Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160204
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452833
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40262
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 05-22-2020, 06:36 AM   #16
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

And don't forget Florida. Trump won by 1.2% in 2016. In 2018 Republican Scott won the Senate seat by .2% and Repubican DeSantis won the governor seat by .4%. Obama won Florida by .9% in 2012.

I don't think anyone can predict what will happen in Florida in 2020 with a high level of confidence.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:26 AM   #17
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Don't forget Arizona. Elected a Democrat for Senator in 2018 and it looks like Democrat Kelly will beat Republican McSally to win the other Senate seat. Romney won Arizona by 10.1% in 2012 and Trump won it by 3.5% in 2016. The state is turning more blue every day. Very good chance Biden wins here.
Sad state of affairs, really.

Why Asians vote for the party of affirmative action makes no sense, considering Asians are richer and better educated than whites, and essentially are harmed by affirmative action in favor of blacks.

Hispanics hating Republicans based upon their perception that we are racist makes more sense, though I think the hard working Hispanic laborers who support their families should reconsider. I doubt massive immigration from Mexico is really in their interest.
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:30 AM   #18
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Quote:
And don't forget Florida. Trump won by 1.2% in 2016. In 2018 Republican Scott won the Senate seat by .2% and Repubican DeSantis won the governor seat by .4%. Obama won Florida by .9% in 2012.

I don't think anyone can predict what will happen in Florida in 2020 with a high level of confidence.
You are correct again. Hopefully, DeSantis can leverage his efforts in favor of freedom, and point to the fact that in spite of having a massive number of NYC retirees, his reported actions to protect Seniors was vastly superior to NYC.

Do you think Florida would have done as well balancing freedom versus infection control if the gay guy had won the race?
Old 05-22-2020, 07:34 AM   #19
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
it looks like Democrat Kelly will beat Republican McSally to win the other Senate seat.
I just like mcsally

Raju approached the Arizona Republican on Capitol Hill about President Trump's impeachment trial, but the senator had no desire to speak to the network and shut him down immediately.

"Manu, you're a liberal hack. I'm not talking to you," McSally said before cutting into a side room.

She claimed she was simply calling out CNN for what they are -- a biased arm of the Democratic party.

"I'm a fighter pilot. I just speak plainly.Of course CNN's a bunch of liberal hacks, right? They decided to escalate... I wasn't emotional and broke under the pressure of CNN, which is just laughable. I just decided to call it like it was"
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:52 AM   #20
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly fred View Post
Sad state of affairs, really.

Why Asians vote for the party of affirmative action makes no sense, considering Asians are richer and better educated than whites, and essentially are harmed by affirmative action in favor of blacks.

Hispanics hating Republicans based upon their perception that we are racist makes more sense, though I think the hard working Hispanic laborers who support their families should reconsider. I doubt massive immigration from Mexico is really in their interest.

The Biden people are worried that Ole Joe hasn't done enough to win the Florida Hispanic vote.

https://www.miamiherald.com/article242844951.html

After months of Democrats’ hand-wringing about Joe Biden’s efforts to win over Hispanic voters in Florida and other 2020 battleground states, the party’s presumptive presidential nominee’s campaign this week hired a national senior Latino adviser, began to sharply attack President Donald Trump over the state’s Latino unemployment rate and moved to host regular Spanish-language virtual chats with Florida allies.

But Democratic activists still worry that Biden has done too little with Hispanic voters to take back the nation’s largest swing state from President Donald Trump. And some say that, soon, it may also be too late.

In the midterm elections, Democrats widely blamed narrow losses in races for governor and U.S. Senate on poor Hispanic outreach. Now, some strategists are concerned that Biden is making the same mistake. With less than six months to go until Election Day, the former vice president is preaching patience to frustrated grassroots activists who are questioning the campaign’s dedication to winning over minority voters in the state.

“It’s unclear whether the Biden campaign is going to invest in the levels necessary [to reach Hispanic voters] in a state like Florida, which is distressing to those of us on the ground here,” said Andrea Mercado, executive director of New Florida Majority, one of the state’s largest grassroots political organizations.

Even though polls have found Biden slightly ahead of Trump in Florida, the Hispanic vote could be critical.

With Trump holding strong among white voters — who comprise a majority of the state’s electorate — Biden must likely win a large share of Florida’s diverse Hispanic community if he wants to win in a consequential swing state where a few thousand votes can make or break a presidential campaign. And surveys published since March have found that his support among Hispanic voters is behind Hillary Clinton’s in 2016 — when Trump won Florida — and well below the 71% support captured nationally by President Barack Obama in a winning effort in 2012.

In March, a Univision poll found Trump had a 3-point lead over Biden, though 62% of Latino voters in Florida said they disapproved of Trump’s overall performance as president. In April, a Latino Decisions poll found Biden at 49% support nationally among Latino voters.

The struggle is a continuation of the Democratic presidential primary, when Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders’ campaign invested millions of dollars in states like Nevada and thumped the former vice president among Latino voters. Biden performed better among Florida’s diverse Hispanic population in the state’s March 17 primary. But in some ways his campaign is starting from scratch as the race moves to the general election and he is forced to reach out to voters outside the Democratic Party.

”They need to be gearing up and by June have infrastructure set up in Florida,” said Christian Ulvert, a Miami-based consultant who led Spanish-language media for Andrew Gillum’s unsuccessful 2018 Florida gubernatorial campaign.

It won’t be easy.

Chuck Rocha, a senior adviser to Sanders’ presidential campaign specializing in Latino mobilization, said reaching Hispanic voters in Florida is especially expensive and time-intensive. Rocha warned against adopting “the Bill Nelson model,” a reference to the 2018 U.S. Senate campaign of former Sen. Bill Nelson, who was blasted by other Democrats for doing too little to win over Hispanic voters, particularly Puerto Ricans. Nelson lost the race to Rick Scott by a few thousand votes following a recount.

“Whatever their program is for white voters, they should be spending double that” reaching Hispanics, Rocha said. “The Latino vote is always an afterthought for these campaigns. They don’t understand the nuances.”
Rocha said Biden needs to be on the radio in Miami, and should be reaching out to Puerto Ricans in Orlando, where many have a dim view of Trump but are also registering as independents. “They know they hate Donald Trump. They know they hate Republicans because of what Donald Trump did,” he said. “But they also want Democrats to tell them what they’re going to do.”

Tailoring unique messages to Florida’s Venezuelan, Colombian, Nicaraguan and other Latin American communities complicates the effort. And Biden has to contend with Trump’s support among Miami’s conservative Cuban-American exile community and his campaign’s accusations that the former vice president is soft on Latin America’s autocrats.

“The more Latinos get to know Biden and his record the more they’re going to realize he’s the wrong choice for America,” Mercedes Schlapp, a senior adviser to the Trump campaign, said in an interview.

Activists like Mercado worry that Biden is not just failing to spend the money to create a message on TV and social media that will speak to individual segments of the Hispanic community. He’s also at times failing to do the bare minimum in campaign events. Biden’s first visit to Florida as a candidate — before the statewide lockdown for the coronavirus — included a stop in Miami’s Little Havana. But when he kicked off a virtual tour of the country early this month by holding virtual events with allies in Jacksonville and Tampa — a relaunch of a new, online-only phase of the campaign amid the pandemic — Biden didn’t include an event for Hispanic voters.

“It wasn’t lost on me there wasn’t a specific Latino-focused event,” Mercado said in a recent interview.
Mercado, though, is also among those encouraged at signs of life from the campaign.

This week, Biden hired Julie Chávez Rodríguez, the granddaughter of civil rights leader Cesar Chávez, to spearhead his Latino outreach campaign. The position had been vacant for six months, following the departure of Vanessa Cardenas, reportedly over frustration at a lack of commitment to win over Latinos. Chávez Rodríguez joins Biden’s National Latino Outreach Director Laura Jiménez, who is Dominican and a Palm Beach County native, and other advisors such as former Latino Victory Fund head Cristobal Alex and former deputy assistant secretary of state Juan Gonzalez.

And Mercado will participate in a Charla con Biden event Saturday, one session of a three-part Latin conversation series aimed at Florida supporters. Similar virtual chats were already launched in Arizona and Colorado, two states where the former vice president lagged behind Sanders with the Hispanic vote. The round-table discussion in Florida, which is open to the public, will include panelists like Miami Sen. Annette Taddeo and Kissimmee Sen. Victor Torres.

Biden’s campaign has also hosted several events in recent days aimed specifically at Florida’s Hispanic voters and the economic crisis caused by the coronavirus pandemic — a vast public health crisis that has complicated Biden’s ability to campaign in Florida but also has undercut Trump’s message of economic prosperity.

“I’m pretty confident the next job report, I hope I’m dead wrong, that the Latino unemployment rate will probably be more like 20%,” Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez,noting the current 19% unemployment rate for Hispanics, told reporters Thursday in a conference call about the struggles of Florida’s Hispanic community. “That’s the reality of this Trump economy.”

Biden also has an opportunity to pick a Latina for his running mate. “No question. It would make a difference in Florida for sure,” said Henry Muñoz, former finance director for the DNC, who said he’s been in contact with the Biden campaign and consistently “reminds” its leadership that there are several Latinas who would be up for the job.
Also unclear to Democratic strategists and activists who spoke to the Miami Herald: whether Biden will make a significant investment in an ad campaign targeting Hispanic voters. Newsweek reported this month that the campaign was preparing to launch a $55 million outreach effort to Latino voters, but the campaign disputed the figure after publication.
When asked about the report by the Miami Herald, the Biden campaign did not comment on its accuracy.

“We are competing for every vote in the community — men and women — and are in the process of building out and scaling up our efforts to do so,” Isabel Aldunate, Biden’s deputy director of strategic communications and Hispanic media press secretary, said in a statement.
Aldunate added that the campaign is working on a “robust and thoughtful” paid media plan, “but we are being smart and judicious to ensure we get it right.”

Two Democratic consultants who spoke to the Miami Herald said Biden still has time to mobilize an ad campaign aimed at Florida’s Hispanic voters, noting that Obama’s ads weren’t on air in 2008 until June. But in 2012, Obama began his Hispanic messaging campaign in February. And former Congressman Joe Garcia, a former head of the Miami-Dade Democratic Party and the chairman of the Cuban American National Foundation, noted that Obama repeatedly visited Florida and Miami in 2007 and 2008, specifically touching on issues of Latin America diplomacy and Cuban-America relations during speeches, including one on May 20, Cuban Independence Day.

“The idea that [Obama] just got started late is a misunderstanding of what was going on,” said Garcia.

Still, even critics of the Biden campaign’s efforts noted that the Democratic National Committee and Florida Democratic Party bear responsibility as well for reaching out to voters, and the two organizations have been working since 2019 to create deeper ties to minority neighborhoods. Garcia noted that the party is now being managed by Executive Director Juan Peñalosa, a Hispanic, South Florida strategist.

The FDP has also made improvements to its Latino outreach since 2018, including launching a regular Spanish-language program on Actualidad Radio, one of the largest Spanish AM radio stations in South Florida. The state party’s leadership, which Peñalosa said is also majority Hispanic, has been ramping up outreach in the past year and half, investing in local media buys.

“We have Hispanic outreach here,” Peñalosa insisted. “I think a lot of people just aren’t connecting the dots.”
HedonistForever is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:32 AM   #21
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Another save for the archive!

Back to the real topic ... Biden will now get labeled as a "RACIST"! He'll have to pick a female! Or....
His inner circle are probably thinking......”why the fuck did that senile old bastard have to open his mouth”?
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:37 AM   #22
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Joe might be looking to pick a White Woman.. that New Hampshire Senator just took herself out of play, Kobluchar is next up for vetting. I think Amy might be the best choice.. her calm and reasonable demeanor is a needed contrast.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:37 AM   #23
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
His inner circle are probably thinking......”why the fuck did that senile old bastard have to open his mouth”?
Why the fuck does his wife get to preempt him in his fucking low rent basement studio when he is the nominee of the Democratic party for the Presidency of the USA?

They can't afford a second camera?

Cheap bastards! (Or broke?)
Old 05-22-2020, 11:38 AM   #24
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
Joe might be looking to pick a White Woman.. that New Hampshire Senator just took herself out of play, Kobluchar is next up for vetting. I think Amy might be the best choice.. her calm and reasonable demeanor is a needed contrast.
She is a good choice but your dream girl (looks wise) Stacy Abrams is going to cry racism!
Old 05-22-2020, 11:40 AM   #25
Chung Tran
BANNED

what is Jill Biden known for, other than being "Dr." Jill Biden? wondering why the Press wants her input?
Old 05-22-2020, 11:43 AM   #26
Chung Tran
BANNED

Quote:
She is a good choice but your dream girl (looks wise) Stacy Abrams is going to cry racism!
Ha!

no, she is not my dream girl.. not because of size though.

I think Biden should choose Kobluchar SOON, and announce it.. let her kind of take over the campaign. she is so much more articulate and steady.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:47 PM   #27
oeb11
Valued Poster

There we go- the party (DPST) of diversity and plantation identity Politics dumps Stacy abrams - who still complains she is the rightful governor of georgia - in favor of white klobuchar.

Like the last set of DPST debates - "Lily White" Leaders.

The DPST "Racism" is on display - and they are 'right proud" to be there.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 02:33 PM   #28
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
Ha!

no, she is not my dream girl.. not because of size though.

I think Biden should choose Kobluchar SOON, and announce it.. let her kind of take over the campaign. she is so much more articulate and steady.
I think they would be better off with Duckworth but I think this Klobachar is an effort to not be too radical.

I like the steady remark!
Old 05-22-2020, 05:31 PM   #29
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Would you fuck her?
You shouldn't put people on the spot like that ... in public.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:33 PM   #30
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
If they have to ask they shouldn't be in the "inner circle"!

LexusLover is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women