Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70398
biomed160407
Yssup Rider59880
gman4452898
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47481
pyramider46370
bambino40298
CryptKicker37070
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35252
Mojojo33117

Old 02-06-2024, 07:54 PM   #1
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69
Default false statements on bank loan applications

A former top prosecutor for the city of Baltimore was convicted Tuesday on one count of mortgage fraud. Marilyn Mosby testified she unwittingly made false statements on loan applications to buy two Florida vacation homes.

When it comes to Mr. Trump, the MAGA men say he has been unfairly singled out in the NY fraud trial, where he lied on bank loan applications....that everyone does it in his business....and that there was no "victim".

Interesting comparison.
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 06:13 AM   #2
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

It is my understanding that none of Mr. Trump's loans were ever questioned by the lenders. None of these loans were challenged in court by any of the lenders. None of the loans were in default. Everyone got back their principal as well as the agre3ed on vigorish.

The value of real property can only ve established with a handshake and an exchange of money. In real estate, there is no credble MSRP.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 07:20 AM   #3
VitaMan
Valued Poster

The topic is false statements on bank loan applications.

Did Mr. Trump do that ? Per all the documents reviewed, the answer seems to be yes. False statements on bank loan applications is against the law.
Old 02-07-2024, 08:27 AM   #4
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU 812 View Post

The value of real property can only be established with a handshake and an exchange of money. In real estate, there is no credble MSRP.
Oh- well I wonder how the tax-man goes about creating a sense of value, as well as a lender?

And

If one is incorrect, does the tax guy or the lender file charges- if they were led to believe the value was somehow manipulated?

And lets say a pattern emerges where the 'seller' of said property does the inflation/ deflation game on a consistent basis, then would it not be proper for the legal authorities who oversee the laws on valuations step in???

The time to take corrective actions isn't after the ponzi scheme is over and nobody has a penny in their pocket. It should be done when there is observation of mal-feasance and the intent to dissuade parties of interest, including the tax man, when someone lies about assets values and terms.

An ounce of prevention instead of a pound of cure.
eyecu2 is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 08:37 AM   #5
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaMan View Post
... where he lied on bank loan applications....
So you're say'n Trump personally filled out those loan apps. Eh? You know, like every CEO of a global real estate corporation does, presumably to save paying professionals and underlings out of his multi-billion personal accounts. That's your theory?!?

I may be able to help you here. Certainly willing to try. Stare at the center of...

Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 08:49 AM   #6
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecu2 View Post
...An ounce of prevention instead of a pound of cure.
As to the ounce of prevention - try saying you have no clue about how real estate works without saying "you have no clue about how real estate works".

As to the pound of cure - try to borrow $2million bucks to purchase a $200K property and report back to us with your findings.

Also, cut the cord...
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 09:12 AM   #7
ICU 812
Valued Poster

False statements on ATF forms carry a felony charge.
Old 02-07-2024, 09:35 AM   #8
VitaMan
Valued Poster

False statements submitted to a federally insured bank, to get the bank to loan you depositors money, is a crime.

The former Baltimore prosecutor is learning that the hard way. Mr. Trump is learning it too, since the only matter left is how much he needs to pay for doing that.
Old 02-07-2024, 10:32 AM   #9
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
So you're say'n Trump personally filled out those loan apps. Eh? You know, like every CEO of a global real estate corporation does, presumably to save paying professionals and underlings out of his multi-billion personal accounts. That's your theory?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
As to the ounce of prevention - try saying you have no clue about how real estate works without saying "you have no clue about how real estate works".

As to the pound of cure - try to borrow $2million bucks to purchase a $200K property and report back to us with your findings.

Apparently you think that the loan applications don't have a statement on the bottom relating to the truthfulness of the application: called a loan attestation statement. It's on 95% of loan applications and CERTAINLY on every application that Trump or any officer of his company signed. Looks like this:

"I do hereby attest that this information is true, accurate and complete to the best of my knowledge and I understand that any falsification, omission, or concealment of material fact may subject me to administrative, civil, or criminal liability"

Having filled out many of these and having worked in the banking side of business for 10 yrs in a prior life, I've seen many of these - specific towards mortgage lending.

Do I think Trump signed these- Yes, certainly some of them. Perhaps he directs a subjective signer in his stay when it's relating to smaller properties or sales, such as a POA, or as a controller.

Your analogy of borrowing 2 million for 200k is a ruse- but I think it's more likely borrow 2 million against a property that he says is worth 1.5mm but is really only worth 1.3mm - which is more likely accurate. And in larger properties, just add zeros.

Funny that you're an apparent real-estate aficionado and don't know anything about over leveraging a property or the consequences of unfair representation of valuations.

Did you never see the attestation clause in a loan application before?

I'd love to see a real balance sheet for the Trump properties that was factual and showed both real cash flow and values.

I'm betting he's deep in the red on cash flow and even upside down on most of the LTV on his properties.I'd go so far as to say, he's literally living month to month on his properties income streams, and leveraged well over 85%. But he'll never show the books to let the public know.

Speaking of LTV- that's a place where banks were likely indeed misled by Trump / Mazars or his controller Weisselberg- Most banks require LTV to be no greater than 90% on personal residential property, and between 85-80% on commercial property, and in some cases much lower such as multi-family at 73% and construction financing at 75%; Larger construction towers etc,are usually in the 70% for commercial loans.

If Trump has cooked up the books to obtain a loan at either a discounted rate for being within the LTV loan margins, then that's fraud, and it could be worse if he's outside of the LTV margins and shouldn't have gotten the loan in the first place.
eyecu2 is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 12:48 PM   #10
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
...having worked in the banking side of business for 10 yrs in a prior life...

Your analogy of borrowing 2 million for 200k is a ruse- but I think it's more likely borrow 2 million against a property that he says is worth 1.5mm but is really only worth 1.3mm - which is more likely accurate. And in larger properties, just add zeros...

Speaking of LTV- that's a place where banks were likely indeed misled by Trump / Mazars or his controller Weisselberg- Most banks require LTV to be no greater than 90% on personal residential property, and between 85-80% on commercial property, and in some cases much lower such as multi-family at 73% and construction financing at 75%; Larger construction towers etc, are usually in the 70% for commercial loans.

First, you speculate (based on your 10 years of banking experience, cough cough) that Trump was fraudulently able to obtain real estate loans over 150% LTV. ($2 mln against a property worth $1.3 mln.)

Then you tell us most banks will only lend up to 70-85% LTV on commercial properties.

All I can say is - man, that trumpy sure must be a crafty one to snooker banks into busting through their own lending limits like that!

And apparently the banking regulators never caught any of this loosy-goosy stuff either!
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 12:59 PM   #11
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Mr. Trump is a shady character - and everyone knows it.

Another example: he can't pay back Deutsche bank loans on a commercial project, what does he do ?
He drags out the lawyers and accuses the bank of predatory lending.

You can defend Mr. Trump if you want.

The NY case is now only a matter of how much Mr. Trump will have to pay.
Old 02-07-2024, 01:03 PM   #12
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
I'd love to see a real balance sheet for the Trump properties that was factual and showed both real cash flow and values.

Any CPA will tell you a balance sheet carries assets at historical cost, not FMV. And it doesn't show anything about cash flow.

I hope your banking experience didn't involve working in credit underwriting or approval.
Old 02-07-2024, 01:12 PM   #13
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Another example: he can't pay back Deutsche bank loans on a commercial project, what does he do?
He drags out the lawyers and accuses the bank of predatory lending.

You can defend Mr. Trump if you want.

Lol - When did he default on a Deutsche Bank loan and accuse them of predatory lending? I must've missed that one.

I'm not defending Trump. I just want all Americans to be treated fairly and equally under the rules of business, banking and law.
Old 02-07-2024, 01:12 PM   #14
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Quote:
The topic is false statements on bank loan applications.

Did Mr. Trump do that ? Per all the documents reviewed, the answer seems to be yes. False statements on bank loan applications is against the law.
In my limited real estate and banking experience, the value of real property can be as "fluid" as the progressive left would have us believe the sex of a pre-pubescent child is.

Apparently, the real value of the properties in question was established by the market as the amount of the loan that was repaid, plus the agreed upon interest. So, Mr. Trump's estimate of the market value was correct for all practical purposes.

In my own humble circumstances, the value of my home is listed differently by the taxing authority, my insurance company and the real estate agents who try to make me a cash offer over the phone. Who is "lying" to me about that? Only by listing the house for sale and negotiating a closing price will solidly establish the value of my home.
Old 02-07-2024, 01:23 PM   #15
lustylad
BANNED

By the way, has anyone looked up the things they went after Marilyn Mosby for? It's really penny ante stuff! Did she default on those 2 Florida mortgages or has she kept her payments up to date?

I wasn't a fan of hers when she was Baltimore DA, but what did she do to get a DOJ target on her back?

There's more to the story than meets the eye... (not referring to another poster here).

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women