Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70382
biomed160286
Yssup Rider59846
gman4452863
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35144
Mojojo33117

Old 05-24-2020, 05:18 PM   #31
eccielover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
That's good, he's wise to stop taking it.
Yeah taking it according to his physician's recommendations and following the prescription through it's course of treatment. Seems pretty standard.
eccielover is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 05:48 PM   #32
oeb11
Valued Poster

May I rephrase. Medical decisions should not be based on Trump's opinions. Or the media, like the President's twitter feed.

Comment- Nor should medical decisions be made upon posters' opinions.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 06:35 PM   #33
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default What's new is old - all over again

Quote:
There's a new study out...

Me? I like the classics:

Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection and spread

Background
Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is caused by a newly discovered coronavirus (SARS-CoV). No effective prophylactic or post-exposure therapy is currently available.

Results
We report, however, that chloroquine has strong antiviral effects on SARS-CoV infection of primate cells. These inhibitory effects are observed when the cells are treated with the drug either before or after exposure to the virus, suggesting both prophylactic and therapeutic advantage. In addition to the well-known functions of chloroquine such as elevations of endosomal pH, the drug appears to interfere with terminal glycosylation of the cellular receptor, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2. This may negatively influence the virus-receptor binding and abrogate the infection, with further ramifications by the elevation of vesicular pH, resulting in the inhibition of infection and spread of SARS CoV at clinically admissible concentrations.

Conclusion
Chloroquine is effective in preventing the spread of SARS CoV in cell culture. Favorable inhibition of virus spread was observed when the cells were either treated with chloroquine prior to or after SARS CoV infection. In addition, the indirect immunofluorescence assay described herein represents a simple and rapid method for screening SARS-CoV antiviral compounds..

...Published online 2005 Aug 22

But when I wanna go all new-agey, I go with Sermo.com, because they poll thousands of Doctors world wide.

Please indicate which medications you are currently using to treat COVID-19 patients outside of the hospital (mild symptoms in community setting).

Azithromycin or similar antibiotics 49%

Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) or Chloroquine 33%

Vitamin C tablet 20%

Oxygen 20%

Steroids 18%

Anti-clotting / anticoagulants 18%

Vitamin D tablet 17%

Zinc 16%

Oseltamivir (Tamiflu) 12%

Anti-HIV drugs (e.g. Lopinavir plus Ritonavir – Kaletra) 8%

Other 8%

Remdesivir 7%

Colchicine 6%

Acyclovir 6%

Tocilizumab (Actemra) 6%

Ivermectin 6%

Plasma from patients who have recovered from COVID-19 (convalescent plasma) 5%

Vitamin C infused 5%

Traditional Chinese Medicine 5%

Please indicate which medications you are currently using to treat COVID-19 patients In the hospital (moderate-severe symptoms, excluding ICU patients).

Oxygen 58%

Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) or Chloroquine 52%

Anti-clotting / anticoagulants 44%

Steroids 37%

Remdesivir 26%

Please indicate which medications you are currently using to treat COVID-19 patients in the ICU (critical symptoms).

Oxygen 64%

Anti-clotting / anticoagulants 50%

Steroids 47%

Blood pressure / norepinephrine 43%

Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) or Chloroquine 43%

Azithromycin or similar antibiotics 40%

Remdesivir 33%

Tocilizumab (Actemra) 29%

Plasma from patients who have recovered from COVID-19 (convalescent plasma) 27%
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:59 PM   #34
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Me? I like the classics:

Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection and spread

Background
Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is caused by a newly discovered coronavirus (SARS-CoV). No effective prophylactic or post-exposure therapy is currently available.

Results
We report, however, that chloroquine has strong antiviral effects on SARS-CoV infection of primate cells. These inhibitory effects are observed when the cells are treated with the drug either before or after exposure to the virus, suggesting both prophylactic and therapeutic advantage. In addition to the well-known functions of chloroquine such as elevations of endosomal pH, the drug appears to interfere with terminal glycosylation of the cellular receptor, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2. This may negatively influence the virus-receptor binding and abrogate the infection, with further ramifications by the elevation of vesicular pH, resulting in the inhibition of infection and spread of SARS CoV at clinically admissible concentrations.

Conclusion
Chloroquine is effective in preventing the spread of SARS CoV in cell culture. Favorable inhibition of virus spread was observed when the cells were either treated with chloroquine prior to or after SARS CoV infection. In addition, the indirect immunofluorescence assay described herein represents a simple and rapid method for screening SARS-CoV antiviral compounds..

...Published online 2005 Aug 22

But when I wanna go all new-agey, I go with Sermo.com, because they poll thousands of Doctors world wide.

Please indicate which medications you are currently using to treat COVID-19 patients outside of the hospital (mild symptoms in community setting).

Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) or Chloroquine 33%

Vitamin C tablet 20%

Oxygen 20%

Steroids 18%

Anti-clotting / anticoagulants 18%

Vitamin D tablet 17%

Zinc 16%

Oseltamivir (Tamiflu) 12%

Anti-HIV drugs (e.g. Lopinavir plus Ritonavir – Kaletra) 8%

Other 8%

Remdesivir 7%

Colchicine 6%

Acyclovir 6%

Tocilizumab (Actemra) 6%

Ivermectin 6%

Plasma from patients who have recovered from COVID-19 (convalescent plasma) 5%

Vitamin C infused 5%

Traditional Chinese Medicine 5%

Please indicate which medications you are currently using to treat COVID-19 patients In the hospital (moderate-severe symptoms, excluding ICU patients).

Oxygen 58%

Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) or Chloroquine 52%

Anti-clotting / anticoagulants 44%

Steroids 37%

Remdesivir 26%

Please indicate which medications you are currently using to treat COVID-19 patients in the ICU (critical symptoms).

Oxygen 64%

Anti-clotting / anticoagulants 50%

Steroids 47%

Blood pressure / norepinephrine 43%

Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) or Chloroquine 43%

Azithromycin or similar antibiotics 40%

Remdesivir 33%

Tocilizumab (Actemra) 29%

Plasma from patients who have recovered from COVID-19 (convalescent plasma) 27%
Yeah, chloroquinine works in petri dishes and test tubes against the coronavirus. It also can cause

anxiety
attempts at killing oneself
back, leg, or stomach pains
black, tarry stools
bleeding gums
blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin
blood in the urine or stools
blurred or decreased vision
change in near or distance vision
chest discomfort or pain
chills
cold sweats
confusion
continuing ringing or buzzing or other unexplained noise in the ears
cough
dark urine
diarrhea
difficulty in focusing the eyes
difficulty with speaking
difficulty with swallowing
disturbed color perception
dizziness
dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
double vision
drooling
fast, slow, irregular, or pounding heartbeat
feeling that others are watching you or controlling your behavior
feeling that others can hear your thoughts
feeling, seeing, or hearing things that are not there
fever
general tiredness and weakness
halos around lights
headache
hearing loss
inability to move the eyes
increased blinking or spasms of the eyelid
joint or muscle pain
large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or sex organs
light-colored stools
loss of balance control
lower back or side pain
muscle trembling, jerking, or stiffness
muscular pain, tenderness, wasting, or weakness
night blindness
nausea
overbright appearance of lights
painful or difficult urination
pale skin
pinpoint red spots on the skin
puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
red skin lesions, often with a purple center
red, irritated eyes
restlessness
shuffling walk
skin rash, hives, or itching
sore throat
sores, ulcers, or white spots on the lips or in the mouth
sticking out of the tongue
stiffness of the limbs
sweating
swollen or painful glands
tightness in the chest
trouble breathing
tunnel vision
twitching, twisting, or uncontrolled repetitive movements of the tongue, lips, face, arms, or legs
uncontrolled movements, especially of the face, neck, and back
unusual bleeding or bruising
unusual tiredness or weakness
upper right abdominal or stomach pain
vomiting
yellow eyes and skin

This is why I decided not to take it when a physician wanted to prescribe it for me, to prevent malaria. And it is a proven prophylaxis for malaria. The paper in the original post provides strong evidence chloroquinine and hydroxychloroquine kill a lot more coronavirus patients than they save. Very few physicians will prescribe it going forward. According to eccielover, President Trump has stopped taking it.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:23 PM   #35
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccielover View Post
Yeah taking it according to his physician's recommendations and following the prescription through it's course of treatment. Seems pretty standard.
Whatever you say here isn't going to make an iota of difference in who wins the election. Do you really believe that? He stopped taking it because he was following the prescription through its course of treatment? He was taking the drug to prevent the disease. He would still be taking it today if the paper in Lancet hadn't come out.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:39 AM   #36
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Petri dishes with names

Quote:
Yeah, chloroquinine works in petri dishes and test tubes against the coronavirus...
Petri dishes with names and family members. Sermo is thousands of actual, currently working Doctors who are treating active COVID patients world-wide. Turns out they can also read studies about drugs and their effectiveness, risk factors and side effects and make informed decisions with their patients. Who knew?

We are talking about a drug that has been around for 60+ years, which can be safe for children of all ages and even pregnant mothers. Dosages, risk factors and side effects are well known to Doctors. But if you are into self flagellation, read the side effects and risk factors of any drug. As is the OBammy way, if you like your malaria, you can keep your malaria.

I'll consider going back and re-reviewing your link, but I'm not seeing where there is any depth to a study to make claims like that in short order for a drug with a 60+ year track record compared to people that are death's door step and then somehow conclude that it was the drug that pushed them over the threshold in the current environment. That reaks of politics and/or malpractice in a study. Why would Trump continue to talk about it given the hair on fire ridiculous BS he gets for anything he ever says? Though I do wonder if he says things for the expressed hair on fire reaction it will elicit. Puddy-tat meet laser pointer...

But be aware that the 2005 "petri dish" study was conducted under Dr Fauci's NIH and sat dormant for almost 15 years without further investigation. So they knew the virus attack vectors and had in their sights a way to create a barrier to it and it just sat there for 15 years on a shelf. BTW: There is no vaccine for SARS yet. Why is that exactly?
Old 05-25-2020, 07:50 AM   #37
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Prophylactics - use 'em or stand to lose it

Quote:
...He stopped taking it because he was following the prescription through its course of treatment? He was taking the drug to prevent the disease. He would still be taking it today if the paper in Lancet hadn't come out.

Nope. The study did not look at prophylactic use. Only considered patients beginning treatment within 48 hours of a COVID diagnosis and excluded patients on ventilators. No parallel there at all. BTW: Prophylactic regime also tends to include Zinc - for a variety of reasons, but quite often because of ACE2, which is important with high blood pressure . That study was based on hospitalizations, which implies of the more critical variety and typically includes a wide range of comorbidity- often multiple comorbidities. Lots of red flags and limiters in the study, but still managed to yield somewhat useful data, even for a rushed study. I'll leave it to prescribing Doctors to consider it's usefulness for their patients.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:34 AM   #38
oeb11
Valued Poster

Tiny is welcome to do what he wants in his own medical care - in consultation with his physician.

The post is indicative that it is really an anti- Trump screed - and a plea for Medicare for all so the DPST's can totally control the non-delivery of medical care in America.

OhCQ has been used safely for decades in patients with SLE and other conditions.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:14 AM   #39
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Prophylactics are not just for lovers

Quote:
That's good, he's wise to stop taking it.
Yup, served it's course and purpose, which apparently included the making of this potential campaign video (1min)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOX5W4y3CZA
Old 05-25-2020, 01:11 PM   #40
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
I'll consider going back and re-reviewing your link, but I'm not seeing where there is any depth to a study to make claims like that in short order for a drug with a 60+ year track record compared to people that are death's door step and then somehow conclude that it was the drug that pushed them over the threshold in the current environment. That reaks of politics and/or malpractice in a study.

But be aware that the 2005 "petri dish" study was conducted under Dr Fauci's NIH and sat dormant for almost 15 years without further investigation. So they knew the virus attack vectors and had in their sights a way to create a barrier to it and it just sat there for 15 years on a shelf. BTW: There is no vaccine for SARS yet. Why is that exactly?
You've gotten to the crux of why we've been arguing about this and a vaccine for the last few days. You believe Bill Gates and Anthony Fauci are promoting the Moderna vaccine for their own financial benefit. And somehow they and the people who wrote the hydroxychloroquine paper are putting out information that's against Trump's best interests. My question, do you think these people are intentionally trying to harm Trump's chances in the election this year? Or is the media using them so they're somehow unintentionally doing a hit job on president Trump?

We didn't know we had a SARS epidemic until February, 2003. By July, 2003, it was largely over, and a total of 774 people died. There was no need to develop a vaccine. Officially 346,000 people have died so for from Covid 19. Actually it's a lot more because deaths in places like India and Brazil have been hugely undercounted.
Old 05-25-2020, 02:43 PM   #41
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default OdotMdotGdot to the max

Quote:
...Or is the media using them so they're somehow unintentionally doing a hit job on president Trump?...
Wait! Whut?!? Is the media doing an unintentional hit job on Trump?!? Did you seriously type that with a straight face? How the heck could you physically type that question out on a keyboard with rivers of salty liberal tears flowing down you face from laughter without shorting out your keyboard? That right there is a frick'n mystery of intellect.
The media unintentionally doing a hit job on Trum <Bzzzt... keyboard shorts out>

Let's look at just one, single, solitary day...

Orange Man Good
Old 05-25-2020, 02:53 PM   #42
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Didn't wade through all the sewage in this thread, but it appears ... and I stress the word "appears" .... that someone who doesn't like Trump and wishes Trump were not President is whining because Trump is taking a pharmaceutical that the whiner believes is not safe for him to take.

Did this same whiner get all upset when Trump appeared without a mask?

Am I far from "the mark"?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 03:11 PM   #43
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Didn't wade through all the sewage in this thread, but it appears ... and I stress the word "appears" .... that someone who doesn't like Trump and wishes Trump were not President is whining because Trump is taking a pharmaceutical that the whiner believes is not safe for him to take.

Did this same whiner get all upset when Trump appeared without a mask?

Am I far from "the mark"?
You are not on the mark. The genesis of the thread was that Why_Yes_I_Do was pleased the Moderna vaccine had side effects at the largest dose, 100 mcg. This is because he believed Fauci and Gates stood to make a bundle if the vaccine worked. I replied that the Moderna vaccine at the 25 mcg dose level was probably at least 5X safer and more effective than hydroxychloroquine used as a prophylaxis. Eccielover replied that was the most childish and stupidest statement I ever made. After all that happened the Lancet paper came out. So I started this thread as a way of telling them "I told you so." However, like President Trump, there's no way they'll admit they were wrong.

And yes I do wish Trump would use the bully pulpit to promote masks. He's doing the opposite when he refuses to wear one in public under any conditions.

As to wishing Trump were not elected president, yeah, I wish Kasich or Cruz had been elected. They never would have been stupid enough to allow their surrogates to engage in what Trump's did in Ukraine. And they would likely have managed the response to Covid-19 better than Trump. The support of you and like-minded people for Trump during 2015 and 2016 means the Republican party is now in for a long, cold winter.
Old 05-25-2020, 03:13 PM   #44
oeb11
Valued Poster

Tiny - U mistake Ukraine for Biden and his son - and that may well come home to roost - as well as other crimes with Chinese corruption.

We shall See - !!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 03:17 PM   #45
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
Tiny - U mistake Ukraine for Biden and his son - and that may well come home to roost - as well as other crimes with Chinese corruption.

We shall See - !!
It won't Oeb. This backfired miserably on Trump.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women