Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70393
biomed160347
Yssup Rider59870
gman4452876
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47446
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37066
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35201
Mojojo33117

Old 09-05-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
Gryphon
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 13
Default Favorite Restaurants

Even in a bad economy there are plenty of dining establishments in this great land of ours where one can easily drop $150 on dinner for two before even getting to the wine. Here are some that IMHO are actually worth it. This is limited geographically since I don't travel to New York, Los Angeles, or Dallas. I'd like to see what others' favorites are.

Charlie Trotter's, Chicago--Tasting menu only and sometimes a bit hit-or-miss, but at this place the celebrity chef is actually in the kitchen. I've only had a few near-orgasmic experiences with food, and two of them were in the same meal here. Wine pairings are superb.

El Quenepo, Vieques Island, PR--Seafood mofongo made with local lobster and breadfruit from the tree in the back yard is just an example of the fresh fare here. Limited wine selections but some truly inspired house cocktails.

Allegro Romano, San Francisco--A neighborhood Italian joint, SF style. The owner and waitstaff are all absolutely flaming and the food is to die for.

Redd, Yountville, CA--Fresh ingredients perfectly prepared with a terrific (and very reasonably priced) wine list.

Picayo, San Juan, PR--Three words: Wild Mushroom Risotto.

Spiaggia, Chicago--Great Italian food with an excellent wine list.

Others?
Gryphon is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Off the top of my head

Agree on Spiaggia - most excellent.
Also in Chicago - Tru

New York

Per Se - especially their bar menu which is ala carte and way cheaper than their prix fixe
The Modern - try the chef's tasting menu; my date that evening had it and swears by it
Eleven Madison - got their 4th NY Times star in the last year and WELL worth it; actually a bargain as these places go

San Francisco

Gary Danko

London

Gordon White's 3 star michelin restaurant

San Celloni (outside of Barcelona)
3 star michelin; well worth it and as 3 stars go well worth the price

Jerusalem

Gabrielle

Sydney

Bilsons
Quay
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:54 PM   #3
Mr.Oneeye
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Another vote for Eleven Madison Park

Good Afternoon;

It is by far my favourite in NYC, whilst in London I am a fan of only one of Mr. Ramsay's joints, his least pretentious outlet, named Maze.

In Italy all my suggestions would fall outside the 'Fine Dining' group; apart from one, Locanda del Amorosa.

My Tokyo suggestion is a little off the beaten track; Sushi Dai at the Tsukiji Fish market is simply the best Sushi or Sashimi that I have ever eaten.

In France, I prefer the food of the south, mostly because I spent a lot of time there when I was younger & it has close links with northern Italian food, which I love. Which means that my favourite French restaurant isn't in Paris, rather it is in Aix en Provence and is called Le Clos de la Violette.

Thank you for reading
Cyclops

(Currently in Las Vegas and just 3 hours away from dinner which may not reach such gastronomic highlights as the ones above, but one which promises a much more satisfying ending)
Mr.Oneeye is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:14 PM   #4
Camille
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 511
My ECCIE Reviews

+1 for Maze in London.

Charles Street in Boston has some top notch eateries at a much lower price than the Back Bay and FD area...as does Davis Sq, Cambridge. Preferred French restaurant in Boston itself is "Hammersleys" in the South End too...less "cliquesque" than some other high fallutin hot spots.

C x
Camille is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:54 AM   #5
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Too many to list. But I agree on Trotters, Tru, and Spiaggia in Chicago.

In New York, I'd say Per Se and Eleven Madison without a doubt. I'd also add with no reservations Le Bernardin.

Gary Danko is marginal for this list, IMHO. I'm not sure that any place in SFO is that good. But I would add French Laundry in Napa.

I do think that Citronelle in D.C. belongs. Just a wonderful restaurant.

I don't get to L.A. often enough to add restaurants there.

None in Dallas make that list. Closest in Texas is Mark's, but again, I think it comes up a bit short in this rarefied company.

If I start on Europe, we'll have thirty restaurants. Too many for the time I have.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:26 PM   #6
Guest042611
Account Disabled

User ID: 8913

I went to Guy Savoy in Vegas for the first time this summer. It was incredible! Wonderful food and wonderful service. But the decor was a little uninspired. Ambiance and food are equally important to me.
Guest042611 is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:36 PM   #7
ed_mustafa
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Joël Robuchon in Vegas. The 16 course does take TIME. Never been to L'Atelier but heard good things about it.
Vintner Grill in Vegas. Not a name chef place but it's one of my favs (in Vegas)
A16 in SF. I loved it but it's gonna be at the lower end of the places mentioned here.
Coi in north beach (SF)
Montagna in Aspen
ed_mustafa is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #8
davec.0121
Gaining Momentum

Default Restaurants

Singapore -- any of the Indian places on Clark Quay -
also, the food courts in the local shopping malls

Hong Kong -- the Peninsula
davec.0121 is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:25 AM   #9
arianne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 4344
My ECCIE Reviews

Hong Kong Peninsula is great. Felix bar is great, great view of Hong Kong from the mens washroom.
arianne is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #10
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by arianne View Post
Hong Kong Peninsula is great. Felix bar is great, great view of Hong Kong from the mens washroom.
For you to know that you must have had one wild time!!!
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #11
Jaleh
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 32816
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Went to a quite little restaurant in Seattle not too long ago called Gaucho's.

By far the tasiest, juciest and flavorful steak Ive ever had! Im not a red wine fan but couldnt turn down there 05 Cab. Excellent service, superior food and a quaint 50's themed place.
Jaleh is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:42 PM   #12
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by arianne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
For you to know that you must have had one wild time!!!
Actually I've been in a few places lately where they've designed the Men's Room such that the lavatories are in a seperate room from where you wash your hands and have replaced as the attendent the old guy that looks like a cross between a WalMart greeter and a homeless man with a buxom young lady. Now how many of you are going to stiff her on the tip?
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:22 PM   #13
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
Actually I've been in a few places lately where they've designed the Men's Room such that the lavatories are in a seperate room from where you wash your hands and have replaced as the attendent the old guy that looks like a cross between a WalMart greeter and a homeless man with a buxom young lady. Now how many of you are going to stiff her on the tip?
Yeah, there was a hotel in downtown Dallas that had the old men the last time I was in there. They kept the urinals filled with ice cubes. Never understood that.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:00 PM   #14
arianne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 4344
My ECCIE Reviews

:-) Just went to see the view - men's restroom urinals - with only a floor-to-ceiling plate of glass separating you from the cityscape.
arianne is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #15
69er
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
None in Dallas make that list. Closest in Texas is Mark's, but again, I think it comes up a bit short in this rarefied company.
Actually there are two places in Dallas that I believe belong on the list.

Abacus - Modern and fairly trendy. I suggest the lobster shooters, they are one of the best things I've ever eaten.

The French Room - Very romantic setting. A great place for a date with your HDH, but make sure you have her for the entire night... as a meal at the French Room is an event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
Yeah, there was a hotel in downtown Dallas that had the old men the last time I was in there. They kept the urinals filled with ice cubes. Never understood that.
Next time you are in such a restroom, smell... or notice the lack of smell.
69er is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women