Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160460
Yssup Rider59891
gman4452915
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47500
pyramider46370
bambino40306
CryptKicker37077
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35300
Mojojo33117

Old 10-21-2017, 11:00 PM   #1
Go4it
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24
Default Burner phone - no text

Got a little problem here and wondered if anyone could shed some light.

I got a new burner phone (Android) about 2 months ago. Using Unlimited card. Provided unlimited text, talk, data but speed gets slower the more you use it. Supposedly that only affects data straming etc. Goes from 4G to 2G after a set GB. Last month I had no problem with text at any time. I have about 12 days left on this card and everytime I send a text it just says "sending" and never completes. My RL phone is an IPhone so I'm not real familiar with the Android.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get texts to send.

Thanks.
Go4it is offline   Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 08:08 AM   #2
billw1032
Valued Poster

Who is your carrier? I would guess it is probably something to do with your carrier or your plan. I've had Android for years and I've never had a text refuse to send, but I've always had an unlimited text message plan in recent years. Is it possible you have a limit on text messages per month in your plan?

My T-Mobile plan used to be a limited data plan, but when you hit the data limit they just throttled back the speed instead of cutting you off. That is probably what you are running into with the data speed. Now I have unlimited data (I think, I never hit a limit so I don't really know).

I'd check into your plan and see if there are limits. Also, each carrier customizes Android, so it's possible there's something weird about your phone but it seems less likely.

**EDIT** Oops, sorry. I just reread your post and I see that you say your are using an unlimited card. So, maybe I'm off-base. Still, depending on the carrier, I think it might still be worth checking into whether "unlimited" really means unlimited, or whether there's any fine print.
The other thing you could do is see how to do a factory reset on your phone and see if that fixes the problem. But be sure to back up contacts and data first if you have anything important stored.
billw1032 is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:49 AM   #3
fred_flinstone
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Try turning off your phone, then turn back on again. Sometimes a simple reboot will fix a problem
fred_flinstone is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:40 PM   #4
jayt4567
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

bro get a use iphone. its pretty easy.
jayt4567 is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 12:30 AM   #5
Go4it
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

I agree Jayt - I use an iPhone for my RW stuff. I only got the Android because it was cheaper. But --- if anyone is interested - I finally found the problem. It was in Airplane mode. I took it out of airplane mode and all was well until the next time I shut it off and when I turned it back on it was in airplane mode again. Has happened several times. I THINK it happens when I turn it off my big fat fingers hit a button very close to the log off which is -- duh -- Airplane Mode. Pain in the ass but at least I know what to look for now.
Go4it is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 12:43 PM   #6
fred_flinstone
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Smart phones are the worst to have as a burner phone. You don’t want any phone that is “smart” if you value discretion. A cheap ole talk and text phone is the best burner phone. Just talk and text, no downloads, no apps, no data, no nothing.
fred_flinstone is offline   Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:29 PM   #7
viking2341
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Yes just pull out the battery and put it back in. Usually works with phones like these.
viking2341 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women