added (has anything been added?). Saw now you only learn to write in print now. We used to think only retarded people wrote in print still after a certain point. Guess we said fuck it somewhere.
Trey is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women