Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > North and East Texas > The Sandbox - North and East Texas
The Sandbox - North and East Texas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70435
biomed160686
Yssup Rider60005
gman4452941
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47607
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35426
Mojojo33117

Old 03-24-2014, 08:24 PM   #1
Majichands
Account Disabled

User ID: 12960
My ECCIE Reviews
Default MOM & POP PLACES in longview?!

I have been coming to East Texas on and off for many moons but never really took in the many small but large finds.But now that I am calling this area my home town I went exploring today.

I enjoyed lunch today at a place years ago was struggling but was so great in taste I was sure hoping they would make it.. And today there was standing room only Little Mexico best rice and white cheese sauce ever BEST server is Helen you will want for NOTHING!..

Super Nails is a small and quiet nail shop but they are Very cheap and my nail lady was the bomb.

ANd ART WOrld has all there Kelly Rae Roberts art on sale for half price and has art classes on Thursday for 20 bucks.

SO those where my finds. What are some of yalls local finds in Longview area?
Majichands is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:47 PM   #2
jwood
Valued Poster

Encounters: 75

Heard Juicy Burgers is good. I know what you like Majic but I can't tell you where to find it. It's what I'm looking for but different.
jwood is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:31 AM   #3
Majichands
Account Disabled

User ID: 12960
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
. I know what you like Majic but I can't tell you where to find it. It's what I'm looking for but different.
lol OH YEAH?! I was talking community food art musuems shops etc....lol but hell yeah if I can find a hot honey at one of these mom and pop places you are sure right it will put a smile on my face..maybe I'll meet her at my new softball team I joined lol or art class lol
juicys is ok there beans are wonderful... there is nothing like fudruckers thick and juicy... but that's a chain...
better yet going to go buy some ground chuck and make my own today hold the pickles extra tomatoe..LOL I do like pickles but noy on my hamburger don't ask me why..I will eat a whole dill pickle but keep them away from my hamburgers
Majichands is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:46 PM   #4
lcladj
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 8

For Cajun food: Dudley's on Hwy. 80 near Hwy. 259. Very good for Texas Cajuns

For Italian: Uncle Joe's Pizza and Pasta on McCann Road (also known as North Spur 63) just north of Hwy. 80.

For Vietnamese: Pho Saigon Restaurant on the corner of Loop 281 and Bill Owens Parkway.

These are some of the good places I have found on some of my trips passing through Longview.
lcladj is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:01 PM   #5
aggieman
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 5

El sombrero for Mexican....
aggieman is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:51 PM   #6
61littlejoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

I'm with you MH. All for the mom and pop businesses. And I love the little "hole-in-the-wall" cafes. Sometimes, on my way down to Toledo Bend, I'll have to stop at Bill and Sissy's Café in Zwolle, LA. Home of the Billy Burger. It's a real double handful and it comes with fries for about $6.

I'm from Shreveport, so I'm not too familiar with your area. I have been through there a few times though.
Seems like there was a really good BBQ place, just South of town. Can't remember, it's been a few years.
61littlejoe is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:04 PM   #7
Todtherod
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 2
Default Longview

For pizza and pasta Don Giovanni's in White Oak 15 minutes west of Longview.
Or
Pizza King on Hwy 80 in longview

Burgers, try Wanda's on the service road of I20 exit 599
Or Butcher shop on McCann in Longview

Cajun, either Dudleys or Johnny Cace's both on Hwy 80 in Longview

BBQ, Bodacious in Longview many locations.

Unfortunately for TexMex our main 3 have all something most like about them. Posados has the best food(fajitas), Papacitas has the best chips, and Casa Ole has the best hot sauce.

Magic China on Gilmer rd has the best Chinese food

For the arts and theatre, LeTourneau has a place I think it is the Belcher Center.
Todtherod is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:22 AM   #8
gavin42
Registered Member

Encounters: 4

One of the best places is a place called Athena's. It's owned by a Greek family that has the best Mediterranean food around. It's funny cause they act exactly like the family off of my big fat Greek wedding. Lol constant bickering at each but impeccable service and food. Lol now that I think about it gonna head there today :-)
gavin42 is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:27 PM   #9
Yosemitesambo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

For home cooking, try Devine Catering on Mobberly or Pat n Piggy's just east of the loop on hwy 80. Both places are packed at lunch with lots of pickups in the parking lot.
Yosemitesambo is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:26 PM   #10
Aubrey Anderson
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 229272
My ECCIE Reviews

Oh my gosh! I just had dinner tonight at a very eloquent Mediterranean place. It's called Bernard's. The food was amazing, the staff was friendly, and the atmosphere was to die for. Great place for a romantic getaway (whether it's to please yourself romantically or to take a date!). And the best thing of all, it's was very fairly priced. The steaks, however, went up in numbers (roughly $24 on average). Still, it's definitely not a place you want to miss!
Aubrey Anderson is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:10 AM   #11
WhiteTiger1120
Valued Poster

Encounters: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey Anderson View Post
Oh my gosh! I just had dinner tonight at a very eloquent Mediterranean place. It's called Bernard's. The food was amazing, the staff was friendly, and the atmosphere was to die for. Great place for a romantic getaway (whether it's to please yourself romantically or to take a date!). And the best thing of all, it's was very fairly priced. The steaks, however, went up in numbers (roughly $24 on average). Still, it's definitely not a place you want to miss!
I must agree with you Aubrey. Bernard's Mediterranean is a fabulous place. From the food, the prices, the atmosphere and of course with the 'right' company, it makes it an even more memorable experience.
WhiteTiger1120 is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:28 AM   #12
Yosemitesambo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

Where is Benard's?
Yosemitesambo is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:40 AM   #13
WhiteTiger1120
Valued Poster

Encounters: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemitesambo View Post
Where is Benard's?
South Broadway and Grande. On the north side of Broadway right before you get to Grande.
WhiteTiger1120 is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:59 AM   #14
Tonguenchick
Valued Poster

Encounters: 59

Aubrey,
So you came to Tyler and dined at the best place here and did not call me to join you!
My feelings are hurt and my taste buds are upset with you! LOL!
So are you hooked on our local men and our fine dining! I won't mention shopping as I am sure you found that here also! What we all want to know is can you bait your own hook if you get invited fishing!? LOL! Come back soon!
TNC
Tonguenchick is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:17 AM   #15
Todtherod
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 2
Default Art museum

I forgot to add the other day, Longview does have an art museum(215 East Tyler St in downtown Longview 903 753 8103). Also there are some nice specialty shops, resteraunts, and my favorite bars within walking distance. Be careful of uncle Leo who is always around the courthouse.
Todtherod is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women