Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 07-27-2023, 11:46 PM   #1
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288
Default Randy Meisner (the Eagles) R.I.P.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/27/enter...ath/index.html

The most under-appreciated Eagle, original Bassist for Poco. Glen Frey didn't like Randy, so Meisner was shut out of all the Reunion tours and albums. Of course, Don Felder was hated as well. Don Henley & Glen Frey were united, feeling they were the Eagles, and anyone who performed with them were effectively sidemen supporting Henley/Frey. Not unlike KISS, and Gene Simmons/ Paul Stanley.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 07:40 AM   #2
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

My favorite group all time. Only concert I've ever been to was to see hell freezes over in 94 at the alamodome. Randy was good. Rip

Joe Walsh is God
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 09:53 AM   #3
DNinja69
BANNED

Encounters: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
My favorite group all time. Only concert I've ever been to was to see hell freezes over in 94 at the alamodome. Randy was good. Rip

Joe Walsh is God
I got to see Walsh many moons ago great show the guy is amazing. Eagles are one of the all time greats. RIP RM
DNinja69 is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 10:04 AM   #4
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Hopefully Take It to the Limit will still be played 500 years from now. There is still a great video up
on youtube showing a live performance.
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 05:44 PM   #5
oilfieldace
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Sad to hear anyone dies, who are The Eagles?
oilfieldace is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 05:55 PM   #6
Chung Tran
BANNED

There are a few people who think they are cool, ragging on the Eagles. But Greatest Hits and Hotel California are both in the top 5 albums sold, in music history, with no overlapping songs. Their original line up seethed with talent. Replacements were also talented... Felder, Schmit, Hell, even Vince Gill... And Walsh, does anyone think he would have almost shelved his solo career, except for the chance to join a historically important band?

The worst I heard about them, is playing live ''too close to how the record sounds''. Huh? Fuck, that tells me they have real chops. Would you rather see Dylan, and 3:45 into the song, you're going ''oh yeah, that's Ballad of a Thin Man he's playing??''
Old 07-28-2023, 09:02 PM   #7
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... G'day Mr. Chung.

You're spot-on concerning Frey and Henley... Easier to split
the money with less pirates reaching into the chest.

Other bands surely do the same thing - as KISS (mentioned)
and Van Halen come to mind.

Me-own problem with the Eagles are that they're phony.
Maybe the "most corporate band" next to the Rolling Stones.
But the Stones don't hide it much-any.
While the Eagles act as-if they're "out-laws" and
for "the common man" - while they're REALLY for
the corporation that runs "their" music enterprise.

And surely commands the SKY HIGH ticket prices
for their shows.

... However - another thing you mentioned is the
music SUCCESS! ... The Eagles "greatest hits" (one)
is the LARGEST SELLING record album of All Time.

But THAT surely don't happen without the corporation
pushing out those album copies all over the world.

And since they QUIT mass-producing record albums
with the advent of CDs many years ago - the Eagles
will die with THAT Great Achievement.

Just sayin'

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 09:26 PM   #8
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

Guess the above poster never heard PARADISE! That kills the phony corporate bs alone. Plus their pro environment and stances on many things disproves that as well.
This thread is not about the post above!
RM had a huge influence on the eagles early sound. He influenced so many. I'm sad to see so many I grew up listening too passing away. Can't believe Joe outlived Glenn and randy. Rip

I apologize to Chung. My heartfelt post seems to have attracted 2 posters bringing venom to your thread.

Rip Randy
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 09:48 PM   #9
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

It is shocking 2 of the most venomous and constant Trump posters carry their venom over to this thread and to the Sandbox.

Randy was a tremendous talent and a genuine person. He quit the music business for awhile and sold farm equipment in Nebraska. His friends talked him into returning.

Take It to the Limit was the Eagles first million seller.
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 09:49 PM   #10
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... No venom here. .. Just facts and truth.

When I mention that the Eagles will die with that ACHIEVEMENT
- I mean that NOBODY ELSE can TOP it.

They have the Best Selling record album of ALL TIME.
Maybe some artist will have the best selling CD someday.
That battle surely may go on for a good while longer
as CDs are still sold.

But The Eagles win the day with record album.

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 09:58 PM   #11
Fizley
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Welcome to the Hotel California!
Fizley is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 10:29 PM   #12
Chung Tran
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post
... No venom here. .. Just facts and truth.

When I mention that the Eagles will die with that ACHIEVEMENT
- I mean that NOBODY ELSE can TOP it.

They have the Best Selling record album of ALL TIME.
Maybe some artist will have the best selling CD someday.
That battle surely may go on for a good while longer
as CDs are still sold.

But The Eagles win the day with record album.

#### Salty
Salty, the official count includes LP's (record albums, in your parlance) AND CD's. Do you really think compilers of statistics would count only 33 1/3 rpm albums (record albums) and leave out compact disc sales?

They win with 2 massive sellers. People all over the World want to see the Eagles, even after Meisner and Frey passed, and Leadon and Felder are long gone. Established Stars (Joe Walsh, Vince Gill) wanted in, abandoning their solo careers.

Why the demand to see the Eagles? Because they deliver. The songs are played with precision and care, they play 30+ songs per concert, and Henley (and Frey before passing) isn't
Egotistical, and lets Joe Walsh have a solo turn at each show (typically 3 of his solo classics). Fans gobble up tickets to this day, they know they will get an outstanding Concert.
Old 07-28-2023, 11:38 PM   #13
Redhot1960
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizley View Post
Welcome to the Hotel California!
Redhot1960 is offline   Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 05:08 PM   #14
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/27/enter...ath/index.html

The most under-appreciated Eagle, original Bassist for Poco. Glen Frey didn't like Randy, so Meisner was shut out of all the Reunion tours and albums. Of course, Don Felder was hated as well. Don Henley & Glen Frey were united, feeling they were the Eagles, and anyone who performed with them were effectively sidemen supporting Henley/Frey. Not unlike KISS, and Gene Simmons/ Paul Stanley.

Henley has said many times all bands start out as equals but over time one or two emerge has the true leaders of the band. he's not wrong and he likened himself and Frey to Lennon & McCartney in the Beatles.

while there was some discord toward the end of Meisner's tenure in the Eagles his later lack of participation had more to do with long term health issues than any lingering animosity with Frey and Henley.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_...1%E2%80%931977)

Health and legal issues

Meisner reportedly struggled with periodic alcohol dependency since the late 1960s, especially during his tenure with the Eagles, as he tried to deal with his new-found fame.[55][not in citation given] Following minor heart attacks in 2004, he was forced to cut back on touring.[citation needed] As his health continued to deteriorate, he eventually stopped performing. His last-known public performance was in 2008 in Naples, Florida.[44]

In March 2013, Meisner suffered yet another health scare after losing consciousness in his California home. A piece of food obstructed his breathing while he was eating, and he was rushed to the hospital. While doctors were optimistic about his recovery, Meisner spent some time in a coma,[56] and in his weakened state was unable to participate in the History of the Eagles tour alongside fellow ex-bandmate Bernie Leadon, who participated in the tour.[57] He later revealed that his former Eagles bandmates had paid the medical bills from the hospitalization.[56]

interestingly, it's reported that Frey and Henley paid for medical treatment. considering Meisner was worth 15 million this seems like a goodwill gesture by the others. Meisner was far from financially destitute.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/ri...ner-net-worth/

Henley in particular said Meisner had the hardest time adjusting to be being rich and famous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaMan View Post
Hopefully Take It to the Limit will still be played 500 years from now. There is still a great video up
on youtube showing a live performance.

here is one with Meisner

Take It to the Limit (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA, 10/20-22/1976) (2018 Remaster)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJkW0Clsvrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
Salty, the official count includes LP's (record albums, in your parlance) AND CD's. Do you really think compilers of statistics would count only 33 1/3 rpm albums (record albums) and leave out compact disc sales?

They win with 2 massive sellers. People all over the World want to see the Eagles, even after Meisner and Frey passed, and Leadon and Felder are long gone. Established Stars (Joe Walsh, Vince Gill) wanted in, abandoning their solo careers.

Why the demand to see the Eagles? Because they deliver. The songs are played with precision and care, they play 30+ songs per concert, and Henley (and Frey before passing) isn't
Egotistical, and lets Joe Walsh have a solo turn at each show (typically 3 of his solo classics). Fans gobble up tickets to this day, they know they will get an outstanding Concert.

the tale of the tape puts the Eagles 15th all time at about 153 million albums sold.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._music_artists

if TWK picks a fav Eagles song ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98CFJmoADO0
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 06:00 PM   #15
oilfieldace
BANNED

What venom? The Eagles were loved by many, nothing wrong with that.
oilfieldace is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women