Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 09-26-2018, 11:57 AM   #241
marvelousntx
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
c'mon Scribe, LOL.. you are suggesting that people who have their guns taken away, would resort to knifings and beatings, etc., in a manner that would NOT decrease violent crime in general??
That is exactly what he's saying. That's the first thing people like him yell, they will just find some other way to commit the crime. I don't think a kid would be able to walk into his school and kill five or six kids with a baseball bat, and I would much rather have a better chance of being knifed than being shot.
marvelousntx is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:00 PM   #242
FunMonday
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

This is not a gun debate. It’s a thread about a DPD cop being seriously incompetent and her huge mistake. If you aurgue that guns are the problem in this case you are saying cops should not have guns.
FunMonday is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 01:45 PM   #243
Crock
Upgraded Male Account

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunMonday View Post
This is not a gun debate. It’s a thread about a DPD cop being seriously incompetent and her huge mistake. If you aurgue that guns are the problem in this case you are saying cops should not have guns.
I disagree. The horrible situation could have just as easily been created by someone licensed to carry a gun instead of an off duty cop. Her wearing a badge had little to do with this tragedy.
Crock is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 02:00 PM   #244
FunMonday
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crock View Post
I disagree. The horrible situation could have just as easily been created by someone licensed to carry a gun instead of an off duty cop. Her wearing a badge had little to do with this tragedy.
I agree this cluster fuck could have happened by someone carrying a gun but she is for a fact held to a higher standard like any other cop. This situation did not take place because she had a gun or a knife or if she knew Kung Fu. It happened because she is incompetent.

In fairness I can understand being tired and stressed. Maybe to the point of going to the wrong apartment but she made a huge error in judgment. The round that missed him was just as lethal to someone as the second round that killed him. That’s wholesale incompetence gun or no gun

DPD was equally incompetent by not immediately arresting her. They should have at least held her to limit their liability and to avoid the court of public opinio.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:57 PM   #245
grean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
DPD was equally incompetent by not immediately arresting her. They should have at least held her to limit their liability and to avoid the court of public opinio.
+1

If all police in these instances were treated like everyone else without a badge, that would make a huge dent in the mistrust issue. It's supposed to be a thin blue line, after all.

Based on her statement at the scene, that should have let any reasonable person know, cop or otherwise, that it's highly likely the shooting was unjustified.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 12:30 AM   #246
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Finally, somebody gets it all right!!!
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 08:00 AM   #247
grean
Valued Poster

Quote:
Any guesses of how many police will remain if they aren't allowed to carry?

I'm going with ZERO.

Police can and should be held accountable.

It's silly to discuss disarming them.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 10:02 AM   #248
FunMonday
Account Disabled

If you do your research you will find that compared to other large police departments and counties Dallas PD has a significant number of fuck ups. Granted there are arguably more fuck ups in Dallas as compared to Collin but the frequency in which the city fucks things up never ceases to amaze me. Only in Dallas to do see school budgets pillaged, the feds swarming the home of a city council member (Willy Price), a revolving door in the DAs office, a DA off to to rehab and total chaos year after year. Sure we have Ken Paxton’s felony indictment in Collin but is anyone really surprised that a Dallas cop shoots and kills an innocent black man in a total fuck up and not even get arrested until the Texas Rangers step in?
Old 09-27-2018, 10:21 AM   #249
grean
Valued Poster

Quote:
If you do your research you will find that compared to other large police departments and counties Dallas PD has a significant number of fuck ups. Granted there are arguably more fuck ups in Dallas as compared to Collin but the frequency in which the city fucks things up never ceases to amaze me. Only in Dallas to do see school budgets pillaged, the feds swarming the home of a city council member (Willy Price), a revolving door in the DAs office, a DA off to to rehab and total chaos year after year. Sure we have Ken Paxton’s felony indictment in Collin but is anyone really surprised that a Dallas cop shoots and kills an innocent black man in a total fuck up and not even get arrested until the Texas Rangers step in?
I'm not sure how any of that is an argument for why police shouldn't carry.

DPD admittedly needs more training. The police still need to be armed.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 10:48 AM   #250
FunMonday
Account Disabled

Obviously the police should have guns. I firmly support that. I’m saying DPD and the city needs to take a hard look at themselves and realize they are incompetent. Not detaining an officer after she shoots and kills someone not in the course of her duty should be treated as any other criminal investigation. Not waiting around for several days. This delay not only looks incompetent but it potentially spoiled evidence (primarily toxicology) that could have been used to convict her or even free her on an innocent (but very stupid) mistake. Now the public is left wondering. The complaining witness cannot speak. He’s dead. Apparently there are no witnesses and the cop has already made conflicting statements. That’s a very incompetent way to manage this situation.
Old 09-27-2018, 06:47 PM   #251
Tsmokies
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

DPD is another reason I don't do Dallas. They don't want to pay their cops. They have better things to "waste" taxpayer money on. The smart cops get a job in the surrounding cities and make more money with less stress. Dallas has to be the bottom of the barrel to be in law enforcement so they get what they (don't) pay for.
Tsmokies is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 12:05 PM   #252
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjames View Post
Great Post MT..
Thanks!
MT Pockets is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 12:07 PM   #253
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelousntx View Post
Someone should explain this to the right to bear arms morons who think they are going to have some armed insurrection against the government. I still wait for the day that the Minutemen run out there and get mowed down by a few Apache helicopters.
No kidding! While I am a gun owner and hope to stay that way. There is no way the Citizens could "rise up".
Old 09-28-2018, 12:17 PM   #254
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Quote:
Spot on!
Old 10-09-2018, 01:39 PM   #255
grean
Valued Poster

Van Dyke ruling in Chicago doesn't bode well for this ex cop....

People are beginning to call bs on bad judgment by police.
grean is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women