Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Tennessee > The Sandbox - Tennessee
The Sandbox - Tennessee The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70359
biomed160169
Yssup Rider59818
gman4452817
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47401
pyramider46370
bambino40244
CryptKicker37046
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 06-11-2017, 09:48 AM   #1
Road Lizard
BANNED

Encounters: 33
Default This summer's solar eclipse in TN

Just something for fun here since some of the best viewing of the eclipse will be in Nashville. And for those that may not be aware, a total eclipse will happen on August 21 and will go across the entire width of the country. You can view the path and get more info here: http://www.eclipse2017.org/eclipse2017_main.htm

Where I live in MS, we'll get about 85-90% of the full eclipse so that's close enough for me that I bought special glasses to view it. If you are planning on viewing, you need to get your viewing shades ordered now.

Who's making travel/party plans for that day?
Road Lizard is offline   Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:48 AM   #2
Road Lizard
BANNED

Here's the path of it:

Old 06-11-2017, 04:26 PM   #3
Poolpass495
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 19

Definitely thinking about heading up for it. Always enjoyed events like this, especially if I can grab a beer along the way.
Poolpass495 is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 03:43 AM   #4
bluffcityguy
Permanently retired

Encounters: 25

August 21 is going to be the second week of the fall semester where I work, and the odds that My Inconsiderate Employer would let me take the day off to go chasing a total eclipse are slim to none, with Slim not only having left the building but driving away...

One thing to keep in mind for those of you who might want to chase the eclipse... this has been at the forefront of the astronomy news for over a year now. If you're far enough away that you need to book a room to stay in, you may already be SOL... "Luckily" for me the zone of totality is close enough to be a day trip, so if I could get the day off (there's, I suppose, an astronomically tiny chance that they might cancel classesfor the day, considering that this is literally a once in a lifetime event), then I guess the only problem is finding a place to park alongside a country road somewhere in Southern Illinois/Western Kentucky/Middle Tennessee. We'll have to see what happens.

Cheers,

bcg
bluffcityguy is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:04 AM   #5
Jeepster1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3
Default Nashville got lucky

My home is a couple of miles from the edge of totality, so it will be a short drive to dead-center.

The bad news: I understand that Nashville hotels are going to be pretty heavily booked. So our fair ladies will find it challenging to find a nesting spot around that date.

-Jeepster1
Jeepster1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:37 PM   #6
JustaGuyinMS
Ambassador

Encounters: 116

I'll be watching from the deck at my house - it will be my 2nd total eclipse. Guess I just happen to be in the right place at the right time.

JaG
JustaGuyinMS is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:38 PM   #7
JustaGuyinMS
Ambassador

Encounters: 116

PS: Make sure you know how to protect yourself from the intense rays during the eclipse - you can be blinded if you're not taking the right precautions.
JustaGuyinMS is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:06 PM   #8
Jeepster1
Valued Poster

I went to a presentation about the eclipse. They claimed that a million (!) people planned to converge on Nashville, and traffic would be at a standstill.

I think the guesstimate is BS, but they said that APSU in Clarksville had been contacted about renting a dorm to a visiting group... back in 2010.

I think I'll watch from Lebanon. Already got my special dark glasses.

-Jeepster1
Old 06-29-2017, 03:29 AM   #9
bluffcityguy
Permanently retired

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster1 View Post
I went to a presentation about the eclipse. They claimed that a million (!) people planned to converge on Nashville, and traffic would be at a standstill.

I think the guesstimate is BS, but they said that APSU in Clarksville had been contacted about renting a dorm to a visiting group... back in 2010.

I think I'll watch from Lebanon. Already got my special dark glasses.
I think Lebanon is in the zone of totality. If that's true, I don't see any reason to go elsewhere, unless you're an astronomy geek and absolutely, positively have to observe the longest period of totality that you can.

If you're interested in getting an idea of what the eclipse experience will be like where you live (or will be when the eclipse occurs), you can try the "eclipse simulator" here:

https://eclipsemega.movie/simulator

Enter your city and state in the box at the top. In fact, you can go so far as entering the address you expect to be at when the eclipse happens; the simulator appears to be using the Google Maps API for geolocation purposes.

Cheers,

bcg
bluffcityguy is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 04:56 PM   #10
Road Lizard
BANNED

Love that site BCG, great find!
Old 08-09-2017, 02:41 AM   #11
Jeepster1
Valued Poster

Just for fun, I checked TripAdvisor regarding Nashville rooms for Eclipse Day. It only showed one place with vacancies... Marriott near Vanderbilt. Cost for Sunday night would be $909.

-Jeepster1
Old 08-09-2017, 04:13 PM   #12
beguilingvoice
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7
Default I'LL DRIVE

Monday not the best day and it's a 3am start from here.
I just want to live my life to the fullest and CIM in the providers that trip my trigger
beguilingvoice is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:45 PM   #13
beguilingvoice
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Will be on the road by 10 pm. See you all in Nashville
beguilingvoice is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women