Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70372
biomed160247
Yssup Rider59828
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47412
pyramider46370
bambino40269
CryptKicker37060
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 02-19-2019, 11:04 AM   #16
eccielover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Have you read the Constitution and do you understand checks and balances?

The Constitution gave Congress the power of the purse, not the President.

Why have a congress if the President can run roughshod over them.

That is really just a Banana Republic.

This is a much bigger deal than many of you short sighted Trumpers think.
Yes, I've read the constitution and I think understand it far better than you do.

The power of the purse was given to Congress and specifically to initiate spending in the House. Congress has passed laws giving discretion of certain funding to the POTUS, and has granted the POTUS powers to determine usage of the those funds in a national emergency.

This is what Trump did. Congress could easily(laughing) pass a bill to rescind these powers they gave the executive or even try(laughing again) to pass a bill to explicitly say the POTUS doesn't have the power to use these funds at his disposal for the wall.

It's all within Constitutional rules as we operate today.

I'd be happy to go back to Congress dealing with each and every appropriation and dollar individually. It would so hamper the Federal bureaucracy as to be beautiful.

But that's not where we are at today.
eccielover is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:47 AM   #17
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

We have never had a crisis based on the fact that Congress would not give the President money he wanted.

That is not a crisis that is a temper tantrum.

We shall see how the Court rules.

If the Courts rule in the Presidents favor...it has ceded too much power to the President imho. I actually think Roberts will fuck this up for Trump and save the country from future tyranny.

Trumps tit for tat with Roberts may come back to haunt him.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:52 AM   #18
bamscram
Valued Poster

Trumps rubes are sticking with him.
bamscram is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:23 PM   #19
eccielover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
We have never had a crisis based on the fact that Congress would not give the President money he wanted.
But we have had lots of POTUS's, specifically including the last administration take whatever actions are within their power when Congress doesn't give them what they want. Whether by executive order or national emergency, they have taken their powers to the mat to get their agenda.

How is really the national emergency different from the Pen and Phone executive order philosophy.

Again, I'd be happy to throw it all out and go back to making Congress allocate and vote on every dollar, but that would neuter their ability to actually run the government as we know it.

Like an executive order, the next POTUS can shut off the national emergency declaration.

Face it, Trump played the odds and is still going to get what he feels is needed for national security. Sour Grapes don't apply.
eccielover is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:32 PM   #20
bamscram
Valued Poster

Trump undermined his argument, when he said that he didn't need to do it now, but it was faster.
If he didn't need to do it now, then there is no national emergency.
bamscram is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:32 PM   #21
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccielover View Post
Face it, Trump played the odds and is still going to get what he feels is needed for national security. Sour Grapes don't apply.

Okay by me. Voter opinion is heavily against his actions. In this poll, 63% of the all-important Independent voters are against Trump declaring a national emergency in order to build his wall. 33% approve.

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/19/69572...onal-emergency

Trump is once against acting to appease his power base, which he has absolutely no chance of losing under any conditions. And by doing so he is alienating most other voters.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:50 PM   #22
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Okay by me. Voter opinion is heavily against his actions. In this poll, 63% of the all-important Independent voters are against Trump declaring a national emergency in order to build his wall. 33% approve.

Trump is once against acting to appease his power base, which he has absolutely no chance of losing under any conditions. And by doing so he is alienating most other voters.
Right you are.

He’s fighting hard for the low hanging fruit.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 02:02 PM   #23
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post

is he? that depends on how you ask the question doesn't it? you are using a poll that states a majority do not support a National Emergency on the particular topic of Border Security.

now ask the question of Border Security and you get a different picture. the majority of polled Americans show overwhelming support of Border Security. the use of a National Emergency poll only shows people would rather Congress do what they intended to begin with.

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/23/58003...o-and-dont-say

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/07/k...rder-security/

So .... if the majority of polled Americans don't like the use of a National Emergency on the topic of Border Security, then why are the poll numbers of the specific topic of Border Security so high as a major concern?
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 02:06 PM   #24
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Why not ask the question as “freedom?”

You’d get a different answer yet.

What’s your point?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 02:21 PM   #25
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Why not ask the question as “freedom?”

You’d get a different answer yet.

What’s your point?
No. you'd just get a different percentage. about like asking "Is the Moon made out of cheese?

if just one person really thinks the moon is made of cheese then it's not 100% No is it?

now it's 99% to 1% then you just "eliminate" those pesky data points and guess what??

Now you have a poll that says .. "!00% of people surveyed think the Moon is made of Cheese!"

Remember sport, there's only two answers to a yes/no question.

unless you take the 5th! BAHAA
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 02:24 PM   #26
Hotrod511
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
No. you'd just get a different percentage. about like asking "Is the Moon made out of cheese?

if just one person really thinks the moon is made of cheese then it's not 100% No is it?

now it's 99% to 1% then you just "eliminate" those pesky data points and guess what??

Now you have a poll that says .. "!00% of people surveyed think the Moon is made of Cheese!"

I doubt that will sink in but it's worth a try
Hotrod511 is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 02:35 PM   #27
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
is he? that depends on how you ask the question doesn't it? you are using a poll that states a majority do not support a National Emergency on the particular topic of Border Security.

now ask the question of Border Security and you get a different picture. the majority of polled Americans show overwhelming support of Border Security. the use of a National Emergency poll only shows people would rather Congress do what they intended to begin with.

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/23/58003...o-and-dont-say

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/07/k...rder-security/

So .... if the majority of polled Americans don't like the use of a National Emergency on the topic of Border Security, then why are the poll numbers of the specific topic of Border Security so high as a major concern?

I want border security. At his point in time, I have no problem with the scaled down wall that is proposed to being built, not the monstrosity that Trump originally proposed. However, declaring a national emergency and Trump usurping the responsibilities of the Congress I do not support. We elect people to Congress. One of their responsibilities is to come up with a budget, which they've done. Trump either approves or rejects that budget. He approved. Trump did not like it but he didn't want to be responsible for a 2nd government shutdown the first of which negatively impacted his approval rating. So instead of waiting for another budget cycle in which he might get more money for his wall, he is trying an end run. Good luck!
Old 02-19-2019, 02:37 PM   #28
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:

Take a course in Market Research 101 and you will understand polling techniques a little better.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:10 PM   #29
Little Monster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 109

Little Monster is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:34 PM   #30
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Throughout his two terms, I never said that President Obama was not my President. I did everything in my power to see that many of his programs did not come fruition, and believeed his general attitude toward the job was wrong.

But he was still my President.
Jackie S is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women