Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160186
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452823
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40247
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 04-05-2019, 06:47 PM   #1
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Purchasing fine rugs while traveling ...

Anyone have any interesting stories about trying to purchase a floor rug while traveling overseas? Maybe in Morocco? Or parts of Asia?

Interested in rugs that get better with age. From the outside looking in, sometimes it seems as if rug selling is a bit of a racket. Did some research on this years and years ago but not finding anything, tonight, on a simple search.

Looking forward to the discussion!
Elisabeth
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:29 AM   #2
KosherCowboy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers View Post
Anyone have any interesting stories about trying to purchase a floor rug while traveling overseas? Maybe in Morocco? Or parts of Asia?

Interested in rugs that get better with age. From the outside looking in, sometimes it seems as if rug selling is a bit of a racket. Did some research on this years and years ago but not finding anything, tonight, on a simple search.

Looking forward to the discussion!
Elisabeth
Grandparents used to buy them in Asia, India ( tech Asia) and the Middle East and either shipped them back like the stores that sell fine china worldwide or the Delft products in the Netherlands do all wrapped very well. Costs a little extra but many include shipping in price. When I was in Madrid I sent a ' house warming' gift to my sister in the USA and the tableware was a few hundred Euros and I think another 50 Euros to send anywhere in the world ( within reason)

Same with the rugs. When I was in Panama City took a tour of some Indian villages where they ( thru help of Panamanian government) sold rugs to support the villages and those rugs would be shipped back to the USA with a surcharge. All the above products go thru customs here as well; than gets delivered to your home.

I remember when in Israel the family buying a bunch of rugs in the Arab markets of Jerusalem and we had to drop them off at the ' oversize baggage' check in at Ben Gurian ( where they put them thru all kinds of security checks, normal for Tel Aviv) and pay a surcharge than you pick them up in your destination from the oversize baggage belt ( like you see skis on in Denver's DIA) baggage areas.

Istanbul and Morocco alike I am sure would happily welcome your business and be happy to assist you in taking your floor coverings home or getting them sent to you..

Excellent quality too for a fraction of the cost of buying them here, if take care of them last ages. My sister has all the floor coverings handed down over the years all still in great shape some over 20 even 30 years old! I know there are specific cleaning instructions as certain cleaners/products can destroy the coloring or break down the fabrics which is something I would add to your research and purchase a rug ( even if costs more) that will stand the test of time.

Happy shopping, for the right price everything and anything is for sale... Enjoy your travels.
KosherCowboy is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:14 PM   #3
HoustonDan
Premium Access

Encounters: 51

I own several Persian and Turkish rugs. Of the ones I’ve purchase while overseas, the shipping back to the States is fairly straightforward. Most solid rug merchants know the ins and outs and will make sure all is well.

My most recent purchase was a Turkish rug purchase from a place just outside the Grand Bazaar. It is a large rug that occupies my entryway in my home. It is very elegant and well made. The merchant and I bargained on the price for about thirty minutes and I ended up getting a great deal. When you have cash in your hand and a car waiting outside things tend to go well.

It arrived a time my home about three weeks after I purchased it. Solid experience and I enjoy seeing the rug everyday.
HoustonDan is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women