Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 260
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70359
biomed160173
Yssup Rider59819
gman4452817
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47402
pyramider46370
bambino40244
CryptKicker37046
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 09-15-2018, 10:40 AM   #121
wfguy71
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Three View Post
Honestly, even walking in on a burglary has a low chance of resulting in a burglar just shooting and killing you. As a cop, she would know that. Any cop or 911 operator would tell you to get out and not engage. Now in this case, I don’t know if you knew Jean was black or not. If it was so dark inside and she was coming from a lit hallway, he may have been a shadowy figure. But, still she had better options than just shooting him.

I agree, she wasn't trained to fire into a dark apartment with no immediate threat. Clearly, she made a series of mistakes. I'm still not sure she committed a crime, but it doesn't sound like she well suited to be a LEO.

The entire thing is tragic and horrible. I just hate seeing Jean's death being used to further a political agenda. But that's probably more American than racism.
wfguy71 is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:45 AM   #122
hangryhip
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

I wonder if cops would be so quick to shoot if we had stricter gun laws.
hangryhip is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 11:02 AM   #123
Guest083119
Account Disabled

User ID: 444493

I never said I think the police are randomly bullying black people. Though through extensive academic study and personal experience, I do think Driving While Black is a very real thing. But so is driving on the I-10 corridor with out of state plates (my white coworker who is about as preppy as they come got stopped at least 6 times until he got Texas plates). But my one black neighbor has been stopped in my neighborhood 3 times in 6 months whereas I don’t know one white person EVER stopped in my area.

The issue is that even if there is some statistical data that certain groups are more likely to commit crimes, police need to be trained to look beyond skin color in ascertaining threats.

Using race as a qualifier is wrong. The statistics are skewed for many of the reasons you mentioned. People from lower socioeconomic backgrounds are more likely to be involved negatively with police. Black people are disproportionately represented in lower socioeconomic groups.

If I really thought cops were acting without racial bias, you know what I think I’d see? Id see more cops shooting unarmed people when responding to Domestic Violence calls. These are said to be amongst the most dangerous situations for police. Tragically, many cops are killed.

Because of the population, the majority of these calls involve white people. But still, more cops get killed during these incidents than cops killing unarmed people. Why don’t they shoot first in this situations, even in light of their training that these are some of the most serious and dangerous calls?
Guest083119 is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 11:04 AM   #124
Guest083119
Account Disabled

User ID: 444493

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfguy71 View Post
I agree, she wasn't trained to fire into a dark apartment with no immediate threat. Clearly, she made a series of mistakes. I'm still not sure she committed a crime, but it doesn't sound like she well suited to be a LEO.

The entire thing is tragic and horrible. I just hate seeing Jean's death being used to further a political agenda. But that's probably more American than racism.
Agreed.
Guest083119 is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 12:40 PM   #125
wfguy71
Gaining Momentum

I don't think anyone would say the police act without any bias. I doubt that anyone has no bias. But the narrative is certainly being pushed that the police target and murder black men. I'm saying that if you actually look at the numbers, it is beyond incredibly rare.

There was there was a Harvard study done in 2016 on this exact subject, and they found that there was no racial differences in the data on OIS. No one has heard about it, of course, because it doesn't fit the narrative.

There was an officer just killed in Fort Worth confronting an armed robbery crew. One of three robbers was shot and killed. His dad is already posting on Facebook that all his son did was return fire and shoot the officer in the face, that hs son was a warrior and was murdered.

That "us vs them" attitude is what comes from this narrative. Which, I think, is the entire point.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:46 PM   #126
wfguy71
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangryhip View Post
I wonder if cops would be so quick to shoot if we had stricter gun laws.

Stricter for the police, or for everyone else?
Old 09-15-2018, 01:03 PM   #127
hangryhip
Valued Poster

This divide of "us vs them" will continue. Nothing will change when you have two halves of a population living in different realities.

Things that need to be addressed for a fix.
-gerrymandering
-gun laws

-dark money in politics. NRA funneling Russian money. Russians aren't allowed to own guns but they dump millions into the NRA. https://www.npr.org/2018/03/01/59007...-ties-revealed

-drug war -https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/22/o...alization.html

-fake news - Russians playing both sides https://www.npr.org/2017/10/30/56004...k-lives-matter

-Bring back the fairness doctrine
Old 09-15-2018, 01:04 PM   #128
hangryhip
Valued Poster

Quote:
Stricter for the police, or for everyone else?
For everyone else. A gun should be hard to get.
Old 09-15-2018, 02:25 PM   #129
wfguy71
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
For everyone else. A gun should be hard to get.

If the police are murdering people out of racial bias, I don't think arming them even further in comparison to the general public is the answer. That's like making rope more difficult to buy for non-Klan members.

A gun will never be hard to get. And frankly, I've never seen any evidence that fewer guns would lower violent crime. In fact, it might be the opposite.
Old 09-15-2018, 04:46 PM   #130
hangryhip
Valued Poster

Quote:
If the police are murdering people out of racial bias, I don't think arming them even further in comparison to the general public is the answer. That's like making rope more difficult to buy for non-Klan members.

A gun will never be hard to get. And frankly, I've never seen any evidence that fewer guns would lower violent crime. In fact, it might be the opposite.
Links?
Old 09-15-2018, 04:59 PM   #131
wfguy71
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Links?

Sure, what would you like a link to?
Old 09-15-2018, 05:23 PM   #132
hangryhip
Valued Poster

Quote:
Sure, what would you like a link to?
Old 09-15-2018, 07:25 PM   #133
JalapenoPopper
Account Disabled

Thumbs down

Quote:
Rex, I agree. It’s mostly coincidental that she’s white and he was black. I don’t think she’d have acted differently if it was a white guy in the apartment. I do think she would have acted differently if it was a woman.

Come on now, she most definitely would have acted differently if it was a white guy. I'm not saying this is what happened but my guess is the AA acted rude towards the female cop. As apposed to a white guy he would of been more calm. This is common behavior.
JalapenoPopper is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 11:52 PM   #134
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdutchman View Post
This horrible incident IS NOT RACIST OR POLITICAL like the social justice activist are just pushing Outrage for their agenda. Really could have been anyone. ( Even Orourke is get into the picture now just outrageous ).
Its about a bad cop bad training, supervision hiring, working to long etc , the city of Dallas should be held liable.
Justice will occur may take some time ( you can have it fast and she wins at trial , or good , can't have it both ways , just my opinion....
Well thank God. We can all rest easy now because you've solved the problem. If on;y you’d have shown up earlier, we could have avoided all this.

You really think because YOU claim you don’t see any racial angle in this that there isn’t one? None so blind as those who will not see.
TexTushHog is online now   Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 11:58 PM   #135
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Rex, I agree. It’s mostly coincidental that she’s white and he was black. I don’t think she’d have acted differently if it was a white guy in the apartment. I do think she would have acted differently if it was a woman.
Lots of assumptions there. You sure her version of the facts are correct? The other witness can’t speak.

You think it’s a given that if the victim had been white, she still would have been released instead of taken into custody? Or charged only with manslaughter?

You sure that the public would be so sympathetic to the officer and not more outraged that a citizen was gunned down by a cop while nminding their own business in their own home?

You sure there wouldn't be more hell raised about this being the second person she had shot if the victim hadn’t been black? Or her apparently poor training? Or leaks about dope in the victim’s apartment? Or all the pity about her ruined career instead of her gunning down a citizen?
TexTushHog is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women