Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 260
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160185
Yssup Rider59820
gman4452821
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47409
pyramider46370
bambino40245
CryptKicker37047
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 05-25-2020, 08:40 AM   #61
oeb11
Valued Poster

Thank u - Little a - quoting WacomPost like the "Band" j66 - they post nonsense and Lies - they have no credibility.

You misconstrue and misquote ioaniddis article.

usual DPST twisted and tortured data until they get the result they wanted in the first place.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 04:52 PM   #62
LexusLover
Valued Poster

[QUOTE=adav8s28;1062069144]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Where did you get these figures, not to mention the terminology?

1=1QUOTE

The Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...-cases-deaths/
Yesterday, I saw Mike Wallace Jr using some graphs showing an increase in "reported cases" of Covid19 since the governor of the state "opened up" the businesses in the state (with certain protocols of course) to "prove" that opening up businesses (even with protocols) was increasing the CASES of Covid19 in that state.

(We are talking about stats!)

The Governor had to explain to Junior that the increase was based on the increased testing that had occurred as a requirement for the increased business activity, because now they had more tests and returns on tests available than previously .... the increased testing had nothing to do with the business activity causing more "CASES"! The increased testing was merely finding more persons showing signs of having been exposed to the virus (the tests were taken before the businesses were opened up~!)

Junior wanted to change the subject! He was smiling any more.

You might want to also.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:14 PM   #63
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post

Do you (personally) determine the death rate by firearm based on the number of firearm owners? or do you use total population when determining a percentage?

Trump has saved 330 million U.S. citizens.
You are making an apples to oranges comparison.

The death rate of CV19 = Number of CV19 deaths/ Total # infected

The percentage of Americans that die from being infected by CV19 or die from being shot with a firearm is a different calculation.

Percentage of americans that die from something = # deaths/total population.

Trump did not save 330,000,000 people. The corona virus will not kill 330,000,000 million people even if the government implemented zero social distance concepts.

You can't have it both ways. You can't say the death rate of CV19 is less than 1% and then claim that Trump saved 330 million people by putting in social distance concepts.

The only way you could say that Trump saved 330 million people, the death rate for CV19 would have to be 100%. Anyone who gets infected with CV19 dies from it. That is not the case.
adav8s28 is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:35 PM   #64
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adav8s28 View Post
You are making an apples to oranges comparison.

The death rate of CV19 = Number of CV19 deaths/ Total # infected

The percentage of Americans that die from being infected by CV19 or die from being shot with a firearm is a different calculation.

Percentage of americans that die from something = # deaths/total population.

Trump did not save 330,000,000 people. The corona virus will not kill 330,000,000 million people even if the government implemented zero social distance concepts.

You can't have it both ways. You can't say the death rate of CV19 is less than 1% and then claim that Trump saved 330 million people by putting in social distance concepts.

The only way you could say that Trump saved 330 million people, the death rate for CV19 would have to be 100%. Anyone who gets infected with CV19 dies from it. That is not the case.
Silly Adav8s28. Perception is what’s important, not the truth. If you perceive President Trump saved 330 million American lives you’ll probably vote for him.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:03 AM   #65
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

A world redrawn: US coronavirus response fatally 'chaotic,' says Noam Chomsky

https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/...-chomsky-.html

Quote:
The president himself has said that it's none of his business. He's said that the federal government can't do anything.

Nothing really matters except his personal power and gain. Of course he has to maintain the support of his primary constituency, which is great wealth and corporate power.

There's 90,000 deaths and there will be a lot more.... There's no coordinated plan.

eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:43 AM   #66
oeb11
Valued Poster

Thank U - 9500- "Noam Chomsky" - the Communist who is the only person on Earth more senile than Biden?
As an authoritative reference ???
Who with Sanders and AOC reconstitute the American Communist Party??

Just like pretty boy ysl - Hardly !
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 09:36 AM   #67
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default How's your CDC numbers doing these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adav8s28 View Post
You are making an apples to oranges comparison....
No they are not. But you keep trying to make an apples to a '59 Ford pickup truck alternator comparison. But you are in luck today, because regardless, your ballyhooed numbers just took a dive and are down for the hard count.

Below are two articles, with some interesting revelations and appears the CDC has yet another Mea Culpa to swallow. Essentially: what happens if the infection rate is already nearing 50% and that group is still alive? Short answer is: The infection fatality rate (IFR), which is where you try to hang your hat, is skewed by 50-85 times what you thought it was. Keep an eye peeled for what it is for those under 60 years old.

CDC Confirms Remarkably Low Death Rate - Media Chooses To Ignore COVID-19 Realities

Most people are more likely to wind up six feet under because of almost anything else under the sun other than COVID-19.

The CDC just came out with a report that should be earth-shattering to the narrative of the political class, yet it will go into the thick pile of vital data and information about the virus that is not getting out to the public.

For the first time, the CDC has attempted to offer a real estimate of the overall death rate for COVID-19, and under its most likely scenario, the number is 0.26%.

Officials estimate a 0.4% fatality rate among those who are symptomatic and project a 35% rate of asymptomatic cases among those infected, which drops the overall infection fatality rate (IFR) to just 0.26% - almost exactly where Stanford researchers pegged it a month ago.

Until now, we have been ridiculed for thinking the death rate was that low, as opposed to the 3.4% estimate of the World Health Organization, which helped drive the panic and the lockdowns. Now the CDC is agreeing to the lower rate in plain ink...

Also, look for the Twatter from Gummi Bear in the article. Gives some bearing on what the net increase is, by age group, of mortality overall.

The Stanford article (source) mentioned in the above:

Horowitz: New antibody study is strong evidence that the lockdown strategy is the wrong course

How can you stop the spread of a virus that has already spread to every corner of the country, to some degree, for months? And if it was already this widespread, doesn’t it mean the fatality rate of the virus is much lower than what the media and politicians have been warning about in justification of martial law, jailbreak policies, and a total shutdown of our economy?

The answer to these questions has devastating implications for the lockdown strategy employed by Western governments in combating the spread of COVID-19, as opposed to the balanced approach of most Asian countries. A new Stanford antibody study, as well as information from around the country and the globe, now contradicts the entire premise of our government’s strategy in dealing with the SARS-2 coronavirus...
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 01:52 PM   #68
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post

The Stanford article (source) mentioned in the above:
Would that be this Stanford article, that came up with a 1.04% infection fatality rate,

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....11.20098780v1
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:16 PM   #69
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default USA vs the World

Nope. Different dates, locations and authors. The one from April, covering USA, Santa Clara in particular, which was linked within the second article.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....14.20062463v2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Would that be this Stanford article, that came up with a 1.04% infection fatality rate,

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....11.20098780v1
Old 05-27-2020, 11:15 AM   #70
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Could have saved 99.998% of people with one teensey thing

While we should all still blame and ultimately hold China accountable for zero heads up on the Chinese virus leaving from Wuhan, China, we have now come to find out that we could have saved most people from dieing with one, single, solitary thing - protecting old people in institutional settings and practically little else. That's it! Period. End! Stop!

Based on latest data, i.e. updated figures from CDC and around the world, we have learned that the infection rate is much higher than previously thought and the absolute #1 worst thing you could possibly do is to put Covid positive patients into an old people's presence, much less a retirement facility. This begs the obvious question: Are Governors Inslee, Cuomo and Murphy going to hold hands while they leap from the top of the Empire State building?

BTW: We would still have record low unemployment and a rip'n economy with just a small mess on the pavement below the Empire State building.

A very good article worth reading in it's entirety. Please do.
How Fear, Groupthink Drove Unnecessary Global Lockdowns
In the face of a novel virus threat, China clamped down on its citizens. Academics used faulty information to build faulty models. Leaders relied on these faulty models. Dissenting views were suppressed. The media flamed fears and the world panicked.

That is the story of what may eventually be known as one of the biggest medical and economic blunders of all time. The collective failure of every Western nation, except one, to question groupthink will surely be studied by economists, doctors, and psychologists for decades to come.

To put things in perspective, the virus is now known to have an infection fatality rate for most people under 65 that is no more dangerous than driving 13 to 101 miles per day. Even by conservative estimates, the odds of COVID-19 death are roughly in line with existing baseline odds of dying in any given year...

...Yet we put billions of young healthy people under house arrest, stopped cancer screenings, and sunk ourselves into the worst level of unemployment since the Great Depression. This from a virus that bears a survival rate of 99.99% if you are a healthy individual under 50 years old (1, 2).
New York City reached over a 25% infection rate and yet 99.98% of all people in the city under 45 survived, making it comparable to death rates by normal accidents...

Hope they LiveStream Governors Inslee, Cuomo, Murphy and Xi Xiping holding hands while they leap from the top of the Empire State building
Old 05-30-2020, 05:23 AM   #71
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default 80%+ deaths in nursing homes

Looking like upwards of 80%+ of COVID deaths are nursing home related. Though Michigan won't or can't report theirs accurately yet. Says it's because of reporting anomalies. Yea, right.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:06 PM   #72
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Is that a chick or a dude?? Seriously.

Both.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:58 PM   #73
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

and most of them who died are black
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 03:13 AM   #74
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
and most of them who died are black
It's the underlying poor health conditions that are aggravated. Recent discussions of Covid19 seem to be leaning toward the virus attacking the blood, and if that is the case there may be more issues among the Black community regarding blood condition issues.

Black female obesity seems to be epidemic in this country. I buy grocery items principally at two different stores operated and patronized primarily by Blacks. Trying to find healthy, low-cal, low or free sugar items on the shelf is a challenge. When I ask about certain items that fall into those categories I am informed by store employees of those CHAIN STORES: "We" discontinued those items and don't carry them anymore! (Still plenty of Twinkies) I go to another store in that chain not far away: items on shelf and the Twinkies are difficult to find.
LexusLover is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women