Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Member Suggestions and Forum Requests
Member Suggestions and Forum Requests This site is being designed around our membership. Please share your feedback and give suggestions. Use this section to request new forums or changes/updates as well. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 01-05-2010, 11:18 PM   #76
enderwiggin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedHeather View Post
i don't get it...what the hell good does it do to ban people on a day it supposedly was going dark???

btw...longest 24 hours in history.
Talk about empty gestures. Its like having the bouncer kick you out at 2:02.
enderwiggin is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:15 AM   #77
atcav8or
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 6

Htowner,
I agree with what you said...however I must be a bit lost on what you are talking about..."eCRAPS"?
atcav8or is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:30 AM   #78
Mature Companion
Uninhibited Milf

User ID: 1768
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Hold on now. That 10grand they're getting is mine!! For my ocean front property in Arizona.

Since folks are so eager AND gullible to cough up that kind of dough & give to complete strangers. I'll stick my hand out there too and gleefully accept any monies you want to give me. Those ocean front properties in Arizona are going fast. I've got to have one sooner rather than later; Before the bs rolls in with the fog. Oh My, it all ready has!

Aspd was Amber's baby. She had a vision. Her vision died when the good lord
opened his doors to her. eraps is nothing more than a money scam. Regardless of what the gullible folks say.
IF and I mean IF it truly were an honest & legit hobby site in the making. Then any & all questions put forth would have been answered by Angel AND Deuce. They weren't. End of story.
Mature Companion is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:33 AM   #79
rekcaSxT
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 62

Count me out. I have set up my tent here. It is comfy...
rekcaSxT is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:38 AM   #80
Guest022712-3
Account Disabled

User ID: 2245
My ECCIE Reviews

What I am trying to understand is that if there are probate issues with Amber's estate, then how do they propose to move the database over to this new site? The database is property of the estate and unless I am seriously missing something, I don't see how they intend to use it.
Guest022712-3 is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:25 AM   #81
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybax View Post
I can't believe they have somehow managed to get over five thousand dollars in donations thus far. How anyone can donate to them is beyond me.
Note that these are pledges, not donations. There is a difference. I'm reminded of that line from the movie Bad Santa: "Why don't you wish in one hand, and shit in the other. See which one fills up first. " My guess is that they'll be lucky to get half of what is pledged. Maybe a third.

As to the original question, you never say never, but I generally agree that the ill will Amber's family engendered in the final month will be enough to keep me away aside from a every now and then drop in. ASPD was amazingly resilient during it's lifetime to indifferent management, poor software, and long down periods. However, even a dog knows the difference between being kicked and being stumbled over. The high handed manner in the past month -- especially the lack of regret at essentially ripping off paying customers and not even making an honest effort at either continuing the site or refunding paid memberships -- should be enough to sour most folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberLove View Post
What I am trying to understand is that if there are probate issues with Amber's estate, then how do they propose to move the database over to this new site? The database is property of the estate and unless I am seriously missing something, I don't see how they intend to use it.
A very good question. I have heard unverified reports through the grape vine that Amber had a child. Assuming that to be true, unless she left a will to the contrary, her estate should pass to the child and the old site and it's property should be the property of that child. So giving the database away to the theoretical child's aunt is a wasting of the estate's assets and little better than theft from that child which might account for why Grand Ma and the aunt have avoided probate at this point. Of course this is pure speculation on my part. There may not be a child, there may be a will to the contrary, or all of this may have been submitted to the probate court for approval and approved without us knowing. Who knows. But Ms. Love astutely raises a very valid point. The data may not be Jade's to give away.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:40 AM   #82
hobbie
Account Disabled

With DeuceBigalow and let's face it Whispers (really they are basically one in the same in ideas and actions) controlling the new site and making all the rules, the new site will be nothing like what ASPD use to be. For those who are waiting for the old ASPD to come back under a new name will be disappointed IMHO. I will point to one post by Whispers that demonstrates this. He was speaking to DeuceBigalow.

"Does that mean I can post my Newbie Primer on Avoiding Screening -parts 1 and 2 yet?
When I asked a couple of weeks ago you told me they were not quite ready for it yet....."

This statement shows they are working together and will not be Provider friendly, nor do they care about the safety of the Providers as they say they are.
The Old ASPD was Provider and Hobbiest friendly and was concerned about safety as much as possible.

I will go back and forth from ECCIE.net, MidnightLive, and as DeuceBigalow so unkindly puts it on one of his posts homeAlone2.

Hobbie
hobbie is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:50 AM   #83
tracer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Add my dittos to the frustration with how they treated everyone over the last weeks. They might could use those customer service lessons in some future venture, but it is too late to do any good for this one.
tracer is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:35 AM   #84
RobRoy
Premium Access

Encounters: 13

And anyone recommend the best way for me to get banned on ASPD?
BEFORE ITS TOO LATE?
I feel left out!

RR
RobRoy is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:56 AM   #85
Chevalier
Opinionated Curmudgeon

Encounters: 6
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Interesting question, but the answer is not entirely clear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
So giving the database away to the theoretical child's aunt is a wasting of the estate's assets and little better than theft from that child , , , The data may not be Jade's to give away.
An interesting legal question but not exactly giving away assets perhaps. At least my impression was that ERAPS would get a copy of the database ans ASPD would still have the original database. So it becomes more a question of whether the family preserved and maximized the value of the site and database. Would a probate court have required the executor to keep the site running, or find a public policy reason ("may facilitate prostitution") to avoid doing so? My guess is that a court might allow them to continue to run the site but not require them to. Particularly if they didn't want to do so for whatever scruples. But it's an interesting question and all I have is an uneducated guess.

What about selling the site and/or database? Were Angel and Deuce willing to pay a significant amount for the database? Probably not. (But was that perhaps part of what the $10K start-up cost was intended for??). Was anyone else? Would there have been bidders for the database or site if Angel had not announced intent to keep a copy? How does the court determine damages in the absence of an outside bid? The software/hardware had minimal value. Would someone have paid significant amount for the right to use the name but without the database and members? Would someone have paid for a list of members and their contact info -- and would we have been outraged if they sold? So it seems as though either the database (if anyone wanted it by itself) or the existing site would be the only things of significant value. Not sure if anyone would have bought the database by itself -- it's worth less than selling the site itself, as if you import it into a new site, there is less assurance that you'll get a lot of those previous ASPD members to join a new site than how many would stay if ASPD simply continues under new ownership. Not sure if a court would have required the sale of the site itself, particularly if LE or municipal goverment testified it was a public nuisance. Maybe. And I'm not sure how "public" a sale in probate is and how much public knowledge of the buyer's name might depress interest.

And speaking of the database, does that make those who copied posts -- particularly reviews -- and reposted them here thieves? Could a court pursue either them or ASPD staff for diluting the value of the database by allowing copies of a portion of it? Would a prospective purchaser of the database have lowered the bid as a result of all of that going on? Should we criticize those who re-posted reviews here as stealing from a minor child?

If legal questions were straight-forward, no one would have to pay big bucks to lawyers. God forbid.
Chevalier is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #86
Htowner
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by atcav8or View Post
Htowner,
I agree with what you said...however I must be a bit lost on what you are talking about..."eCRAPS"?
The new site's name will be eraps,hence the joke eCRAPs
Htowner is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #87
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

I suspect that ecraps will now stick.........too funny.
dearhunter is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:17 AM   #88
Guest040810-3
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

the tribe has spoken, "ecraps" it is!
Guest040810-3 is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:19 AM   #89
npita
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
A very good question. I have heard unverified reports through the grape vine that Amber had a child. Assuming that to be true, unless she left a will to the contrary, her estate should pass to the child and the old site and it's property should be the property of that child. So giving the database away to the theoretical child's aunt is a wasting of the estate's assets and little better than theft from that child which might account for why Grand Ma and the aunt have avoided probate at this point. Of course this is pure speculation on my part. There may not be a child, there may be a will to the contrary, or all of this may have been submitted to the probate court for approval and approved without us knowing. Who knows. But Ms. Love astutely raises a very valid point. The data may not be Jade's to give away.
It may be an even more interesting question, since a database is not copyrightable and there would be a question of what kind of property it would be or if it is even property at all. What is copyrightable is the interface to the database, but then it becomes an issue of who owns the interface under the ``works for hire'' provisions of the copyright laws. I imagine that litigating this would be very expensive to the estate not to mention lengthy.
npita is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:05 AM   #90
PurplRose
Account Disabled

User ID: 2807
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcaSxT View Post
Count me out. I have set up my tent here. It is comfy...
Same here.
PurplRose is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women