Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70390
biomed160338
Yssup Rider59858
gman4452872
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47442
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35189
Mojojo33117

Old 07-19-2022, 09:20 PM   #1
VerySkeptical
BANNED

Default Trump is the only person Biden can beat

Trump should hope for a crowded 2024 GOP field. Really.
By Marc A. Thiessen

"Former president Donald Trump says he has made a decision about whether to run in 2024, though he won’t say when he will announce it. But he warns that if he does run, there will be a “backlash” against anyone who challenges him for the nomination. “People want me to run,” he says.

Fewer and fewer. In October 2021, a Quinnipiac University poll found that an overwhelming 78 percent of Republicans said they wanted to see Trump run in 2024. By February, that share had slipped to 69 percentin a CBS News-YouGov poll. In June, it was down to53 percent, according to a Politico-Morning Consult poll. And last week, a New York Times-Siena College poll found that just49 percentof Republicans say they would support Trump for a third nomination, while a 51 percent majority wants someone else.
That is a 29-point decline over the past nine months. Trump still has more support than any potential challenger, but more and more Republicans are considering alternatives for 2024.

What’s going on? For one thing, Trump is focused on the wrong things, such as seeking revenge against those he feels betrayed him after the 2020 election. Most Republicans don’t share his lust for vengeance. The CBS-YouGovpollfound that 66 percent approve of Vice President Mike Pence’s actions on Jan. 6, 2021, while just 34 percent agree with Trump that Pence should have obstructed Congress from certifying the election. Only 42 percent want to support primary opponents for those who were “disloyal” to Trump while a 48 percent plurality say that we should “accept those members’ views within the party.” Trump is still spending time on re-litigating the 2020 election, while most Republicans are focused on the serial disasters that President Biden has unleashed on the country since the 2020 election.
Second, there is growing concern that Trump may be the only Republican who could lose to Biden in 2024. Biden is the most unpopular president since Harry S. Truman. His approval rating in the New York Times-Siena poll is just 33 percent. Yet that same poll shows Biden beating Trump in a 2024 rematch, 44 percent to 41 percent. Meanwhile, the RealClearPolitics average shows Trump leading Biden by just 2.5 points. The fact that Trump is either losing or statistically tied with a president who is failing so badly even the majority of Democrats don’t want him to run again should be a major red flag for the GOP.
None of this means Trump can’t win the nomination. In 2016, Trump won the New Hampshire primary with just 35 percent of the vote and then won South Carolina with just 32.5 percent. Indeed, he never broke 50 percent in any GOP primary until New York on April 19 — by which time the field had cleared of all but two opponents, Sen. Ted Cruz (Tex.) and then-Ohio Gov. John Kasich. He won the 2016 nomination by prevailing over a divided field with the support of about one-third of Republican primary voters. He could do so again in 2024.
Indeed, we can see this phenomenon playing out again with Trump endorsements in the 2022 midterms. In Ohio, Trump’s imprimatur put J.D. Vance over the top in the Republican Senate primary. But Vance won with 32 percent of the vote — which means 68 percent of Ohio Republicans voted for someone other than Trump’s candidate. Indeed, Vance already had 10 percent support before Trump endorsed him, so Trump’s endorsement moved about two in 10 Republican voters — enough to prevail in a crowded field but only a small fraction of the GOP electorate.

The same is true in Pennsylvania, where Trump’s endorsement helped Mehmet Oz squeeze out a narrow victory over David McCormick. Oz won with 31 percent of the vote, which means 69 percent of Republicans did not follow Trump’s lead. And Oz already had 16 percent support when Trump endorsed him, which means Trump’s endorsement helped deliver just 15 percent of Republican primary voters.
n the Georgia governor’s race, by contrast, Trump’s handpicked candidate — former U.S. senator David Perdue — was trounced by Gov. Brian Kemp (R) 74 to 22 percent. As in Ohio and Pennsylvania, Trump’s endorsement moved about two in 10 GOP voters — or less. But unlike in Ohio and Pennsylvania, Trump’s endorsed candidate faced a single credible opponent, not a crowded field, and lost.
What this suggests is that if Trump again faces a divided field, with a dozen or more major candidates, he will likely prevail. Indeed, rather than trying to dissuade other Republicans from challenging him for the nomination, Trump should hope for a crowded field — which would allow him to win with a plurality of GOP voters. And for the Republican majority who want someone else as their standard-bearer, they will need to rally around a single candidate, or see Trump prevail."

Even though Biden stands a real chance of beating Trump, I would rather see just about any Repub other than Trump.
While the Trumpy base continues to beat their collective chests, the real Repubs are sneaking back. Unlike many people on this site, main street Repubs don't want that revenge bull shit.

Remember that only @3.2 million people watch Carlson. And of that 3.2 million people, about 700,000 to 900,000 of them are Dems and independents. 74 million people voted Republican. Fox gets nowhere near that number of viewers so it stands to reason that, other than the posters on this site who claim to watch the hearings (but still don't seem to know anything about them), there are a significant number of Repubs that watch the hearings. Those same Repubs see the parade of Repubs giving testimony and don't buy into the Trump/base bullshit.

Could Biden be a better president? Of course. He isn't getting much help from the red states. Trump loves the uneducated. I don't see the Repubs putting country before party anytime soon. I'll settle for them dumping Trump for a starter.
VerySkeptical is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 09:25 PM   #2
Tsmokies
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Anybody but the fucking moron

Dah...he won't run he just needs to charge more money to his cult that attend his "rallies"
Tsmokies is online now   Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 09:30 PM   #3
Salty Again
Valued Poster

.... Thanks for the puff-piece there, mate.
It surely leaves a lot to be desired.

For instance - Trump is STILL the odds-on FAVOURITE to WIN in 2024.
HOW is that possible?

And it's all rather obvious that Sleepy Joe Biden
won't even finish his-own term... let-alone run again in 2024.

Biden won't even be around for Trump to beat.

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 10:49 PM   #4
VerySkeptical
BANNED

It sounds good to me. You just didn't read it. That is a conservative journalist. Trump's support continues to erode.
Plus you know where and who from I get my info.
You're pretty close to the bottom of my list of who I give a shit about what they think or say.
You lie a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post

HOW is that possible?He is? You didn't read the article. Biden by 3% in one and Trump by 2.5 in the other in a head to head in 2024. And that is with Biden's numbers now.
Your word and $3.92 will buy a gallon of gas.

#### Salty
The great part is I'm not tied to Biden.
For you it's sink or swim with Trump. A true boat anchor.
VerySkeptical is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 12:06 AM   #5
bb1961
Valued Poster

You can't get over your TDS...you filling in for VM while he's on bancation??
Tell us why ANYONE would want to vote for brandon with his approval ratings crashing to the lowest of ANY President??
Would he run on the out of control border invasion, the worse economic in over forty years or the GDP in the negative...anyone of those should seal his victory
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 04:53 AM   #6
1blackman1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

Yet he still beats Trump. That should tell you everything you need to know about how Tump is viewed by everyone except the Trumpys
1blackman1 is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 06:13 AM   #7
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

The Democrats worst nightmare is the Republicans running anybody but Trump.

I supported President Trump. I believe he was a good President. Certainly better than the naive fools the Democrats put forth.

But he is old. Old as I am. Age catches up with everyone.

The Republicans need a candidate that is a true conservative at the top of the ticket, and a woman who believes in the things that make America great as the VP pick.

The two buffoons that we now have as President and Vice President should be a warning to the Country.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 06:38 AM   #8
1blackman1
Valued Poster

Cruz Boebert 24. I’m willing to put money in that candidacy.
Old 07-20-2022, 06:41 AM   #9
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

I love the smell of desperation in the morning. If propaganda outlets like the NYT, or whoever this guy works for, actually thought Trump would lose they'd be encouraging him to run, not issuing dire warnings.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 07:31 AM   #10
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
Yet he still beats Trump. That should tell you everything you need to know about how Tump is viewed by everyone except the Trumpys
... It does.

It shows us just how POPULAR Trump remains.

And that Joe couldn't beat Trump without Zuckerberg money,
voter rules being changed right-before and right-after the
election, and of course the Boxes and Boxes of extra ballots.

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 07:59 AM   #11
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:

HOW is that possible?

#### Salty
You want to bet on that Salty? You’re a sporting chap, right?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 08:02 AM   #12
1blackman1
Valued Poster

Quote:
... It does.

It shows us just how POPULAR Trump remains.

And that Joe couldn't beat Trump without Zuckerberg money,
voter rules being changed right-before and right-after the
election, and of course the Boxes and Boxes of extra ballots.

#### Salty
Your posts have gone done the garbage bin of stupidiodiocy.
Old 07-20-2022, 08:02 AM   #13
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerySkeptical View Post
It sounds good to me. You just didn't read it. That is a conservative journalist. Trump's support continues to erode.
Plus you know where and who from I get my info.
You're pretty close to the bottom of my list of who I give a shit about what they think or say.
You lie a lot.

The great part is I'm not tied to Biden.
For you it's sink or swim with Trump. A true boat anchor.
More like a big fat albatross.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 08:35 AM   #14
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
Cruz Boebert 24. I’m willing to put money in that candidacy.

I don't see Cruz being a viable candidate this time around-- too much lack of support in his own state when they've needed it. I'm also hoping that my Republican brethren are smart enough to not put Boebert on a damn ticket. Boebert, MTG, AOC--- all have one thing in common-- too busy pandering to their Twitter feeds to actually make an effort to govern.

I see the asshat from Florida getting the nod.
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 08:48 AM   #15
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Preston View Post

I see the asshat from Florida getting the nod.
I hope not! Just samo samo politics as usual from sleazy desantos
winn dixie is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women