Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 01-15-2018, 10:23 AM   #16
grean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau Becot View Post
What has the league office concerned (and television in particular) that it ends up being Minnesota vs Jacksonville. Think about that for a second....

......how does NBC's crack marketing team promote a potential matchup between qb's Case Keenum and Blake Bortles? Doesn't exactly ring of those highly anticipated Tom Brady-Peyton Manning matchups we enjoyed for so many years, does it?

Worse than that perhaps would be that said contest bogs down and becomes a mirror of Wild Card weekend's Jags-Bills defensive 10-3 battle? Should that occur, the results could be a ratings nightmare once the dust settles....

I don't think a viking v jaguar match up would be a ratings nightmere necessarily. It could be bad, but chances are it'll be a fun game. Same with an Eagles v Jaguar match up

I actually could see more or a chance of a boring game with a pats v viking pairing. The vikings defense will give the pats enough problems to keep the pats score down. Keenum, will fudge enough to keep their own score down against a relatively poor pats defense.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:01 PM   #17
TheWanderer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Would love to see the Jags with that fast defense shock New England.
TheWanderer is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:10 PM   #18
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

[QUOTE=grean;1060386666]I don't think a viking v jaguar match up would be a ratings nightmere necessarily. It could be bad, but chances are it'll be a fun game. Same with an Eagles v Jaguar match up .QUOTE]

This past weekend, 3 out of 4 games went down to the wire, grean....several you might even go as far as calling them fun games. Well, guess what....? Once the final tally came in, the top brass at the networks didn't think those numbers looked so fun. Let's take a look.....

Wild Card weekend...the Sat/Sun games dropped collectively from last year's numbers 11.5% (and that drop is on top of the regular season's decline of 9.7%). Speaking of the regular season, that near 10% decline compounds things even further for the league since they were already coming off a decline of 14.5% during the 2016 season.

Divisional Weekend wasn't much better (comparing games played in the same timeslots during Jan of 2017):

Saturday's games....Titans/Patriots down 9%; lowest since 2000......Falcons/Eagles down 5%
Sunday's games.....Jaguars/Steelers down 7%.....and the premier game of the weekend (in spite of a historic finish) Saints/Vikings was down a whopping 23%. All told, its the lowest rated Divisional Weekend since 2009 and the 3rd lowest since 2002.

TV execs are bracing for even more declines this coming weekend. Three teams have little to no star power (nor are they "national brands" as one mentioned, ie: Green Bay and Dallas).

Again...your suggested "fun game" (scenario Vikes-Jags) has the potential of becoming an all-time TV clunker if these declines continue. That said, commercial spots for the upcoming Super Bowl are almost sold out (fetching more than $5M per 30-second slot....ye gads.)
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:18 PM   #19
TheWanderer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Well, that's all true but even a clunker SuperBowl blows away everything else on TV that night.
Should every SB consist of New England/Pittsburgh vs. Dallas/Green Bay?
Someone should tell that to all the small-market teams. "You don't belong."

In the words of Mark Cuban - Pigs get fat and Hogs get slaughtered. Maybe the NFL has reached their price-point.
Or is the National Anthem thing? Another "Win" for Trump...lol
Maybe he'll even learn the words to it after this.
Doubt much of the team visits your new crib Donald.

I intend to watch it no matter who is playing. I've watched every one since 1969 (and I was very, very young then). There have been some bad games in which I was not paying attention the whole time, but I intend to watch it - glued to it simply for the historical significance.
TheWanderer is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:13 PM   #20
CG2014
Premium Access

Encounters: 101

I sure do hope Jacksonville beats the cheating Patriots.

I hate Brady and Belichick and that entire team of cheating arrogant New England motherfuckers.
CG2014 is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:42 PM   #21
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

I feel like the Patriots will get it done.

Pats 24
Jax 17
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:54 PM   #22
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG2014 View Post
I sure do hope Jacksonville beats the cheating Patriots.

I hate Brady and Belichick and that entire team of cheating arrogant New England motherfuckers.

One of the cowsheep bleating because the Patriots are a dynasty.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:05 AM   #23
grean
Valued Poster

[QUOTE=Chateau Becot;1060390702]
Quote:
Originally Posted by grean View Post
I don't think a viking v jaguar match up would be a ratings nightmere necessarily. It could be bad, but chances are it'll be a fun game. Same with an Eagles v Jaguar match up .QUOTE]

This past weekend, 3 out of 4 games went down to the wire, grean....several you might even go as far as calling them fun games. Well, guess what....? Once the final tally came in, the top brass at the networks didn't think those numbers looked so fun. Let's take a look.....

Wild Card weekend...the Sat/Sun games dropped collectively from last year's numbers 11.5% (and that drop is on top of the regular season's decline of 9.7%). Speaking of the regular season, that near 10% decline compounds things even further for the league since they were already coming off a decline of 14.5% during the 2016 season.

Divisional Weekend wasn't much better (comparing games played in the same timeslots during Jan of 2017):

Saturday's games....Titans/Patriots down 9%; lowest since 2000......Falcons/Eagles down 5%
Sunday's games.....Jaguars/Steelers down 7%.....and the premier game of the weekend (in spite of a historic finish) Saints/Vikings was down a whopping 23%. All told, its the lowest rated Divisional Weekend since 2009 and the 3rd lowest since 2002.

TV execs are bracing for even more declines this coming weekend. Three teams have little to no star power (nor are they "national brands" as one mentioned, ie: Green Bay and Dallas).

Again...your suggested "fun game" (scenario Vikes-Jags) has the potential of becoming an all-time TV clunker if these declines continue. That said, commercial spots for the upcoming Super Bowl are almost sold out (fetching more than $5M per 30-second slot....ye gads.)
Hey, if i was betting, I would not disagree with you...

It may be a fun game watched by fewer people than a the eagles v. Pats.

The network could be giving extra commercial runs for those 5 mil ads if the ratings don't pan out.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 06:09 AM   #24
Chung Tran
BANNED

I predict a Vikings-Pats Superbowl.. if that pans out, there is a natural excitement factor.. I would think.. Vikings on their own turf, playing the longtime Champs, and last year amazing comeback Champs, to boot. if the NFL can't spin that as exciting, well.. it is probably hopeless.
Old 01-19-2018, 01:53 PM   #25
grean
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
I predict a Vikings-Pats Superbowl.. if that pans out, there is a natural excitement factor.. I would think.. Vikings on their own turf, playing the longtime Champs, and last year amazing comeback Champs, to boot. if the NFL can't spin that as exciting, well.. it is probably hopeless.
Funny enough, the league is predicting that too. NFL.com ad has viking pat matchup....

Now I have to root for Eagles vs. Jag matchup. Got to buck against the man.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 04:07 PM   #26
CG2014
Premium Access

Fucking Patriots!

Arrogant cheating motherfuckers!
Old 01-21-2018, 04:12 PM   #27
Chung Tran
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
I feel like the Patriots will get it done.

Pats 24
Jax 17

Tran, you are good at this
Old 01-21-2018, 04:21 PM   #28
MikeQuality
Valued Poster

Encounters: 52

The patriots are gifted and coached correctly unlike (Garrett,mostly Jones). With an easy possible road win to a Superbowl title. Did I want the jags to win yes, but the pats played great. Bortles played good but was not clutch like Brady.

I hope the eagles loose our location is enough said.
MikeQuality is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 04:27 PM   #29
CG2014
Premium Access

I don't mind a good team that is competitive and plays well and wins games but the Patriots act like they are supposed to be in the Super Bowl every year not because they play well and have good coaching, but because they are owed and deserve it above any other team and that no one else should be there but them!

That's the kind of arrogance that I can't stand.

Plus they have been caught cheating twice already. For each time they were caught cheating, how many dozen times they weren't caught which helped them win games they would otherwise not had won if they didn't cheat?

Once a cheater always a cheater!

Tom Brady is also one of the biggest assholes off the field ever in the history of the NFL.

Many NFL players are down to earth off field and help in the community and give back, not Tom.

He has a big head like his shit doesn't stink and his wife Gisele has an even bigger stuck up head than he does.
Old 01-21-2018, 04:48 PM   #30
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

The cowsheep are waiting until NEXT year, again.
pyramider is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women