Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > ECCIE International > Central & South America > Colombia - Discussions/Reviews
Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70406
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59908
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47516
pyramider46370
bambino40311
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35331
Mojojo33117

Old 03-17-2021, 06:33 AM   #1
ham4313
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2
Default Retiring to Medellin

Anyone on here retired to Medellin? What are you thoughts about living in Medellin as an expat? I've been thinking about it recently. I've read many pro's about it. Public transportation, cost of living, dining, health care, weather. The woman in the video below also help. My situation is this. I'm 41, no kids, no wife. The company I worked for shut down permanently due to covid. I started to invest in rental properties a few years ago. I decided to cash out my retirement accounts and buy more real estate. I'm probably going to make about 3k a month this year and it will continue to go up every year after that. I don't want to go back to work. I think that should be enough for Medellin. Does anyone live in Medellin but has a business in the US? Sorry for the long post. I got my second covid vaccine shot yesterday and I couldn't sleep much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y4C3Ybq05g
ham4313 is online now   Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 08:40 AM   #2
BLM69
BANNED

Encounters: 59

I say go for it, you're still young without attachments and can always move back or visit the U.S. for a change of scenery, I'm gonna visit medellin and try a 30 day trip to spoil myself
BLM69 is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 08:37 AM   #3
NC-17
Premium Access

Encounters: 57

You are in the perfect situation, you can spend the next 20 years of your life pounding the best poon throughout the country and even the region. Use Badoo, IG and other sources. Many Expats are living this dream, so can you.
NC-17 is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 02:17 PM   #4
ham4313
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-17 View Post
You are in the perfect situation, you can spend the next 20 years of your life pounding the best poon throughout the country and even the region. Use Badoo, IG and other sources. Many Expats are living this dream, so can you.
What level of Spanish do you think I would need to know to get around on my own in Medellin?
Old 03-31-2021, 03:41 PM   #5
KCQuestor
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

Why not go live there for a few months and see? Get a long-term rental apartment and see if you have what it takes to live there? Nothing says it has to be a permanent move. you could even try out different neighborhoods, or even cities, with a different place each month.

You'll figure out pretty quickly if you can get along with basic Spanish, or if you are dying for American food, or whatever you'd miss most from home.
KCQuestor is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 09:19 PM   #6
ham4313
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCQuestor View Post
Why not go live there for a few months and see? Get a long-term rental apartment and see if you have what it takes to live there? Nothing says it has to be a permanent move. you could even try out different neighborhoods, or even cities, with a different place each month.

You'll figure out pretty quickly if you can get along with basic Spanish, or if you are dying for American food, or whatever you'd miss most from home.
You're right I should do that. I probably have to wait 6-12 months until my rental income stabilizes. I just got the first month of rental income from my largest property.
Old 04-01-2021, 03:10 PM   #7
KCQuestor
Lifetime Premium Access

I am hoping to retire to Ensenada or elsewhere in northern Baja California. It's possible to buy property there, but it's a hassle. Before I do anything like that I'm definitely going to rent there for a few months before I commit.
Old 04-25-2021, 10:37 PM   #8
Mental AtrraXXXion
Premium Access

Encounters: 54

Research Poblado and Parque Lleras.
Mental AtrraXXXion is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 05:19 PM   #9
ferdburf
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

I am originally from Texas and moved to Medellín 5 years ago. I am a little older than you but I too have rental properties that partly funds my living here. Most of the expats I know live on far less than you will be making from your rental properties. The pandemic and now protests have made a mess of what was a normal life here but things should hopefully return to normal sooner rather than later. Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions you would like answered.
ferdburf is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 09:24 AM   #10
BLM69
BANNED

Encounters: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mental AtrraXXXion View Post
Research Poblado and Parque Lleras.
I know Parque Lieras is a hooker hangout, I do see a lot of tourist and locals mixed in there also. I seen enough YouTube videos
BLM69 is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 11:14 AM   #11
KCQuestor
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLM69 View Post
I know Parque Lieras is a hooker hangout, I do see a lot of tourist and locals mixed in there also. I seen enough YouTube videos
It's not a formal red light district or anything. Parque Lleras (that's LL, not Lieras) is a neighborhood that happens to have a lot of bars and nightclubs. During the day there are lots of shops and restaurants open, and at night it turns into a hotspot. It just so happens that plenty of working girls hang out there since they know that's where the guy will be.
Old 07-08-2021, 12:30 PM   #12
cannoncocker13b
Valued Poster

Encounters: 68

I’ve been to Medellin a few times love the place . I plan to retire there myself. I was told by a local if you can afford $1000 mo you should be ok . I’m not sure if was referring to bad barrio but las laureles and poblado including envigado are very good areas imho.
cannoncocker13b is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women