Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70406
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59903
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47511
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35324
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 10-19-2011, 08:43 AM   #181
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 21422
My ECCIE Reviews

I don't think anyone was getting "ugly" period...but I have been wrong before. We all have a google button but knowing how Sofia writes at times, I just figured it was a typo and didn't look into it. I never heard of the word period, but used in that context I was really confused.

If the word "Gapier" is not insulting, then Ed making the statement he did was not rude but I digress. Nothing to cry over I am sure.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #182
Shayla
Account Disabled

User ID: 63158
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteassman View Post
the incredible physical attributes its the attitude that makes you such a desired woman. you do not put on pretenses and you give the feeling you dont think your too good for us to bang you. a woman of your looks is not something the average guy usually gets to experience so that makes for an exciting possibility. you know its funny about the high volume thing guys look down on high volume girls. really what they say is you should be inexpensive you should offer all menu options you should tour my area and you should only bang me. when i read a review from someone like sonya playmate or shayla i feel so good for the guy that he got to experience such women i wish every man on earth myself included could have such fortune. if shayla was to come to buffalo i would hope 100 of my board brothers would enjoy and experience her because that would mean 100 guys lives were that much richer. as long as a provider is clean fresh and into the appointment whether i was the only guy that week or the 4th of the day is not a big concern.
Thanks, petiteassman. Honestly, I don't think guys are stupid. I advertise daily and on numerous sites so they know I'm high volume and they'll see me anyway. I've seen all men of different caliber and as long as they feel like #1... They don't care. Anyway, I appreciate the compliments as always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi4u View Post
This is interesting. I am the total opposite of a tomboy but I'm sure we'd have a blast hanging out together. We can learn from each other .
Definitely! You can teach me style and chicness and I'll teach you... baseball. Or rugby! The only real girly attribute I have is long hair, no matter what sport I played I refused to cut it.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:24 AM   #183
Ed Highlight
Valued Poster

Encounters: 79
Default I think I'm falling......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayla View Post
.....Definitely! You can teach me style and chicness and I'll teach you... baseball. Or rugby! The only real girly attribute I have is long hair, no matter what sport I played I refused to cut it.
Baseball?!?! I knew there was love in the air!! Now, does that mean "real" baseball or Canadian Rules Baseball??
Old 10-19-2011, 10:50 AM   #184
Shayla
Account Disabled

User ID: 63158
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Highlight View Post
Baseball?!?! I knew there was love in the air!! Now, does that mean "real" baseball or Canadian Rules Baseball??
Real baseball. Give me some credit!
Old 10-19-2011, 11:40 AM   #185
sofiaofhouston
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7365
Encounters: 1
Default It is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansley View Post
I don't know if I was allowed to have one of those. What is it?
Taking a year off after high school to travel the world or a certain country to lean of life and experince the world prior to entering a sophisticate society. ( College)

A Sophist- I think there us a lady on here titled or tag lined "The Sophisticated Siren"

Sophists of Ancient Greece
The Greek word sophos or sophia has had the meaning "wise" or "wisdom" since the time of the poet Homer and originally was used to describe anyone with expertise in a specific domain of knowledge or craft. For example, a charioteer, a sculptor or a warrior could be described as sophoi in their occupations. Gradually, however, the word also came to denote general wisdom and especially wisdom about human affairs (in, for example, politics, ethics, or household management). This was the meaning ascribed to the Greek Seven Sages of 7th and 6th Century BC (like Solon and Thales), and it was the meaning that appeared in the histories of Herodotus. Richard Martin refers to the seven sages as "performers of political poetry."[1]
In the second half of the 5th century BC, particularly at Athens, "sophist" came to denote a class of mostly itinerant intellectuals who taught courses in various subjects, speculated about the nature of language and culture and employed rhetoric to achieve their purposes, generally to persuade or convince others: "Sophists did, however, have one important thing in common: whatever else they did or did not claim to know, they characteristically had a great understanding of what words would entertain or impress or persuade an audience."[1] A few sophists claimed that they could find the answers to all questions. Most of these sophists are known today primarily through the writings of their opponents (specifically Plato and Aristotle), which makes it difficult to assemble an unbiased view of their practices and beliefs.
Many of them taught their skills for a price. Due to the importance of such skills in the litigious social life of Athens, practitioners often commanded very high fees. The sophists' practice of questioning the existence and roles of traditional deities and investigating into the nature of the heavens and the earth prompted a popular reaction against them. The attacks of some of their followers against Socrates prompted a vigorous condemnation from his followers, including Plato and Xenophon, as there was a popular view of Socrates as a sophist.[2] Their attitude, coupled with the wealth garnered by many of the sophists, eventually led to popular resentment against sophist practitioners and the ideas and writings associated with sophism.
Protagoras is generally regarded as the first of the sophists. Others include Gorgias, Prodicus, Hippias, Thrasymachus, Lycophron, Callicles, Antiphon, and Cratylus.
In comparison, Socrates accepted no fee, instead professed a self-effacing posture, which he exemplified by Socratic questioning (i.e. the Socratic method, although Diogenes Laertius wrote that Protagoras—a sophist—invented the “Socratic” method[3][4]). His attitude towards the Sophists was by no means oppositional; in one dialogue Socrates even stated that the Sophists were better educators than he was,[5] which he validated by sending one of his students to study under a sophist.[6] W. K. C. Guthrie associated Socrates with the Sophists in his History of Greek Philosophy.[6]
Plato, the most famous student of Socrates, depicts Socrates as refuting some sophists in several Dialogues. These texts depict the sophists in an unflattering light, and it is unclear how accurate or fair Plato's representation of them may be; however, Protagoras and Prodicus are portrayed in a largely positive light in Protagoras (dialogue). Another contemporary, the comic playwright Aristophanes, criticizes the sophists as hairsplitting wordsmiths, and makes Socrates their representative.
Plato is largely responsible for the modern view of the "sophist" as a greedy instructor who uses rhetorical sleight-of-hand and ambiguities of language in order to deceive, or to support fallacious reasoning. In this view, the sophist is not concerned with truth and justice, but instead seeks power. Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle all challenged the philosophical foundations of sophism.
Some scholars, such as Ugo Zilioli[7] argue that the sophists held a relativistic view on cognition and knowledge. However, this may involve the Greek word "doxa," which means "culturally shared belief" rather than "individual opinion." Their philosophy contains criticism of religion, law, and ethics. Though many sophists were apparently as religious as their contemporaries, some held atheistic or agnostic views (for example, Protagoras and Diagoras of Melos).
In some cases, such as Gorgias, there are original rhetorical works that are fortunately extant, allowing the author to be judged on his own terms. In most cases, however, knowledge of sophist thought comes from fragmentary quotations that lack context. Many of these quotations come from Aristotle, who seems to have held the sophists in slight regard.
Owing largely to the influence of Plato and Aristotle, philosophy came to be regarded as distinct from sophistry, the latter being regarded as specious and rhetorical, a practical discipline. Thus, by the time of the Roman Empire, a sophist was simply a teacher of rhetoric and a popular public speaker. For instance, Libanius, Himerius, Aelius Aristides, and Fronto were sophists in this sense.
[edit] Sophists and democracy

The sophists' rhetorical techniques were extremely useful for any young nobleman looking for public office. The societal roles the Sophists filled had important ramifications for the Athenian political system at large. The historical context provides evidence for their considerable influence, as Athens became more and more democratic during the period in which the Sophists were most active.[8]
The Sophists certainly were not directly responsible for Athenian democracy, but their cultural and psychological contributions played an important role in its growth. They contributed to the new democracy in part by espousing expertise in public deliberation, since this was the foundation of decision-making, which allowed and perhaps required a tolerance of the beliefs of others. This liberal attitude would naturally have precipitated into the Athenian assembly as Sophists acquired increasingly high-powered clients.[9] Continuous rhetorical training gave the citizens of Athens "the ability to create accounts of communal possibilities through persuasive speech".[10] This was extremely important for the democracy, as it gave disparate and sometimes superficially unattractive views a chance to be heard in the Athenian assembly.
In addition, Sophists had great impact on the early development of law, as the sophists were the first lawyers in the world. Their status as lawyers was a result of their extremely developed argumentation skills.[11]
[edit] Sophists and education

The Sophists were notorious for their claims to teach virtue/excellence and for accepting fees for teaching. The influence of this stance on education in general, and medical education in particular, have been described by Seamus Mac Suibhne.[12]

A GAP YEAR, sorry i went into french automatically and spelled it wrong.

Gap year

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Gap year is an expression (also known as sabbatical, time off and time out) referring to a period of time - not necessarily 12 months in which students take time off and do something other than schooling, such as travel or work. Most commonly taken after secondary school and before starting university, in recent years there has been an increase in 21-23 year olds taking time out after completing their degree.[citation needed]
Contents

[edit] History

The practice of taking a deferred year developed in the United Kingdom in the 1960s.[citation needed] During this time, a student might travel, engage in volunteer work overseas or undertake a working holiday abroad.
In 1978, the Prince of Wales and Colonel John Blashford-Snell began what is now known as Raleigh International by launching Operation Drake, an expedition voyage around the world following Sir Francis Drake's route. In the United States, the deferred year idea was promoted by Cornelius H. Bull, in 1980.[1]
A year out has grown very popular among students in the UK, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. A trend for year out is to participate in international education programs that combine language study, homestays, cultural immersion, community service, and independent study.[citation needed]
In 2010, year out travel increased among school, college and university leavers, as this is seen as an attractive option for future career development.[2]
Old 10-19-2011, 12:16 PM   #186
petiteassman
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33
Default yeah but can

we get greek and bbbj for a 100 hh
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiaofhouston View Post
Taking a year off after high school to travel the world or a certain country to lean of life and experince the world prior to entering a sophisticate society. ( College)

A Sophist- I think there us a lady on here titled or tag lined "The Sophisticated Siren"

Sophists of Ancient Greece
The Greek word sophos or sophia has had the meaning "wise" or "wisdom" since the time of the poet Homer and originally was used to describe anyone with expertise in a specific domain of knowledge or craft. For example, a charioteer, a sculptor or a warrior could be described as sophoi in their occupations. Gradually, however, the word also came to denote general wisdom and especially wisdom about human affairs (in, for example, politics, ethics, or household management). This was the meaning ascribed to the Greek Seven Sages of 7th and 6th Century BC (like Solon and Thales), and it was the meaning that appeared in the histories of Herodotus. Richard Martin refers to the seven sages as "performers of political poetry."[1]
In the second half of the 5th century BC, particularly at Athens, "sophist" came to denote a class of mostly itinerant intellectuals who taught courses in various subjects, speculated about the nature of language and culture and employed rhetoric to achieve their purposes, generally to persuade or convince others: "Sophists did, however, have one important thing in common: whatever else they did or did not claim to know, they characteristically had a great understanding of what words would entertain or impress or persuade an audience."[1] A few sophists claimed that they could find the answers to all questions. Most of these sophists are known today primarily through the writings of their opponents (specifically Plato and Aristotle), which makes it difficult to assemble an unbiased view of their practices and beliefs.
Many of them taught their skills for a price. Due to the importance of such skills in the litigious social life of Athens, practitioners often commanded very high fees. The sophists' practice of questioning the existence and roles of traditional deities and investigating into the nature of the heavens and the earth prompted a popular reaction against them. The attacks of some of their followers against Socrates prompted a vigorous condemnation from his followers, including Plato and Xenophon, as there was a popular view of Socrates as a sophist.[2] Their attitude, coupled with the wealth garnered by many of the sophists, eventually led to popular resentment against sophist practitioners and the ideas and writings associated with sophism.
Protagoras is generally regarded as the first of the sophists. Others include Gorgias, Prodicus, Hippias, Thrasymachus, Lycophron, Callicles, Antiphon, and Cratylus.
In comparison, Socrates accepted no fee, instead professed a self-effacing posture, which he exemplified by Socratic questioning (i.e. the Socratic method, although Diogenes Laertius wrote that Protagoras—a sophist—invented the “Socratic” method[3][4]). His attitude towards the Sophists was by no means oppositional; in one dialogue Socrates even stated that the Sophists were better educators than he was,[5] which he validated by sending one of his students to study under a sophist.[6] W. K. C. Guthrie associated Socrates with the Sophists in his History of Greek Philosophy.[6]
Plato, the most famous student of Socrates, depicts Socrates as refuting some sophists in several Dialogues. These texts depict the sophists in an unflattering light, and it is unclear how accurate or fair Plato's representation of them may be; however, Protagoras and Prodicus are portrayed in a largely positive light in Protagoras (dialogue). Another contemporary, the comic playwright Aristophanes, criticizes the sophists as hairsplitting wordsmiths, and makes Socrates their representative.
Plato is largely responsible for the modern view of the "sophist" as a greedy instructor who uses rhetorical sleight-of-hand and ambiguities of language in order to deceive, or to support fallacious reasoning. In this view, the sophist is not concerned with truth and justice, but instead seeks power. Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle all challenged the philosophical foundations of sophism.
Some scholars, such as Ugo Zilioli[7] argue that the sophists held a relativistic view on cognition and knowledge. However, this may involve the Greek word "doxa," which means "culturally shared belief" rather than "individual opinion." Their philosophy contains criticism of religion, law, and ethics. Though many sophists were apparently as religious as their contemporaries, some held atheistic or agnostic views (for example, Protagoras and Diagoras of Melos).
In some cases, such as Gorgias, there are original rhetorical works that are fortunately extant, allowing the author to be judged on his own terms. In most cases, however, knowledge of sophist thought comes from fragmentary quotations that lack context. Many of these quotations come from Aristotle, who seems to have held the sophists in slight regard.
Owing largely to the influence of Plato and Aristotle, philosophy came to be regarded as distinct from sophistry, the latter being regarded as specious and rhetorical, a practical discipline. Thus, by the time of the Roman Empire, a sophist was simply a teacher of rhetoric and a popular public speaker. For instance, Libanius, Himerius, Aelius Aristides, and Fronto were sophists in this sense.
[edit] Sophists and democracy

The sophists' rhetorical techniques were extremely useful for any young nobleman looking for public office. The societal roles the Sophists filled had important ramifications for the Athenian political system at large. The historical context provides evidence for their considerable influence, as Athens became more and more democratic during the period in which the Sophists were most active.[8]
The Sophists certainly were not directly responsible for Athenian democracy, but their cultural and psychological contributions played an important role in its growth. They contributed to the new democracy in part by espousing expertise in public deliberation, since this was the foundation of decision-making, which allowed and perhaps required a tolerance of the beliefs of others. This liberal attitude would naturally have precipitated into the Athenian assembly as Sophists acquired increasingly high-powered clients.[9] Continuous rhetorical training gave the citizens of Athens "the ability to create accounts of communal possibilities through persuasive speech".[10] This was extremely important for the democracy, as it gave disparate and sometimes superficially unattractive views a chance to be heard in the Athenian assembly.
In addition, Sophists had great impact on the early development of law, as the sophists were the first lawyers in the world. Their status as lawyers was a result of their extremely developed argumentation skills.[11]
[edit] Sophists and education

The Sophists were notorious for their claims to teach virtue/excellence and for accepting fees for teaching. The influence of this stance on education in general, and medical education in particular, have been described by Seamus Mac Suibhne.[12]

Gap year

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Gap year is an expression (also known as sabbatical, time off and time out) referring to a period of time - not necessarily 12 months in which students take time off and do something other than schooling, such as travel or work. Most commonly taken after secondary school and before starting university, in recent years there has been an increase in 21-23 year olds taking time out after completing their degree.[citation needed]
Contents

[edit] History

The practice of taking a deferred year developed in the United Kingdom in the 1960s.[citation needed] During this time, a student might travel, engage in volunteer work overseas or undertake a working holiday abroad.
In 1978, the Prince of Wales and Colonel John Blashford-Snell began what is now known as Raleigh International by launching Operation Drake, an expedition voyage around the world following Sir Francis Drake's route. In the United States, the deferred year idea was promoted by Cornelius H. Bull, in 1980.[1]
A year out has grown very popular among students in the UK, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. A trend for year out is to participate in international education programs that combine language study, homestays, cultural immersion, community service, and independent study.[citation needed]
In 2010, year out travel increased among school, college and university leavers, as this is seen as an attractive option for future career development.[2]
Old 10-19-2011, 12:34 PM   #187
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default That C & L got us all fuc'd up!

Here is how the question should have been worded.

TRAITS OF A UPSCALE,HIGH ASS PROVIDER
Old 10-19-2011, 01:59 PM   #188
Anita Lay
BANNED

User ID: 95934
My ECCIE Reviews

WTF.... lol... u gotta stop.

I am with Shayla on her points about advertsing on numerous sites and seeing all kinds of men... same here.

There is a short story I wanna share, a well known, popular provider is gorgeous and has a flaw less body, great reviews, but charges a high amount .... the biggest complaint was her prices. We providers know that men will see this one and that one AT ANY COST.
The point is, I considered her high class due to her cost and the years being a seasoned provider but it's very clear that I have been taught a lesson.
Somone can look great and have a horrible attitude and all the reviews are just about "THE ACT"... .
Old 10-19-2011, 02:37 PM   #189
Naomi4u
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 55719
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:

Correct. You are referring to my friend, Nina Sastri. www.NinaSastri.net
Old 10-19-2011, 02:56 PM   #190
Ed Highlight
Valued Poster

Default I knew it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayla View Post
Real baseball. Give me some credit!
Sorry Shayla, I was just checking....I've had my heart broken before.....
Old 10-19-2011, 03:00 PM   #191
Ed Highlight
Valued Poster

Default Oh, okay...

Quote:
Yah, that's what I thought.....thanks for whatever that other stuff was....
Old 10-19-2011, 06:21 PM   #192
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:08 PM   #193
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default He'd fuc you all and each would be the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Highlight View Post
Yah, that's what I thought.....thanks for whatever that other stuff was....
Ed we know which brain you are thinking with...

Old 10-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #194
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi4u View Post
Correct. You are referring to my friend, Nina Sastri. www.NinaSastri.net
Where is that lil witch hiding?

Old 10-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #195
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 21422
My ECCIE Reviews

Darn Sofia..all that for what most people refer to as "A year off to party" lol.

WTF..Nina is in Switzerland.
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women