Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70376
biomed160260
Yssup Rider59840
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47421
pyramider46370
bambino40273
CryptKicker37062
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35127
Mojojo33117

Old 05-23-2020, 09:09 AM   #16
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
To repeat -- voter fraud exists in this country. Unfortunately. But not anywhere close to the level that Republicans are claiming it is or would be. A few isolated cases over many decades with the majority being at the local level. Widespread voter fraud is just another Trump lie that his supporters automatically buy into without any evidence to support it.

Trump’s Latest Voter Fraud Misinformation
There is no evidence to back up Trump’s blanket claim that “mailed ballots are corrupt.” Voting experts say the president is exaggerating when he says mail ballots are “fraudulent in many cases.” While the instances of voter fraud via mail-in or absentee ballots are more common than in-person voting fraud, the number of known cases is relatively rare.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/tr...isinformation/

"Mail ballots — they cheat. OK? People cheat," he said April 7. "There's a lot of dishonesty going along with mail-in voting."

There’s no evidence of widespread voter fraud in the United States, according to numerous investigations and studies. The president’s own voter fraud investigatory committee disbanded without producing evidence of any systemic issues.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...e-are-n1180566

Trump recycles evidence-free charge of California voter fraud

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics...a-15193479.php
To repeat, Texas, Florida, and Michigan have all produced evidence that voter fraud is being perpetrated with mail-in ballots by the hundreds!

No one you cited is anything other than a left-wing, Marxist propaganda organ.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:43 AM   #17
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
To repeat, Texas, Florida, and Michigan have all produced evidence that voter fraud is being perpetrated with mail-in ballots by the hundreds!

No one you cited is anything other than a left-wing, Marxist propaganda organ.
Left-wing, Marxist propaganda organ? Give me a break. THe problem with you is that anytime factual information is given that is contrary to your biased opinion, iit is from a "left-wing, Marxist propaganda organ".
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:56 AM   #18
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly fred View Post

This is a democracy and voting is important. Why don't we have a national vote on whether we should have to show up in person to vote?
I have family members in nursing homes and other similar facilities who are very frail and going to the polls would be virtually impossible. As I stated, I am allowed to vote by mail and although I choose to go to the polls, I see no way my mail-in ballot could be compromised. Also, many people in this country do not have vehicles to get them to the polls. I have a family member in his 40s who lives in Brooklyn, NY who sold his car when he moved there. Now depends on mass transit to go almost anywhere.

As usual, the issue of whether or not to allow mail-in voting is very different by party. For some reason, younger voters prefer mail-in voting by a 3-1 margin in this poll:

Most Americans Favor Voting by Mail as Option in November

While most Americans (64%) favor their state allowing all voters to vote by mail or absentee ballot, differences arise among key demographic subgroups. Eighty-three percent of Democrats say they favor such a measure, but fewer than half as many Republicans, 40%, express the same sentiment. Sixty-eight percent of independents support state measures that would allow mail or absentee ballots, similar to the level among all Americans.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/310586/...-november.aspx
Old 05-23-2020, 10:09 AM   #19
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 23

Quote:
I have family members in nursing homes and other similar facilities who are very frail and going to the polls would be virtually impossible. As I stated, I am allowed to vote by mail and although I choose to go to the polls, I see no way my mail-in ballot could be compromised. Also, many people in this country do not have vehicles to get them to the polls. I have a family member in his 40s who lives in Brooklyn, NY who sold his car when he moved there. Now depends on mass transit to go almost anywhere.

As usual, the issue of whether or not to allow mail-in voting is very different by party. For some reason, younger voters prefer mail-in voting by a 3-1 margin in this poll:

While most Americans (64%) favor their state allowing all voters to vote by mail or absentee ballot, differences arise among key demographic subgroups. Eighty-three percent of Democrats say they favor such a measure, but fewer than half as many Republicans, 40%, express the same sentiment. Sixty-eight percent of independents support state measures that would allow mail or absentee ballots, similar to the level among all Americans.

Who cares! Mail in ballots jeopardize the integrity of the vote! If you cant make it to the polls one should wonder your state of mentality and sound judgement! This is another vote integrity issue!
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:57 AM   #20
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Left-wing, Marxist propaganda organ? Give me a break. THe problem with you is that anytime factual information is given that is contrary to your biased opinion, iit is from a "left-wing, Marxist propaganda organ".
You're comments actually reflect your innate predisposition to deny the facts. There is voter fraud, and the recent cases -- just those who have been caught and prosecuted -- factually demonstrate that a mere two people can have an out sized impact on an election by casting or cancelling literally hundreds of votes. And when there's an organization like the Daley Machine in Chicago -- ‘hobo floto voto’ -- the fraud in a single city can carry an entire state and give the election to someone who otherwise would have lost.
Old 05-23-2020, 12:48 PM   #21
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:

As do I - I take them (the old timers in my family) to the polling place.

I knew of another old timers facility that had their own bus to go to the polling place.

If someone can use public transportation to go to the store or his job, why can't he use public transportation to go vote?
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 03:47 PM   #22
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
You're comments actually reflect your innate predisposition to deny the facts. There is voter fraud, and the recent cases -- just those who have been caught and prosecuted -- factually demonstrate that a mere two people can have an out sized impact on an election by casting or cancelling literally hundreds of votes. And when there's an organization like the Daley Machine in Chicago -- ‘hobo floto voto’ -- the fraud in a single city can carry an entire state and give the election to someone who otherwise would have lost.
And yet you are unable to cite any studies done on the subject of voter fraud, and there have been many, that state that voter fraud has been prevalent at any time over many years. A few cases by a few people. Yes, it is certainly possible that just a few votes could turn even a federal election. Highly, highly unlikely.
Old 05-23-2020, 03:53 PM   #23
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly fred View Post
As do I - I take them (the old timers in my family) to the polling place.

I knew of another old timers facility that had their own bus to go to the polling place.

If someone can use public transportation to go to the store or his job, why can't he use public transportation to go vote?
Whether or not it is possible is somewhat irrelevant to me. If I feel like sending in my ballot by mail I will. The possibility of fraud is negligible in my opinion. If you and others believe mail-in voting is rampant with fraud, or that not going to a poll to vote is just wrong, we'll just have to disagree.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:08 PM   #24
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
And yet you are unable to cite any studies done on the subject of voter fraud, and there have been many, that state that voter fraud has been prevalent at any time over many years. A few cases by a few people. Yes, it is certainly possible that just a few votes could turn even a federal election. Highly, highly unlikely.
Cited three hundred instances of voter fraud in a mere two locations; plus, decades of voter fraud in Chicago. But dims just laugh and say, "Dirty Little Richie was just like his daddy."
Old 05-23-2020, 08:18 PM   #25
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Whether or not it is possible is somewhat irrelevant to me. If I feel like sending in my ballot by mail I will. The possibility of fraud is negligible in my opinion. If you and others believe mail-in voting is rampant with fraud, or that not going to a poll to vote is just wrong, we'll just have to disagree.
Not rampant with fraud, but enough fraud in the right place to steal a close election.
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:40 PM   #26
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Proof is in the CA-25 pudding

Quote:

Look no further than CA 25 Congressional primary couple weeks ago. It was mail-in only, until they saw the Demonicrat trailing badly. Then a burst of lighting cleared a hole through the dark clouds in the sky and polling places appeared in Demonirat dominated districts. But alas, too little too late.

Then there are the myriad of other countries, who happen to have higher voter turnout than us, who actually risk life and limb to get to a polling place to cast their vote. BTW: this has been going on for thousands of years. You heard about that guy born on Christmas eve about 2020 years ago? His folks were on their way to their designated polling place when he was born. I think they wrote a book about it, maybe even made a movie or two, along with some snappy show tunes even. Anyway, seems like the guy wet on to become a superstar or something.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:49 PM   #27
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Want some help with that old timer

Quote:

Oh, but not to worry old timer, they have a plan to send people, i.e. volunteers, aka operatives - paid for with your tax dollars - out to "assist" you with the "arduous and daunting", if not "laborious and tedious" filling out of that "confusing and complicated" ballot. They will even take it to the post office for you so you don't have to be "burdened" with participating in the whole affair. All of that with no verification of your identity. Here, let me fill that out for you. Mmmk? What could possibly go wrong?
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women