Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70390
biomed160338
Yssup Rider59858
gman4452872
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47442
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35189
Mojojo33117

Old 06-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #16
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

COG, not sure what your point(s) are.

Yes, war of any sort does very bad things to good young men and women who have to kill--something that haunts them the rest of their lives.

Yes, one can legitimately question whether all strikes were justified.

But you seem to go beyond that and have issues with drone attacks BECAUSE they are drones. That is complete BS. If you were outraged just as much by every infantryman, every special ops team, every A-10 or F-16 pilot, then I would probably not taken the time to post. Every one of those people--if that had been the weapon used--would have killed the three people just as dead. Somehow do you think it is more humane to slit your throat up close and personal, or less traumatic to shoot someone from 10 yards away and watch them die?

No, I think you put this article up because you think it is sensational and emotionally tugging, and you seem to be waging a personal war against drones. Personally, I d not like anyone dying in war, period. But there are times it will happen, and I would prefer MY guy is not the one who dies. Stick to pointing out we never should have gone into Iraq, I'll agree with you there. Argue whether we should still be in Afghanistan, there is lots of room for debate there. But when you rant that drone strikes are inherently more evil than the same killings done in a way that puts US troops at risk, you are wrong.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:33 AM   #17
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

War is a horrible thing and leaves scars on people. No two people or experiences are the same. The "scorecard" idea was a particularly bad one in my opinion and could not possibly have served a good purpose. It's good that he can talk about it, bad if he becomes obsessed with it.

My son is a 13F, considering the ordnance he's called down and what he's seen through his binos his experience may be similar, tempered by incoming fire of course. The few times he's talked about it it's been in reference to the soldiers those rounds likely saved, and I'm grateful he sees it that way. That's the kind of "scorecard" this young drone driver should have gotten, how many he saved.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #18
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaintliein View Post
War is a horrible thing and leaves scars on people. No two people or experiences are the same. The "scorecard" idea was a particularly bad one in my opinion and could not possibly have served a good purpose. It's good that he can talk about it, bad if he becomes obsessed with it.

My son is a 13F, considering the ordnance he's called down and what he's seen through his binos his experience may be similar, tempered by incoming fire of course. The few times he's talked about it it's been in reference to the soldiers those rounds likely saved, and I'm grateful he sees it that way. That's the kind of "scorecard" this young drone driver should have gotten, how many he saved.
It's sad, but each soldier will take the impact of what they're doing differently. It's really good your son can look on the positive side of what he's doing though as opposed to letting it get him down.
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #19
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaintliein View Post

thank your son for his service

the rest was well said, +1
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #20
CountryGentleman35
Living a dream

Encounters: 17

I understand this young mans anguish. But losing a step son in Iraq a few years ago to an IED makes me real bitter and cold to this situation.

If he saved just one American soldier, if he saved one American family from becoming a Gold Star Family, it's worth 10 times the number of those he killed.

Remember this, if they had the technology and the ability, they would exterminate us all.

We can either fight them in their own soil or we will fight them in ours.

I vote fight them on their soil.

Thank you for your service young man.

Hold your head up. Be proud.

Thank you for doing what you did to protect our Soldiers, my son and thousands of other sons and daughters.
CountryGentleman35 is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #21
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGentleman35 View Post
I understand this young mans anguish. But losing a step son in Iraq a few years ago to an IED makes me real bitter and cold to this situation.

If he saved just one American soldier, if he saved one American family from becoming a Gold Star Family, it's worth 10 times the number of those he killed.

Remember this, if they had the technology and the ability, they would exterminate us all.

We can either fight them in their own soil or we will fight them in ours.

I vote fight them on their soil.

Thank you for your service young man.

Hold your head up. Be proud.

Thank you for doing what you did to protect our Soldiers, my son and thousands of other sons and daughters.
My heartfelt condolences. I am literally crying as I type this. Bless him and your family.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #22
timpage
Account Disabled

COG, you need to re-read these posts the next time you're pondering an anti-drone rant.

Thanks to all who serve. Please accept my condolences on the loss of your step-son.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #23
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Han View Post
Thanks for explaining how you deal with your down syndrome.

Timpage is right you are the dumbest mother fucker on the board ..Congrats you have made #1
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #24
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
COG, not sure what your point(s) are.
His only point is conveniently displayed on the very 'tippy top' of his tin foil hat!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #25
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

I guess it's time for Whirly to pass the coveted ass shaped DIPSHIT OF THE YEAR CROWN!

What do you think Uncle

HANHANHANHANHANHANHANHANHANHAN HANHANHANHAN!!!!!M
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #26
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I respect the soldier in question greatly. I have no idea how I would react in his situation. Nor would I disrespect the family who has experienced the loss of a child in this combat.

But these actions are not war. Only Congress can declare war. We have no defined objective. We have no definition of victory. We have no exit strategy. Our plan is to kill as many brown people as we can, and hope that some of them are terrorists. In the meantime, we are killing innocent men, women and children who are going about their daily lives. In a declared war with definable objectives, they could be considered collateral damage. In an undeclared, illegal war with no definable objectives, these are murders and crimes against humanity. Not to mention, counterproductive.

If we had a sensible border policy, and adequate security for our outposts around the world, we wouldn't need to be over there. The Muslims were happy killing each other before we started trying to mind their own business in the name of oil. If we left them alone, they would go back to that, and forget about us.

And fewer families would have to endure the empty chair at the Thanksgiving table.

But you call me unAmerican. Go figure.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:46 AM   #27
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Back in the day you were drafted now you volunteer. Some are proud to serve their country some to bitch about it.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:49 AM   #28
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Back in the day you were drafted now you volunteer. Some are proud to serve their country some to bitch about it.
To Hanoi James, bitching and moaning is one of the few things he is good at! Bitching and moaning is kinda like a Bowel Movement, they both start with the letters BM and both come quite natural to HJ.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:57 AM   #29
Rogue_Gent
Valued Poster

Encounters: 86

I remember watching my 12 y.o. nephew playing some violent video game about 15 years ago. I told him that "you know when we start fighting wars with these things their gonna' draft yo' ass."
Rogue_Gent is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #30
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Plywood Whiny, maybe if you had stepped up to defend America, you'd understand how wrong your droning drone rants are.

You do a lot of bitching without presenting alternatives, solutions, he'll, even half-assed ideas.

Here's one ... Go to Salina!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women