Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Arkansas > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 245
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40252
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 07-22-2017, 09:27 AM   #76
Guest110920
Account Disabled

Encounters: 72

I thought this was a great quote about IF (Intermittent Fasting) by Dr. Michael Eades:
“Diets are easy in the contemplation, difficult in the execution. Intermittent fasting is just the opposite — it’s difficult in the contemplation but easy in the execution.

Most of us have contemplated going on a diet. When we find a diet that appeals to us, it seems as if it will be a breeze to do. But when we get into the nitty gritty of it, it becomes tough. For example, I stay on a low–carb diet almost all the time. But if I think about going on a low–fat diet, it looks easy. I think about bagels, whole wheat bread and jelly, mashed potatoes, corn, bananas by the dozen, etc. — all of which sound appealing. But were I to embark on such a low–fat diet I would soon tire of it and wish I could have meat and eggs. So a diet is easy in contemplation, but not so easy in the long–term execution.

Intermittent fasting is hard in the contemplation, of that there is no doubt. “You go without food for 24 hours?” people would ask, incredulously when we explained what we were doing. “I could never do that.” But once started, it’s a snap. No worries about what and where to eat for one or two out of the three meals per day. It’s a great liberation. Your food expenditures plummet. And you’re not particularly hungry. … Although it’s tough to overcome the idea of going without food, once you begin the regimen, nothing could be easier.”
I've found this to be very true. Often I'll get to meal time and eat just because it's time rather than because I'm particularly hungry, and after you adapt to it, it's super easy. I definitely don't feel like I'm starving myself or anything. It's not that you're not eating, rather that you are strategically timing your meals so that you have extended periods where you are not releasing insulin (the hormone that instructs your body to store fat).
Old 07-23-2017, 10:25 AM   #77
Guest110920
Account Disabled

Decided to take the weekend off from Intermittent Fasting because I think the body will adapt to just about anything including IF, so it seems wise to change things up a bit sometimes. I didn't go hog wild or anything, just ate low carb meals on a normal schedule. I knew I'd gain some water weight - and I did. +4 on the scale this morning. Not worried about it - it will probably be gone tomorrow or at latest Tuesday once I resume my fasting schedule. Fasting depletes glycogen and each gram of glycogen carries 2.5g water along with it, so when you eat normally and replenish glycogen, water weight is going to come back rapidly, but it just isn't possible to gain (or lose) that amount of fat in a couple of days.
Old 07-23-2017, 11:33 AM   #78
Guest031820
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpankyJ View Post
Decided to take the weekend off from Intermittent Fasting because I think the body will adapt to just about anything including IF, so it seems wise to change things up a bit sometimes. I didn't go hog wild or anything, just ate low carb meals on a normal schedule. I knew I'd gain some water weight - and I did. +4 on the scale this morning. Not worried about it - it will probably be gone tomorrow or at latest Tuesday once I resume my fasting schedule. Fasting depletes glycogen and each gram of glycogen carries 2.5g water along with it, so when you eat normally and replenish glycogen, water weight is going to come back rapidly, but it just isn't possible to gain (or lose) that amount of fat in a couple of days.
If you stick to the ketosis you shouldn't start storing glycogen. Eating three "keto" meals shouldn't change that. I was in a state of ketosis for over 6 months and never had a problem with the body adapting. The primary benefit to IF is really calorie restriction. The ketosis diet makes that easier because it keeps you at a steady insulin level which decreases cravings and hunger. The only problem I have seen from going in and out of ketosis is each time I get out of it, it seems the longer it takes to get into it. When I first started I got into ketosis in 3 days. Over the last couple months I've cycled in and out a few times and this last time it took 6 days to get into it. Just a few thoughts from my experience.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:21 PM   #79
Guest110920
Account Disabled

Yeah, I didn't mention it but while I was certainly eating low carb, I wasn't at ketosis levels this weekend. Probably around 50-60g I'd say. I'm normally below 20. Also I did eat one meal at a restaurant and while I didn't get anything overtly carb-y (ribeye steak, sauteed mushrooms, creamed spinach) there is always the possibility of hidden sugars in restaurant foods that were enough to knock me out of ketosis. Not worried about it - a day or two back on plan will resolve it, I'm sure.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:34 AM   #80
mwise
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Spanky - still can't help but read your posts in the voice of Tyrion... LOL
Old 07-24-2017, 06:39 PM   #81
Guest110920
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwise View Post
Spanky - still can't help but read your posts in the voice of Tyrion... LOL
I get that a lot...probably should try to learn to speak that way so my real voice doesn't disappoint those who meet me!
Old 07-25-2017, 01:57 PM   #82
Guest110920
Account Disabled

Quote:
Back to my pre-weekend weight right on time after a day and a half back on IF using strict keto for meals. I knew it would come back off quickly since it was mostl just water. Time to start making downward progess again.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:07 PM   #83
Guest110920
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgjr73 View Post
That's the one...amazing!!

Made it today - the chicken crust keto pizza. It was really good. I still love the Fathead crust too but this is a good choice when you don't want something so heavy and I never would have guessed the base was chicken. Mine tonight was a little flimsier than the Fathead crusts I've made but that is most likely more about my lack of skill as a cook rather than anything intrinsic to the recipe.
Old 07-30-2017, 12:09 AM   #84
Guest110920
Account Disabled

To expand on the point in the video about the Ancel Keys study: Much of the anti-fat dogma that became U.S. official dietary advice goes back to the so-called "Seven Nations Study" in 1953, when Ancel Keys looked at data about fat consumption and its effects internationally. Why that's a problem is because he didn't just have data from seven countries, he had 22 countries' data, but he threw out the data that didn't support the conclusion he expected (which was "fat = bad"), leaving him with "seven nations". And so 60+ years of unsound dietary policy was born.

Fat is actually a key to weight loss on a ketogenic diet as long as it's natural fat. i.e., not trans fat. Why? Because it does not trigger insulin release, unlike (especially) carbohydrates, and even large amounts of protein. That's why the low-carb diets of today are different, from say, Atkins. When done right they are "LCHF" (low carb, high fat) and preferably with moderate protein intake. Omega-3 fatty acids and medium-chain triglycerides are especially beneficial.
Old 07-30-2017, 10:54 AM   #85
Guest110920
Account Disabled

I mentioned earlier I have given up wheat and in fact all grains. Also, I haven't mentioned it but I've ditched artificial sweeteners due to their devastating effect on healthy gut bacteria. I'm supplementing with prebiotics and probiotics and it would be for nothing if I wipe most of the good bacteria out with artificial sweeteners. Also some artificial sweeteners can cause an insulin response even if they don't have any calories, and the centerpiece of my weight loss program is minimizing insulin releases to repair cellular insulin resistance developed over decades.

These videos helped me find alternatives to artificial sweeteners and grains.

Old 07-30-2017, 05:53 PM   #86
Guest031820
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

The key is getting out all the moisture from the chicken. If the chicken doesn't get very dry it won't stick together as well
Old 08-01-2017, 10:53 AM   #87
Guest110920
Account Disabled

Kind of a cool thing today, I was doing my normal carrying-dumbbells-up-and-down-the-stairs workout and realized I didn't feel like I was going to die on the last set as I usually do , and so added another set and didn't feel like I was going to die on that one either. I realized I had lost enough weight that I need to increase the weight on the dumbbells maybe +15 lbs so I will be working harder again.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:59 AM   #88
Ginger Doll
BANNED

User ID: 17895
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Kind of a cool thing today, I was doing my normal carrying-dumbbells-up-and-down-the-stairs workout and realized I didn't feel like I was going to die on the last set as I usually do , and so added another set and didn't feel like I was going to die on that one either. I realized I had lost enough weight that I need to increase the weight on the dumbbells maybe +15 lbs so I will be working harder again.
Sounds like you're making progress! Go try my 45 min run on the stairmaster.

I miss being able to do my normal workout. I can barely walk in my current state. The boob job wasn't so bad but the tummy tuck, wow.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:15 AM   #89
Guest110920
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Doll View Post
Sounds like you're making progress! Go try my 45 min run on the stairmaster.
I don't actually want to die, just feel like it at the very end!
Old 08-01-2017, 08:15 PM   #90
Guest110920
Account Disabled

Ugh. Saw a full body picture of myself taken tonight. I have improved, but still very far from where I want to be.
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women