Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70373
biomed160247
Yssup Rider59830
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47417
pyramider46370
bambino40272
CryptKicker37060
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 05-24-2020, 08:23 AM   #166
eccielover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchmasterman View Post
You don't need exact numbers to post approximate values. They still argue past numbers from earlier pandemics. I told you where the numbers I used came from. If you don't like them then don't use them.
For now, the numbers posted in reputable sources are good enough to use in discussions. I haven't argued any points that need exact numbers.
Here is a set of data points accurate enough for me.

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/...01e8b9cafc8b83
Ok, so you are basically confirming what I said.

Numbers are numbers and are represented and "approximated" in a variety of ways. That some choose one over another to be "good enough" to discuss usually means there is a political motivation behind it if they don't throw in the necessary caveats as to how and why they choose their "approximate" number.

Case, Infection, and crude(population) mortality rates are all valid "approximations" still at this point. And they can all be used to give wildly different perspectives and potential fear factors.

In the end, I still think regarding the OP, that the better question is whether Texas should have fully shut down in the first place, but regarding opening too soon, absolutely not when done based on hot spot monitoring.

PA is largely that same for large geographical areas. They never should have been shut down in the first place.
eccielover is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:25 PM   #167
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Very different from me but if it works, it works.

I have a good friend who is on a plant-based diet. Yuck! I'm sure it is healthier than my diet but no thank you.

Good health to everyone!!
Plant based diets aren't all what they are cracked up to be. They work quite well for cattle, Deer, Rabbits and Squirrels but not so much for people. We are omnivores which means mankind must incorporate both plant and animal based nutrition otherwise the nervous system will eventually fail.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 05:52 PM   #168
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Lieing dog faced pony soldier rides again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchmasterman View Post
You need to clean your ears out.
I didn't say any of that. I posted the method used by the CDC.
Argue with them.
You actually did say that. Nobody knows how many are infected and that includes the CDC. So you cannot calculate a death rate based upon it. Guessing, aka estimating, does not make it accurate and in fact, makes it totally misleading. It has become clear that the infection rate is substantially higher than previously understood, making the "infected" number grossly undershot in your math. CDC numbers have been pretty sketchy so far and it's an entirely endemic problem. They have been extremely wrong every step of the way with this bug. Others have and do argue with them. Here's one:

CDC — Influenza Deaths: Request for Correction (RFC)

US data on influenza deaths are false and misleading. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) acknowledges a difference between flu death and flu associated death yet uses the terms interchangeably. Additionally, there are significant statistical incompatibilities between official estimates and national vital statistics data. Compounding these problems is a marketing of fear—a CDC communications strategy in which medical experts "predict dire outcomes" during flu seasons.

The CDC website states what has become commonly accepted and widely reported in the lay and scientific press: annually "about 36 000 [Americans] die from flu" (www.cdc.gov/flu/about/disease.htm) and "influenza/pneumonia" is the seventh leading cause of death in the United States (www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/lcod.htm). But why are flu and pneumonia bundled together? Is the relationship so strong or unique to warrant characterizing them as a single cause of death? David Rosenthal, director of Harvard University Health Services, said, "People don't necessarily die, per se, of the [flu] virus—the viraemia. What they die of is a secondary pneumonia. So many of these pneumonias are not viral pneumonias but secondary [pneumonias]."...
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 05:57 PM   #169
oeb11
Valued Poster

All of the widely quoted "Models" have grosly overestimated wuhan virus death rate.

You quote FACTS - WYID.
The true wuhan virus case mortality rate is likely to never known - only guesstimated at best.

Unless the Orwellian hordes force every American into testing - needed or not.
oeb11 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women