Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70418
biomed160570
Yssup Rider59929
gman4452934
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47545
pyramider46370
bambino40322
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35368
Mojojo33117

Old 08-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Default Democrats Refuse to Pass a Budget

The Democratically cotrolled Senate has not passed a budget since April 29, 2009. This is unprecedented and a violation of the law. Hopefully, the Republicans can regain control of the Senate and return to operating within the law after this November.

Ryan And Sessions: 'Unprecedented 1,200 Days' Since Senate Democrats Passed A Budget

August 10, 2012

WASHINGTON – House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan of Wisconsin and Senate Budget Committee Ranking Member Jeff Sessions of Alabama issued the following joint statement marking the 1,200th day since Senate Democrats have last adopted a budget:
“Tomorrow marks another disappointing record for the United States Senate: Senate Majority Leader Reid and his Democrat conference will have gone an unprecedented 1,200 days without adopting a budget plan as required by law. Not only have they failed to adopt a budget, but with America under threat of financial calamity, they have refused to even present a plan for public scrutiny. Last year, Majority Leader Reid said it would be ‘foolish’ to do a budget and the legally required Budget Committee mark-up was cancelled. No plan from his conference has seen the light of day. He refuses to disclose who he plans to tax and how he plans to spend taxpayers’ money.
“This year, Senate Budget Committee Chairman Kent Conrad committed to bringing forth a budget plan and conducting a mark-up, and was shut down by the Majority Leader. Once again, the conference put forward no proposal and offered nothing on the Senate floor. The Senate Majority did not offer up a single plan or even cast a vote in support of a single plan. By contrast, House Republicans laid out and adopted a credible, responsible plan that avoids this looming debt crisis with spending cuts and pro-growth tax reform while preserving the safety net.

"Never before has our nation needed a budget and a long-term financial plan as badly as it needs one now. The Congressional Budget Office stated this week that the federal government is on track to run another trillion-dollar deficit this year and our debt will continue to explode with this continued lack of leadership. In addition to huge deficits, we face a $4 trillion tax increase at the end of this year and a sequester that Defense Secretary Panetta said will ‘do catastrophic damage to the military.’ Responsible and moral leadership requires the Senate to meet its legal obligation to pass a budget and to begin to address the fiscal crisis that is fast approaching our nation.”

http://budget.house.gov/news/documen...umentID=306183
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #2
CJ7
Valued Poster

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...d-pass-budget/
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #3
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Uh CJ? Joe was talking about the senate and your post is about Obama. Can you read? Can you comprehend?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:00 PM   #4
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

No, he can't, JD. We've been working with him on that comprehension thing, but he just won't cooperate. It's sad, really.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #5
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Uh CJ? Joe was talking about the senate and your post is about Obama. Can you read? Can you comprehend?
after explaining it to COF several times I'll assune he has no comprehension skill at all

as for you JD how can a teacher not know shit about civics ...

pay attention

After receiving the President's budget request, Congress generally holds hearings to question Administration officials about their requests and then develops its own budget resolution. This work is done by the House and Senate Budget Committees, whose primary function is to draft and enforce the budget resolution. Once the committees are done, their budget resolutions go to the House and Senate floors, where they can be amended (by a majority vote). A House-Senate conference then resolves any differences, and a conference report is passed by both houses.
The budget resolution is a "concurrent" congressional resolution, not an ordinary bill, and therefore does not go to the President for his signature or veto. It also requires only a majority vote to pass, and its consideration is one of the few actions that cannot be filibustered in the Senate.
The budget resolution is supposed to be passed by April 15, but it often takes longer. Occasionally, Congress does not pass a budget resolution. If that happens, the previous year's resolution, which is a multi-year plan, stays in effect.

`````````````

the house passed "their" budget because the senate CAN NOT< BY LAW filibuster a single line in said budget

the HOUSE CAN< BY LAW filibuster every single item in a senate budget, and thats exactly whats been going on ... stalling the budget. The house has set record numbers for filibusters starting with the 110th congress, up until this very day, and are on pace to top last years fiflbuster record ...

just the facts
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #6
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Now we have the filibuster in the House of Representatives. Interesting. Do they know that? Since it was ended in 1852.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #7
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Now we have the filibuster in the House of Representatives. Interesting. Do they know that? Since it was ended in 1852.
excuse me ... senate filibusters

even I get confused having to explain civics 101 20 times a day to the kids here
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #8
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

We all understand it, CBJ7. That is why we are so concerned about you.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #9
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
We all understand it, CBJ7. That is why we are so concerned about you.
dont be
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:48 PM   #10
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

You've got to be willing to accept help if you ever want to get better, CBJ7.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #11
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

So CJ7 now you are saying that it was filibusters in the Senate and not filibusters in the House. Just to bring the rest of you up to speed here, CJ7 gave me the same line, in another thread, about how the House Republicans were filibustering the Senate Democrat's budget and were therefore stalling the Senate budget process. But CJ7 you are also wrong about the Senate Republicans filibustering the Senate budget process. The filibuster in the Senate cannot be used on budget bills. They would have to change the rules of the Senate. CJ7 you also stated that you handed me my ass on this issue in another thread. So tell me again whose ass got handed to them. LOL.
NiceGuy53 is online now   Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #12
joe bloe
Valued Poster

This is starting to sound like an intervention. I don't think he can get better until he hits bottom. I'm willing to help with that.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #13
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuy53 View Post
So CJ7 now you are saying that it was filibusters in the Senate and not filibusters in the House. Just to bring the rest of you up to speed here, CJ7 gave me the same line about how the House Republicans were filibustering the Senate Democrat's budget and were therefore stalling the Senate budget process. But CJ7 you are also wrong about the Senate Republicans filibustering the Senate budget process. The filibuster in the Senate cannot be used on budget bills. They would have to change the rules of the Senate. CJ7 you also stated that you handed me my ass on this issue in another thread. So tell me again whose ass got handed to them. LOL.

I did and I stand corrected.

http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/ref...tureCounts.htm

no stalling there is there.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:46 AM   #14
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

When the facts are not on your side then use jibberish. Sorry for you CJ.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:52 AM   #15
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

It is CJ's "handicapp", we have to make room for him...ya know, kinda like letting him get a reserved parking spot up close....

CJs new avatar:

Whirlaway is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women