Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 05-14-2013, 01:13 AM   #1
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54
Default why are we here?

I thought about this today, how did we get to this point of rationalizing and accepting lying, cowardly politicians. I came to the conclusion that a long time ago the schools stop teaching how special and great this country is (was?). We used to be the hope of the world. We rescued Europe twice, the far east, and Australia. We built canals that couldn't be built, cured diseases, created technology, and put men on the moon. There was nothing that the US couldn't solve at some point. Then we became part of the world community. So much a part that we could not doing something unless the world agree and we had to pick up the load plus the load of carrying other countries on our back. When it came to politics, we started accepting poor behavior. We had bad behavior in the old days but we tended to turn them out when exposed. Today they get reelected after stealing money from the house bank, taking bribes in ABSCAM, and fucking pages like Gerry Studds.

We accepted our decline because we were not special and don't deserve anything better. If we get back to the superlative nature of our country then the next thing is to demand better leaders. Our culture is superior in so many ways to other cultures. We don't rape our women and call it punishment. We don't slaughter prisoners in our wars. We don't cut of a woman's clitoris for our benefit. We don't stone gay people. We don't keep our poor or minorities in ghettos. They can work themselves out of a poor situation.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:33 AM   #2
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
I thought about this today, how did we get to this point of rationalizing and accepting lying, cowardly politicians. I came to the conclusion that a long time ago the schools stop teaching how special and great this country is (was?). We used to be the hope of the world. We rescued Europe twice, the far east, and Australia. We built canals that couldn't be built, cured diseases, created technology, and put men on the moon. There was nothing that the US couldn't solve at some point. Then we became part of the world community. So much a part that we could not doing something unless the world agree and we had to pick up the load plus the load of carrying other countries on our back. When it came to politics, we started accepting poor behavior. We had bad behavior in the old days but we tended to turn them out when exposed. Today they get reelected after stealing money from the house bank, taking bribes in ABSCAM, and fucking pages like Gerry Studds.
Wrong. There are a lot more resignations for bad behavior because they (bad behaviors) are exposed with more coverage. Of course a wingnut sees America in decline because no bill should be longer than 3 pages and their thoughts can be completely contained in a tweet.

In other words douche-bag, it's more complicated than you state and in many ways we are ascending.

Start a thread to list pros and cons.

We accepted our decline because we were not special and don't deserve anything better. If we get back to the superlative nature of our country then the next thing is to demand better leaders. Our culture is superior in so many ways to other cultures. We don't rape our women and call it punishment. We don't slaughter prisoners in our wars. We don't cut of a woman's clitoris for our benefit. We don't stone gay people. We don't keep our poor or minorities in ghettos. They can work themselves out of a poor situation.
You accept what you consider to be decline because your core character is that of a small, weak, lying, shunner of responsibility.

Yes you jd. You are minute.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:39 AM   #3
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

A new avatar (but you might have to share Munchie) for you.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:10 AM   #4
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:

Probably correct if they are accepting substandard teachers like you and your rainbow ways.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:11 AM   #5
bojulay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

It's the ultimate expression of Political Correctness.

The same idea would have us submit to the UNs laws and protocols.

You can thank the Nazis and Communist for the demonization of Nationalism.
The throwing out of the baby with the bathwater.
bojulay is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #6
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default We are still a great country....haven't you seen all that oil we have found!

JD,

You were put on this earth to blow sailors, go back to doing your job. Leave the deep thinking to others....

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #7
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

A couple of things; Biggen finally acknowledges my profession and when exactly did WTF exhibit an aptitude for "deep thinking"?
Old 05-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #8
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

How we got here................a long list....but at the top are my considerations:

- A spoiled baby boomer generation of consumers who want it all and don't believe in denying themselves anything.

- Massive legal and illegal immigration that diluted our culture, our conformity, or unity. It has overwhelmed our fundamental institutions...we are no longer capable of becoming a melting pot.

- A broken education system that teaches to the lowest common denominators, ignores the great contributions of our Western civilization heritage, and is controlled top to bottom by Progressives.

-A never ending federal grab of power that dilutes individual and state's rights.

- The explosion of "victimhood" in America.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #9
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post

- Massive legal and illegal immigration that diluted our culture,
Who exactly were those great scientists who ran the Manhattan project, built the bomb, built rockets, got the men on the moon?

Surely not immigrant Germans, Austrians, Hungarians, etc etc etc ? Plus the odd Brit ?

I heard recently that 5 or so of the great scientists all came from small town in ? Hungary. Can't remember where I read it, so I can't look it up and check.

- on further research, it may have been the Lutheran high school in Budapest, von Neumann and Wigner both went to school there. Don't ask me why jewish kids went to a Lutheran school....it seems a lot of them did. I got this information from
Made in Hungary: Hungarian contributions to universal culture

Again, how much music was from immigrants? All those European musicians who composed and played in Hollywood orchestras.

How can immigrant spice dilute?

America, like Britain, survives through immigration.

Do you need any more dripping sarcasm, or is my case proven? Who the hell are all these 'Americans' if not immigrants?

So you don't think I'm some rageing lefty woofter, there is a dark side. I hope LK doesn't use this for one of her rants. But to say there is no problem is the start of the problem.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...stitution.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...of-errors.html
essence is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #10
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Every "hood" is a victimhood for you Whineaway!

BTW -- when I hit this thread, my security program went apeshit.

which one of you assholes is phishing, hacking, identify theiving, etc.? Didn't happen on any other thread. So....

I have my suspicions.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #11
essence
Valued Poster

Back to the topic...von Neumann...

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=4PR1-WRz87gC

has a very nice forward by his daughter, it gives an excellent description of one immigrant's, and the subsequent generation's, contribution to American life and culture, and what drove it.

It also describes his belief in the US as a bulwark against totalitarianism of all kinds. Hopefully. Although he did warn presciently of imperialist tendencies.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #12
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
A couple of things; Biggen finally acknowledges my profession
Well, he got the "substandard" part right with regards to your JOB.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #13
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

@ essence......legal, controlled immigration is a good thing...........but the tens of millions who flooded our country in the past decades (since 1970s) overwhelmed our capacity to absorb them and more importantly to remain a melting pot .
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #14
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11
Default Why ARE We Here?

Good question, Corneyhole. Why are you here is more like it. Is it to try to find someone who will listen to your silly "enlightenment"? Good luck with that. Faux Noise already has plenty of outlets.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #15
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy4Candy View Post
Good question, Corneyhole. Why are you here is more like it. Is it to try to find someone who will listen to your silly "enlightenment"? Good luck with that. Faux Noise already has plenty of outlets.
We are here to change Cornhole's diapers!
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women