Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 260
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160186
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452822
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47409
pyramider46370
bambino40245
CryptKicker37048
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 05-23-2020, 09:40 PM   #46
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I was bitching about the lack of testing for the new coronavirus in the USA, and saying the reason countries like South Korea, Japan and China had flattened the number of people infected was because of testing. I think I was wrong. Masks may be more important. You can make these yourself, or wear something like a scarf over your face when you're out in public, you don't have to compete with the medical system to buy surgical grade N95 masks.

Here's a link to some summaries and other info on the subject,

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.9yzpxufkt5ow
Apparently the Chinese, especially those in the largest cities have been wearing face masks for quite sometime due to high levels of air pollution. So the Covid-19 Pandemic didn't prompt them to wear face coverings.

https://fossbytes.com/air-pollution-...ple-every-day/
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:54 AM   #47
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
HF: saudi arabia; left hand and robe; don't eat with your left.

am i to understand that when you defecate at a toilet which is a hole in the ground, you clean your ass with your left hand and the robe you're wearing?

That's what we were told. I can confirm two things. There was ( we are talking 1967 now ) nothing but a hole in the floor but they were kind enough to mark the two places where your feet should be with ridges so you would slip I guess and no toilet paper.

Yes, eating with your left hand "the dirty hand" was a no, no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHeqTGK--9Y

Jason Hung

Why visitors to Indonesia should avoid using their left hand – it may cause offence

• Shaking hands, offering a gift, giving or receiving something, eating, pointing or touching someone in Indonesia? You’d better not use your left hand
  • Why? It’s the one traditionally used to clean yourself after going to the toilet; however, as tourism increases, people are becoming more understanding
  • And know you know, as Paul Harvey use to say "the rest of the story".

HedonistForever is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 02:28 PM   #48
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
Apparently the Chinese, especially those in the largest cities have been wearing face masks for quite sometime due to high levels of air pollution. So the Covid-19 Pandemic didn't prompt them to wear face coverings.

https://fossbytes.com/air-pollution-...ple-every-day/
I can't speak that well specifically to China as I've only spent about a week there. However, before Covid 19, if you were walking around a large Asian city like Tokyo or Hong Kong, you'd see some people wearing masks, but most don't.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 04:28 PM   #49
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default New world record

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
Fidel - a vaccine is a year away - at least. ..

As far as I recall; the typical time to develop a vaccine has been 10-15 years. Mumps is the current record holder at 4 years in development.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 04:47 PM   #50
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
I can't speak that well specifically to China as I've only spent about a week there. However, before Covid 19, if you were walking around a large Asian city like Tokyo or Hong Kong, you'd see some people wearing masks, but most don't.
Before Covid-19 why do you think any of them wore face coverings?
Old 05-24-2020, 05:02 PM   #51
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Delusions of the mind to avoid

Quote:
I was bitching about the lack of testing for the new coronavirus in the USA, and saying the reason countries like South Korea, Japan and China had flattened the number of people infected was because of testing. I think I was wrong...
That is absurd at face value. Closer to moronic more likely. Testing does nothing to "flatten the curve". Notwithstanding the accuracy of the "test" itself. None of the aforementioned countries had anything like an antibody test suite. China lied about everything and has no compunction for treating their own people like fleas, going so far as to weld some into their apartments, aka coffins. They also shipped their crappy "tests" to other countries (Tanzania for example), where the receivers learned that goats and fruits now have COVID, according to the tests.

Quote:
...Masks may be more important....
Well... important for what? I think a fair argument can be made that wearing a mask can reduce the amount of spreading from an infected person. This is the ostensible reason people in shithole countries wear a mask, to avoid spreading a disease they have and of course for heavy pollution days. It will not eliminate it. But wearing one to prevent getting infected is mostly absurd at face value. Closer to moronic more likely.

Where are all the entry points for the virus located? They are all on your face. What is the most prevalent advice about your face? Wash you damned hands and don't touch your damned face. (Technically, it means don't touch your eyes, mouth and nose openings.) Where do you put the mask and how do you attach and remove it? On your damned face, with your damned hands. What does that mask do? It collects and holds things above a certain particulate size right there - on your face (openings) for you to remove with your hands and disturb, think rustle, the fabric, which will release particles on your face and hands. Ever look at you furnace or car air filter?
Old 05-24-2020, 06:20 PM   #52
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedonistForever View Post
That's what we were told. I can confirm two things. There was ( we are talking 1967 now ) nothing but a hole in the floor but they were kind enough to mark the two places where your feet should be with ridges so you would slip I guess and no toilet paper.

Yes, eating with your left hand "the dirty hand" was a no, no.

your link got messed up. some how http got entered twice.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 06:24 PM   #53
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

LexusLover has said much the same. I don't understand where you gentlemen are coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
That is absurd at face value. Closer to moronic more likely. Testing does nothing to "flatten the curve". Notwithstanding the accuracy of the "test" itself. None of the aforementioned countries had anything like an antibody test suite. China lied about everything and has no compunction for treating their own people like fleas, going so far as to weld some into their apartments, aka coffins. They also shipped their crappy "tests" to other countries (Tanzania for example), where the receivers learned that goats and fruits now have COVID, according to the tests.
Look at the date on the post. At that time there was a severe shortage of tests in the USA. Andrew Cuomo in one of his daily diatribes told about his daughter coming to him. She had a high fever and a dry cough, classic symptoms of Covid 19. She asked him if she could get tested. He asked her have you traveled to a country like China or Italy? She said no. So he asked her have you come into contact with someone you know who had the coronavirus. She said no again. So he said you shouldn't get tested. Instead you should shelter at home. How's that for a strategy to deal with a pandemic. You don't have the testing capability so you need to guess whether you've got the disease and isolate yourself based on that. This isn't the way it should work. You should test people and trace their contacts.

This was not primarily Trump's fault. The CDC and the FDA failed miserably at the start of the epidemic here in the U.S., delaying testing for weeks. We've been struggling to catch up ever since.

Quote:
Well... important for what? I think a fair argument can be made that wearing a mask can reduce the amount of spreading from an infected person. This is the ostensible reason people in shithole countries wear a mask, to avoid spreading a disease they have and of course for heavy pollution days. It will not eliminate it. But wearing one to prevent getting infected is mostly absurd at face value. Closer to moronic more likely.
This is a common attitude on this board. Take a look at the sugar daddy forum. I'm not going to wear a condom because it feels better if I don't. I don't give a crap if I give a woman HPV so she gets cervical cancer or chlamydia so she becomes sterile. If she gets pregnant who gives a fuck as long as she doesn't know my name or address. Yeah if you're wearing a cloth mask you're protecting other people more than you protect yourself. If you're wearing an N95 mask or well made KN95 mask that's reasonably well sealed you're doing a good job of protecting yourself too.

Quote:
Where are all the entry points for the virus located? They are all on your face. What is the most prevalent advice about your face? Wash you damned hands and don't touch your damned face. (Technically, it means don't touch your eyes, mouth and nose openings.) Where do you put the mask and how do you attach and remove it? On your damned face, with your damned hands. What does that mask do? It collects and holds things above a certain particulate size right there - on your face (openings) for you to remove with your hands and disturb, think rustle, the fabric, which will release particles on your face and hands. Ever look at you furnace or car air filter?
Washing your hands frequently, not touching your face, not picking your nose, using proper hygiene when you put your mask on and take it off, those all may help. I'm doing all that anyway. But the primary way the virus is spread is not by contact, but in droplets and aerosolized in the air. Point me towards one study that definitely shows a case of the new coronavirus being transferred by contact.

I've linked to a couple of papers in this forum that provide good evidence for the effectiveness of masks. I wish you and others would wear them, so businesses could fully reopen and the taxpayers wouldn't have to dig as far into their pockets to pay for this economic calamity.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 06:37 PM   #54
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

this thing about testing...

wouldn't it be quicker and faster to get a sample of the saliva/blood and look it under a microscope???
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:09 PM   #55
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Wear a mask, carry a lucky rabbit's foot and a four leaf clover

Quote:
...Look at the date on the post. At that time there was a severe shortage of tests in the USA. Andrew Cuomo in one of his daily diatribes told about his daughter coming to him. She had a high fever and a dry cough, classic symptoms of Covid 19. She asked him if she could get tested. He asked her have you traveled to a country like China or Italy? She said no. So he asked her have you come into contact with someone you know who had the coronavirus. She said no again. So he said you shouldn't get tested. Instead you should shelter at home. How's that for a strategy to deal with a pandemic. You don't have the testing capability so you need to guess whether you've got the disease and isolate yourself based on that. This isn't the way it should work. You should test people and trace their contacts...
Well Mr Einstein. Let's just say she did get a test. Then what would the Doctor advise? Yup, you guessed it: you should shelter at home and drink plenty of fluids and eat good stuff yadda-yadda. If you take a turn for the worse, call 911. That is what a Doctor would tell you. Can you believe it? How's that for a strategy to deal with a pandemic?

Anyone that thinks they are going to contact trace me is gravely mistaken and will be advised of such in the most terse terminology. Anyone that knows me knows not to put me down as a contact for tracing either, presumably because of my terse ways.

Quote:
...This was not primarily Trump's fault. The CDC and the FDA failed miserably at the start of the epidemic here in the U.S., delaying testing for weeks. We've been struggling to catch up ever since....
Point remains. Testing don't do actual jack to cure you and it does not really change your treatment regime.

Quote:
...But the primary way the virus is spread is not by contact, but in droplets and aerosolized in the air. Point me towards one study that definitely shows a case of the new coronavirus being transferred by contact...
Dolt Alert: So we can quit wiping down surfaces and disinfecting whole buildings, shopping cart handles and whole planes now? I suppose you are now saying is it OK-fine to touch our faces and such. What the heck was all that hub-bub about washing hands anyway? All those studies about surface longevity of the virus was just a bunch of inebriated fools putzing around on calculators?!? Well... actually that last line may be turning out to be a more accurate then I had hoped. But still....

Quote:
...I've linked to a couple of papers in this forum that provide good evidence for the effectiveness of masks. I wish you and others would wear them, so businesses could fully reopen and the taxpayers wouldn't have to dig as far into their pockets to pay for this economic calamity.
Stuff your wishes. Wearing a mask creates risks to healthy people, especially flimsy cloth ones that get stuffed in your pocket and reused repeatedly. The Surgeon General told you, Dr Fauci told you, Dr Birx told you. If there is one good thing that may come of this, I hope it is people will be comfortable wearing a mask in public when they are mildly sick. But I doubt our culture will even except that but instead want to treat them as a pariah or harbinger of pestilence.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:29 PM   #56
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:
your link got messed up. some how http got entered twice.

Let's try it again

Nope still doesn't work.

Let's see if it works from this site

https://medium.com/dohanews/qtip-why-arabs-dont-like-to-use-their-left-hands-f690faa0bf4e

Damn, they really don't want you to see this video!
Old 05-24-2020, 07:43 PM   #57
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Would you believe there is a proscribed etiquette for using the toilet in Islam that calls for a prayer and which foot to enter with? No wonder these people want to kill everybody!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_toilet_etiquette

Islamic toilet etiquette is a set of personal hygiene rules in Islam followed when going to the toilet. This code of Muslim hygienical jurisprudence is known as Qadaa' al-Haajah.
The only requirement of the Qur'an is washing of one's hands and face with pure earth if water is not available.

Issues of chirality (bodily symmetry), such as whether one uses the left or right hand, and which foot is used to step into or out of toilet areas, are derived from hadith sources.

A Muslim must first find an acceptable place away from standing water, people's pathways, or shade.They are advised that it is better to enter the area with the left foot, facing away from the Qiblah (prayer point). It is reported in the hadith of Bukhari that whenever Muhammad went to the toilet, he said, Bismillahi Allahumma Inni Audhubika Minal Khubsi Wal Khabais ("In the name of Allah, O Allah! I seek refuge/protection with/in You from all offensive and wicked things") (alternate translation: "from evil deeds and evil spirits" and "from the male and female unclean spirits")Following this prophetic ideal, Muslims are advised to say this supplication before entering into the toilet.

While on the toilet, one must remain silent. Talking, answering greetings, or greeting others is strongly discouraged. When defecating together, two men cannot converse, nor look at each other's genitals.Eating any food while on the toilet is strictly forbidden

The anus must be washed with water using the left hand after defecating.It is now more common to wipe with tissues and also use water. Similarly, the penis or vulva must be washed with water with the left hand after urinating. This washing is known as istinja, and is commonly done using a vessel sometimes known as a bodna.

When leaving the toilet, one is advised to leave with the right foot,and say a prayer – "Praise be to Allah who relieved me of the filth and gave me relief."

Old 05-24-2020, 09:23 PM   #58
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
this thing about testing...

wouldn't it be quicker and faster to get a sample of the saliva/blood and look it under a microscope???
How about just treating those who actually are infected with the disease with approved treatments. Symptoms don't lie, unreliable tests do.
Old 05-24-2020, 10:10 PM   #59
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Well Mr Einstein. Let's just say she did get a test. Then what would the Doctor advise? Yup, you guessed it: you should shelter at home and drink plenty of fluids and eat good stuff yadda-yadda. If you take a turn for the worse, call 911. That is what a Doctor would tell you. Can you believe it? How's that for a strategy to deal with a pandemic?

Anyone that thinks they are going to contact trace me is gravely mistaken and will be advised of such in the most terse terminology. Anyone that knows me knows not to put me down as a contact for tracing either, presumably because of my terse ways.

Point remains. Testing don't do actual jack to cure you and it does not really change your treatment regime.

Dolt Alert: So we can quit wiping down surfaces and disinfecting whole buildings, shopping cart handles and whole planes now? I suppose you are now saying is it OK-fine to touch our faces and such. What the heck was all that hub-bub about washing hands anyway? All those studies about surface longevity of the virus was just a bunch of inebriated fools putzing around on calculators?!? Well... actually that last line may be turning out to be a more accurate then I had hoped. But still....

Stuff your wishes. Wearing a mask creates risks to healthy people, especially flimsy cloth ones that get stuffed in your pocket and reused repeatedly. The Surgeon General told you, Dr Fauci told you, Dr Birx told you. If there is one good thing that may come of this, I hope it is people will be comfortable wearing a mask in public when they are mildly sick. But I doubt our culture will even except that but instead want to treat them as a pariah or harbinger of pestilence.
Addressing your points -

If I've got a cough and a mild fever for a few days I'm not going to stay home from work and isolate myself until two weeks after symptoms disappear unless I test positive. So maybe that's a difference between you and me. A lot of people are asymptomatic, and tracing and testing can track some of them down. In my community on average the health department traces 10 contacts for each coronavirus patient. If I were one of those contacts I'd want to be tested, so I wouldn't go around passing the disease onto others if I've got it.

Countries where people wore masks at the start have had a very low number of fatalities from this, for example,

Japan - 6 deaths per million
South Korea - 5 deaths per million
Taiwan - 0.3 deaths per million
Hong Kong - 0.5 deaths per million

All these places had direct flights to Wuhan. Hong Kong is the most densely packed city in the world.

Compare to the USA, with 300 deaths per million.

Some countries in central Europe require that people wear masks. Although they got started later than the Asians, they've had great success -- see Figure 6 on page 12 of this,

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2004.13553.pdf

As to methods of transmission, you'd be wise to continue hand washing, etc. This is a good read,

https://www.livescience.com/how-covi...on-routes.html

They describe a case in Singapore that may have been transferred by contact. There's another case, very similar, on a bus in China, where someone transmitted the disease to about 8 or 9 people on the same bus ride. Then the bus empties and someone new boards it and catches the coronavirus, presumably from contact. These two cases would appear to indicate the people caught the disease through contact, but it could have been aerosolized so that they caught it through the air instead. We really don't know, but the CDC is now saying that contact is probably not the primary way the disease is transmitted.

It wouldn't be surprising if Fauci, Brix or the Surgeon General said don't wear masks earlier on. They didn't want the general public wearing masks because they thought it reduced the number available to hospitals and clinics. They're all on the same page now, and they all say wear a mask.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 09:39 AM   #60
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Wash your damned hands and don't touch your damned face

Quote:
...If I've got a cough and a mild fever for a few days I'm not going to stay home from work and isolate myself until two weeks after symptoms disappear unless I test positive. So maybe that's a difference between you and me...
That right there is the crux of your problem. You are sick and you know it. Yet you won't wear a mask in public and avoid people in general unless someone tells you to and only if it's COVID. What if it's SARS or Ebola or influenza or ...or...?

Quote:
...A lot of people are asymptomatic, and tracing and testing can track some of them down...
Asymptomatic? Meaning they don't even have a clue that they are sick. And your solution is to "hunt" them down?!? I may have mentioned my terseness propensity previously, though I may have failed to mention how I react when someone has the brilliant idea of "hunting" me down and forcing a test or some measure of enforcement or forcing the "cure" upon me.

Quote:
..In my community on average the health department traces 10 contacts for each coronavirus patient. If I were one of those contacts I'd want to be tested, so I wouldn't go around passing the disease onto others if I've got it....
Maybe you need a 1-800 for that. How about 1-800-GOT-SHEEP? Though sheep do prefer to remain in a head. I wonder what immunity they might have there. I can tell you of the county of the Socialist City of Austin, versus an adjoining county and the differences in "compliance". But I'll just say it's comical and leave it at that.

Quote:
Countries where people wore masks at the start have had a very low number of fatalities from this, for example, Japan - 6 deaths per million...
For brevity, I'll take a fast swipe with Japan only. The culture there is different. They are more prone to go to a Doctor there sooner. In old school Japanese medicine, they have a strong relationship with their Doctor - almost to a point where if they do get sick, it's as much the Doctor's fault as their own. (over generalization perhaps). They do put on a mask, for weeks, while they are symptomatic with about anything. They are also rather fastidious about hygiene in general and their diet is substantially different than ours in many ways, assuming you don't mind smelling like fish heads, garlic and onions all the time.

Specific to COVID, the short version is they are lieing. At best, willfully ignorant. They hardly do any testing, especially after death. They kept their economy going and focused on hot spots only (this looks more prudent than most originally had thought). They have great revere for their large elderly population and put measures in place quickly for them, compared to NYC where they forced infected people into close confinement with them - to disastrous results.

Back to Japanese commerce for a second. Yup, they put on masks and carried on, with notable exceptions around four focus areas - large crowds, poor ventilation, limited spacing and old people. Oh, and they cleaned their trains and subways, unlike NYC which waited for months to address. Back to lieing again. Why did they do that? Tokyo Olympics 2020. Remember that? Remember how long they waited to pull the plug on that? Sort of reminiscent of that Chocolate Mayor in New Orleans ahead of Katrina - who didn't want to scare away the tourist $$.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women