Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70372
biomed160247
Yssup Rider59828
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47408
pyramider46370
bambino40269
CryptKicker37060
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 05-22-2020, 08:03 AM   #1
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5
Default Voter Fraud is a Republican Voter Suppression Tactic

Voting fraud doesn't exist, according to the Democrats.

Oops - turns out this Democratic Judge of Elections stuffed the ballot box for the Democrats!

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ff-ballot-box/

"A former Judge of Elections in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, has been charged and pleaded guilty to illegally adding votes for Democrat candidates in judicial races in 2014, 2015, and 2016.

On Thursday, the Department of Justice (DOJ) announced charges against former Judge of Elections Domenick DeMuro, 73, for stuffing the ballot box for Democrats in exchange for payment by a paid political consultant."
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:50 AM   #2
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Your first statement is untrue in my opinion. I know of no one who does not admit that voter fraud exists in this country and should be stopped.

The question is to what extent does voter fraud exist and how can it impact elections. I would say the lower one goes in the government hierarchy -- federal, state, local -- the more of an impact voter fraud could have on the outcome of an election. There is very little, if any, information that voter fraud exists in any extreme way and most research done on the subject finds very few cases of voter fraud over many years.

https://www.brennancenter.org/sites/...Fraud_Myth.pdf

As I said before, due to my age I am allowed to vote by mail. In order for someone to vote in my stead, they would have to know I can vote by mail, get into my house and find the ballot and get it out of my house without my knowledge, and then vote differently than I would in order to change anything. The person would also have to forge my signature, a signature which is checked sometimes multiple times to ensure correctness. Highly unlikely scenario.

On the other hand:

"Voting by mail makes it easier to commit fraud, intimidate voters, and destroy the protections of the secret ballot. It puts elections into the hands of the Postal Service. Without the oversight of election and polling officials, ballots can be lost, disqualified, and even stolen."

https://www.heritage.org/election-in...-fraud-america
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:37 AM   #3
winn dixie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

lulac or wtf they call themselves are huge ballot pickers and stuffers! Well known in Arizona!
libs been cheating since before lbj. he had dead messcans voting for him in south texas
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:39 AM   #4
winn dixie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

I say id required to vote and allow ZERO mail in ballots. PERIOD!
Many blue areas would flip to red/purple
Especially kaliforia
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:14 AM   #5
oeb11
Valued Poster

LBJ in texas elections - well accepted about the Democrats cheating.

Or the election manager in Palm beach County in fla - I think she got off scott free -unless someone has an update.

the DPST's survive on treachery, Lies, and fraud.

Now that the cover is off the Obamagate scandal to imprison Flynn to keep him from uncovering their crimes - it will be interesting to see what Durham does.

Elitist, Arrogant, Democrats have been riding rough-shod over willfully violating criminal statutes - and getting away with it for long enough.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:28 AM   #6
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
LBJ in texas elections - well accepted about the Democrats cheating.

Or the election manager in Palm beach County in fla - I think she got off scott free -unless someone has an update.

the DPST's survive on treachery, Lies, and fraud.

Now that the cover is off the Obamagate scandal to imprison Flynn to keep him from uncovering their crimes - it will be interesting to see what Durham does.

Elitist, Arrogant, Democrats have been riding rough-shod over willfully violating criminal statutes - and getting away with it for long enough.
Yes they have.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:29 AM   #7
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Your first statement is untrue in my opinion. I know of no one who does not admit that voter fraud exists in this country and should be stopped.

The question is to what extent does voter fraud exist and how can it impact elections. I would say the lower one goes in the government hierarchy -- federal, state, local -- the more of an impact voter fraud could have on the outcome of an election. There is very little, if any, information that voter fraud exists in any extreme way and most research done on the subject finds very few cases of voter fraud over many years.

https://www.brennancenter.org/sites/...Fraud_Myth.pdf

As I said before, due to my age I am allowed to vote by mail. In order for someone to vote in my stead, they would have to know I can vote by mail, get into my house and find the ballot and get it out of my house without my knowledge, and then vote differently than I would in order to change anything. The person would also have to forge my signature, a signature which is checked sometimes multiple times to ensure correctness. Highly unlikely scenario.

On the other hand:

"Voting by mail makes it easier to commit fraud, intimidate voters, and destroy the protections of the secret ballot. It puts elections into the hands of the Postal Service. Without the oversight of election and polling officials, ballots can be lost, disqualified, and even stolen."

https://www.heritage.org/election-in...-fraud-america
Well, we might as well have the Republicans search for voter fraud while Trump is in office, since the Democrats don't seem to think it is worth looking for since they have never found any - possibly because they didn't try to hard too find it.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:53 PM   #8
oeb11
Valued Poster

Add- they want Not to Find It!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 02:17 PM   #9
gnadfly
Account Disabled

I wonder whatever happened to Brenda Snipes.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 02:32 PM   #10
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
I wonder whatever happened to Brenda Snipes.
Hopefully jail time if she committed voting fraud.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:44 PM   #11
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly fred View Post
Voting fraud doesn't exist, according to the Democrats.

Oops - turns out this Democratic Judge of Elections stuffed the ballot box for the Democrats!

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ff-ballot-box/

"A former Judge of Elections in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, has been charged and pleaded guilty to illegally adding votes for Democrat candidates in judicial races in 2014, 2015, and 2016.

On Thursday, the Department of Justice (DOJ) announced charges against former Judge of Elections Domenick DeMuro, 73, for stuffing the ballot box for Democrats in exchange for payment by a paid political consultant."
+1

"Prosecutors said fraudulent ballots added by DeMuro represented 22% of the total votes cast in his in 2014." DeMuro was caught submitting over 100 fraudulent votes over the course of those election cycles. Here's another 193 fraudulent votes:

Quote:
Southfield city clerk charged with 6 felonies tied to November election

Detroit — Southfield City Clerk Sherikia L. Hawkins was charged Monday with six felony counts over "unauthorized and inaccurate" changes to absentee ballots in the November 2018 election.

Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel and Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson made a joint announcement of the charges in Detroit, calling it a "rare" case.

"Voting is fundamental to the very essence of our democracy," Nessel said during a Monday news conference. "It is incumbent upon state governments to safeguard the electoral process and ensure that every voter's right to cast a ballot is protected."

Sherikia L. Hawkins (Photo: Michigan State Police)

Allegations that Hawkins altered 193 absentee voter records came to light during the 14-day canvass following the election. Benson said the Oakland County Clerk’s Office reported with the Bureau of Elections "the potential for these irregularities and from there we began our investigation."

Hawkins' alleged actions, did not alter the outcome of any election, Benson stressed, and "there were no voters that were disenfranchised."

"All valid votes in the election were ultimately counted and the final official vote total was accurate," Benson said.

Hawkins, a Democrat who just a few months ago was honored by the state party with the Dingell/Levin Award at its Legacy Dinner in Detroit, could not be reached Monday at her office for comment or a number listed in public records. Her attorney also could not be reached.

The potential misconduct was referred to Michigan State Police for an investigation. Benson on Monday released few details, citing the ongoing criminal case.

After taking office in January, Benson and Nessel, both Democrats, wanted to make sure the state's elections were protected from "every conceivable threat," Nessel said.

"Every citizen must know that when they enter the ballot box, the vote that they cast will be counted and that the collective will of the voters will be carried out," Nessel said.

Hawkins,38, was arraigned Monday in 46th District Court in Southfield on the charges, which include election law-falsifying returns or records, forgery of a public record, misconduct in office and multiple counts of using a computer to commit a crime.

Forgery of a public record is a 14-year offense, Nessel said.

According to an affidavit filed by Michigan State Police Detective Sgt. Larissa LaMay, the lead investigator of the election fraud complaint, Oakland County Elections Director Joseph Rozell began working to certify the city's absentee precincts after the election.

When an absentee ballot arrives into a clerk's office, it is logged into the Qualified Voter File. The clerk then checks to make sure the file entries are valid.

Rozell "contacted Hawkins when he noticed that ballot summary sheets were blank," LaMay's report notes.

Rozell, after questioning Hawkins about her ballot sheets, said it appeared "that the ballot return dates for voters were added or removed from the report in order to force the reports to balance to the number of ballots tabulated for each precinct on Election Night."

"It appears that Hawkins had switched her original reports with altered reports," LaMay wrote.

The report notes that 193 absentee voter "Qualified Voter Files" were altered in the computer system. The records show that Hawkins' computer and unique name "made the alterations in the computer system to the QVF for these voters," the complaint says.

Rozell was not available for comment.

Benson said she sent a letter to Hawkins on Monday, saying that the pending charges compromise her ability to administer the upcoming Nov. 5 city election. In the interim, she said, the state's Bureau of Elections with work with staff in the Southfield clerk's office to handle all administration of elections in the city.

(The Detroit News)
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:34 AM   #12
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly fred View Post
Well, we might as well have the Republicans search for voter fraud while Trump is in office, since the Democrats don't seem to think it is worth looking for since they have never found any - possibly because they didn't try to hard too find it.
No one has found voter fraud to be prevelant, Republican or Democrat. Since this is more a Republican issue than a Democrat issue, I would think that Republicans would be pushing hard to find instances of widespread voter fraud. They can't because it simply does not exist other than some singular incidents or back in the "good, old days".
Old 05-23-2020, 06:43 AM   #13
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
+1

"Prosecutors said fraudulent ballots added by DeMuro represented 22% of the total votes cast in his in 2014." DeMuro was caught submitting over 100 fraudulent votes over the course of those election cycles. Here's another 193 fraudulent votes:
To repeat -- voter fraud exists in this country. Unfortunately. But not anywhere close to the level that Republicans are claiming it is or would be. A few isolated cases over many decades with the majority being at the local level. Widespread voter fraud is just another Trump lie that his supporters automatically buy into without any evidence to support it.

Trump’s Latest Voter Fraud Misinformation
There is no evidence to back up Trump’s blanket claim that “mailed ballots are corrupt.” Voting experts say the president is exaggerating when he says mail ballots are “fraudulent in many cases.” While the instances of voter fraud via mail-in or absentee ballots are more common than in-person voting fraud, the number of known cases is relatively rare.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/tr...isinformation/

"Mail ballots — they cheat. OK? People cheat," he said April 7. "There's a lot of dishonesty going along with mail-in voting."

There’s no evidence of widespread voter fraud in the United States, according to numerous investigations and studies. The president’s own voter fraud investigatory committee disbanded without producing evidence of any systemic issues.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...e-are-n1180566

Trump recycles evidence-free charge of California voter fraud

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics...a-15193479.php
Old 05-23-2020, 07:51 AM   #14
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

Lots of fraud isn’t actually fraud, more deception. I grew up near Mayview mental hospital, the Democratic machine would bus the wackjobs to the polls, giving them a picture of who to vote for as they stepped on the bus.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 07:56 AM   #15
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
To repeat -- voter fraud exists in this country. Unfortunately. But not anywhere close to the level that Republicans are claiming it is or would be. A few isolated cases over many decades with the majority being at the local level. Widespread voter fraud is just another Trump lie that his supporters automatically buy into without any evidence to support it.

Trump’s Latest Voter Fraud Misinformation
There is no evidence to back up Trump’s blanket claim that “mailed ballots are corrupt.” Voting experts say the president is exaggerating when he says mail ballots are “fraudulent in many cases.” While the instances of voter fraud via mail-in or absentee ballots are more common than in-person voting fraud, the number of known cases is relatively rare.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/tr...isinformation/

"Mail ballots — they cheat. OK? People cheat," he said April 7. "There's a lot of dishonesty going along with mail-in voting."

There’s no evidence of widespread voter fraud in the United States, according to numerous investigations and studies. The president’s own voter fraud investigatory committee disbanded without producing evidence of any systemic issues.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...e-are-n1180566

Trump recycles evidence-free charge of California voter fraud

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics...a-15193479.php
I show up to vote in every election

If other people are too lazy to do it, they are wasting their vote. People fought and died for the right to vote - so some effort on behalf of those eligible to vote is indicated and reasonable.

I agree not too many people have been convicted of voter fraud, but perhaps inadequate resources have been allotted to researching the situation.

This is a democracy and voting is important. Why don't we have a national vote on whether we should have to show up in person to vote?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women